Last week we shipped our Q1 2013 SP1 official release for RadControls for WPF and RadControls for Silverlight. As always we put our efforts in adding a lot of new features and remove the small glitches across all controls . I will list here the most exciting ones and you can check all details in our thorough release notes here for WPF and here for Silverlight: Diagram
- Service Customization- With the latest release RadDiagram supports mechanism allowing the user to change the internal diagram services. Modifying services for dragging, resizing and so on, opens the way for numerous customizations of the default diagram behavior.
- Mouse Position Indicator in Ruler - Diagram ruler implemented out of the box support for visual red indicator. We have listened to customers demand and implemented mouse position indicator in the ruler. This indicator represents a visual feedback to the user about mouse coordinates inside RadDiagram.
- Manipulation points for the corners and straight parts of a polyline connection - Connections now could be easily edited using manipulation points. A manipulation point is added by holding the control key and clicking on the canvas. This allows the user to create a polyline (zig-zag) connection in order to bypass certain shape for example.
- Currency/numeric Input could customize the transition behavior from negative value to zero. By default the negative sign remains in front of the zero value. Latest binaries provide a way to remove the negative sign.
- Support for thumbnails - Created and exposed API that allows easy creation and visualization of thumbnails. All you need to do is to specify a RadFixedPage and the ThumbnailFactory class will return a snapshot of the page.
- Full fallback mechanism for not embedded fonts - The font fallback mechanism is now extended in order to handle documents that do not have embedded fonts. This ensures that the files will be shown as close as possible to the way they would in case the fonts were included in the file.
- Exposed API that will allow changing cursors of RadPdfViewer - Now you can easily toggle the appearance of the cursor depending on the content at the specific point which the mouse is over. The currently supported cursor modes are Default, Text, Link and Pan.
- Implemented Export functionality - With our SP you are able to Export RadPivotGrid to different formats. You can use GenerateExport method to generate PivotExportModel. This model holds all data that is needed for this export – from number of rows and columns to the values of the cells and their font, fill, etc. By using the data you can export it to different formats, for example xlsx (Microsoft Excel), docx (Microsoft Word), pdf, HTML.
- Full support for Custom LocalizationManager - We have exposed a lot of new Resource Keys which you can use to Localize your RadPivotGrid. If you want to use RadPivotGrid with your native language, just create a Custom Localization Manager and give values for all of the keys. This way you can make working with RadPivotGrid even easier and comfortable.
- Implemented HeaderTemplateSelectors and HeaderStyleSelectors - e continue improving our customization abilities and with this release we have implemented two new selectors. With HeaderTemplateSelectors you can modify how the data is presented in the headers. This is useful when you want to show additional data in the headers, based on some condition. An example for such case is showing images for products, which you are using for group description. With HeaderTemplateSelector you can use the name of the product (pen, pencil, mouse pad, etc.) and show different images for each of them.
- Implemented Value Filters for OLAP - With our SP release you are able to apply value filters for each of the dimensions that you’ve added in RowGroupDescriptions and ColumnGroupDescriptions. By using them you are able to filter the selected dimension based on the used measures. For example you can filter “Category” dimension to show items for which “Reseller Order Quantity” is greater than 2500. This way you can make the generated report more readable and easy to understand.
- Support for alignment of Table elements - Now the table functionality has been enhanced to support table alignment just as paragraph alignment works. Users can specify left, right and center alignment for a richer document editing experience.
- Added support for East Asian languages line breaking rules - A special justify alignment used in East Asian languages can be used. It changes not only the space between words, but also between characters in the same word, which is particularly convenient in languages that do not use intervals as separators between words.
- Implemented ClearAllFormating command which clears both the styles and the local values of the formatting properties of the text.
- Extended the API of RadRichTextBox and RadDocumentEditor, so that it would be easier to apply different types of changes in the document. For example, now you can modify the appearance of images; change the vertical and horizontal content alignment of table cells independently; set Tags to document elements, etc.
- Added an option to print a page range through the dialog and programmatically in WPF. Now you can specify a page range, say from 1 to 5, and only these pages will be printed.
- RadSpreadsheet ContextMenu - added an easy to use and customize RadContextMenu that provide for a fast and intuitive way to trigger the most common operations.
- Changing the IsEnabled of command descriptors depending on the current state of the worksheet (cell edit vs cell selection mode), so that the respective buttons in the RibbonView would be enabled/disabled accordingly.
- Implemented relative, absolute and mixed cell reference ranges – Formulas normally use the values of other cells as parameters. Now, the cell references can be absolute, relative or a combination of the two methods. Dynamic FontSize, FontFamily and Brushes in Windows8 and Windows8Touch themes
- Dynamic FontSize, FontFamily and Brushes in Windows8 and Windows8Touch themes - Changing the default FontSize of any of the aforementioned themes was causing them to look and behave incorrectly. Now everything looks as stunning as it should no matter what FontSize or FontFamily is applied.Import for shared formulas
- Themes import/export - A Theme is a set of formatting choices that include a set of theme colors, fonts and effects. They were introduced in our Q1 release and now they can be imported and exported to .XLSX to provide for a safe way to persist the rich formatting.Fill the active cell with the contents of an adjacent cell
- Import of shared formulas - Shared formulas are a group of functions that contain a similar pattern. Such formulas can now be imported successfully.
- Added formula signature tooltip - RadSpreadsheet supports a great number of formulas. Now, when you start typing one, you can notice a visual aid in the form of a tooltip showing the name and the possible arguments a formula can have.
- Fill the active cell with the contents of an adjacent cell - Now you can do that even easier. Select an empty cell that is below, to the right, above, or to the left of the cell that contains the data that you want to use to fill the empty cell. On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Fill, and then click Down, Right, Up or Left.
- Grouping – Now you can arrange the tiles into a logical groups with dedicated headers and the possibility for customizing the background of each group.
- Theming – We have enabled all of our built-in themes for RadTileList in order to facilitate its use alongside with all other components.
Do not take my word for granted but check what’s inside Q1 2013 SP1 under Your Account.