This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

z-index in 2013Q1

3 Answers 29 Views
PanelBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dhlennon
Top achievements
Rank 1
dhlennon asked on 20 Mar 2013, 08:37 AM
Have you changed the default z-index in 2013Q1?

I had a css overlay "eu cookie warning" which is now obscured by a radpanelbar since upgrading to 2013Q1.

I have fixed this by explicitly setting a very high z-index for the overlay, which is fine.

But can you confirm whether this is a bug, or do you have a new updated list of default z-indices for all controls.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2013, 09:25 AM
Hello David,

In general we have not changed the value of the z-index applied to the RadMenu control. Can you please provide more details on the issue? Does it appear after the upgrade of the controls? What was the version that you were previously using? Can you also provide a live url that we can test locally and observe the issue?  

Regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
dhlennon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2013, 08:00 PM
Thank you for replying.

As I mentioned in the OP I have dealt with the issue, and it was bad CSS coding on my part for it to occur at all.

I can't afford the time or resources to make a demo for you.. sorry.

All I can tell you is I have a live "production" website, and the radpanelbar (nb not menu as you mentioned) was now at a higher z-index than in the previous build.

This occurred when I upgraded my live website from 2012Q3 to 2013Q1. As I said, my bad coding in my CSS z-index was fixed. I was only mentioning it to you in case something had slipped through .. it was something that worked before that now doesn't.

I think the control works perfectly. I only wanted you to be aware of a breaking change for stupid coders like me.

Many thanks. You guys are the best I've encountered in 20 yrs!
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 03:15 PM
Hi David,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for your questions. Please note that you can always refer to our release history notes here where all the breaking changes are listed.

Kind regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
PanelBar
Asked by
dhlennon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
dhlennon
Top achievements
Rank 1