Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
223 views
hello , i want to use RadRichTextBox in a form while it is right to left , so i can use right to left languages plus english language , like it's possible in MS-Word when you use the right to left button , but it seems like RadRichTextBox doesn't support it , it doesn't make any difference when i RightToLeft the control , is there anyway to do it ?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Oct 2012
1 answer
198 views
Update: Figured it, I need to export all the themes as custom packages and then open one, then edit it. This is not obvious!
I'm on the current version of the controls and using a RadGridView to show some data, but it is showing the current row as highlighted in orange.

On other RadGridViews I have removed this programmatically but I'd like to use the Visual Style Builder so I can apply this fix once across my whole project. I just need some help finding it as it is quite impenetrable.

In VSB I've selected Control Default (the theme I want to customise) then drilled down as follows;
RadGridView
RadGridViewElement
GridTableElement
GridDataRowElement
GridDataCellElement

From what I understand, I should be able to set or clear the element state in the top right hand corner window for IsCurrentRow.

This is the confusing bit, it is already there and marked as 'no style'. I would have though it would have a colour applied to it which I would be able to clear.

Is the orange colour being set in a parent item? I've gone up the hierarchy and none of them have a style set for IsCurrentRow.
Perhaps I need the IsSelected?

Where am I going wrong? VSB seems fairly complex so I may not even be looking at the right theme for all I know.

Thanks in advance
 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Oct 2012
3 answers
319 views
Hi Telerik team,

 I am into investigations on do you provide, Winform telerik grid where I intend to have excel like functionality on cells and features as:

  1. Insert row
  2. Delete row
  3. Copy/paste row/rows in and out of grid
  4. Copy and paste entire grid contents out to excel/word,etc
  5. Sort columns
  6. Hide columns
  7. Edit at cell level on certain rows and certain cells
  8. Formatting at cell level (highlight,etc)
  9. Show /hide rows
  10. Filter on columns based on unique column field
  11. Set a formula on column with data on other columns like excel and change it accordingly with change on other data column cell
  12. Export to excel feature.
  13. Freeze column or rows
  14. Grid like excel with all or relative editable rows

Your earliest reply will be a great help.

Thanks,
Puja

 

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Oct 2012
3 answers
120 views
Hi , 

Is it possible to implement scroll in RadChart for Win Forms. We are currently using version Q3 2010.

Thanks,
Marut
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2012
1 answer
184 views
Hey,

I'm working with mvc and asp.net. I have a telerik grid with 10 columns. But I need the first 5 columns grouped under 1 header and the last 5

f.e.

Before christ   |  After christ
1  |2  |3  |4  |5  | 1 |2  |3  |4  |5


I already found this link:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/multicolumnheaders/defaultcs.aspx

But that is for an ajax grid and that is not what I need. I'm using a razor view. Anyone has any ideas?
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2012
1 answer
124 views
Hi all,

I've just downloaded the latest release of RadControls for WinForms and the most basic of tiles are formatting incorrectly.  See the design-time view versus the runtime view.  It seems the tiles are always positioned an extra column from the left which is buggy.

What's wrong?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2012
3 answers
834 views
Hi,

I'm the same user from ticket
610565

.

I decided to use RadGridView instead of RadListView because it's performance is much better....
I use the grid with only one column - which includes simple text but also links, but without the HyperlinkColumn (I must have only one column so the control will look like a list of messages).

I also registered for the cellClick event:
private void radGridView1_CellClick(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellEventArgs e)
    {
      GridViewCellInfo cell = (GridViewCellInfo)radGridView.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[e.ColumnIndex];
  
      if (cell.Tag != null)
      {
        Process.Start(cell.Tag.ToString());
      }
    }

The question is how can I start the link open process ONLY when the user click on the TEXT, and not anywhere in the specific cell.

Thanks,
Hila.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2012
7 answers
561 views

Hello,

I have a gridview bound to an entity framework collection. To update to database I refresh my collection followed by gridview.Refresh. This works as expected when I change fields of existing entities. 

However, when I add a new entity into the collection, the gridview does not reflect the insertion unless I set its DataSource to null and back to my collection. How can I force a rebind without completely resetting the gridview state like that?

Thanks.

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2012
1 answer
113 views
Is there a way to not select a Tab in the PageView 

So that when the tab open for the first time no tab is selected?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2012
1 answer
291 views
Hi, i have 3 questions about the autohide tool windows.  

1 i have a tool window docked right.  the pin is on the right.  how can i put the pin on the left when open?
2 how can i stop the tool window from opening on mouse hover.  users only want it to open when clicked
3. how can i fill the available space.  it's stopping next to the end of the container and you can see what's under it.  i want it to slide all the way out to the edge of the control it's on.

see attachments that will make 1 and 3 clearer. 

Thanks!
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?