Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
222 views

Hi Team,
I am binding grid to the out put of a stored procedure on page load.

I see some dummy blank rows getting added. Can you please let know on how i can remove this.
[ I have checked my stored procedure and it is not returning any blank row]

***********************************
I am adding the summary row like this. The below code is in page load.

GridViewSummaryItem Additional_Pipeline_Needed = new GridViewSummaryItem("Additional_Pipeline_Needed", "{0}", GridAggregateFunction.Sum);
              GridViewSummaryItem Next_Year_Backlog = new GridViewSummaryItem("Next_Year_Backlog", "{0}", GridAggregateFunction.Sum);
              GridViewSummaryItem Next_Year_Weighted_Pipeline = new GridViewSummaryItem("Next_Year_Weighted_Pipeline", "{0}", GridAggregateFunction.Sum);
 GridViewSummaryRowItem summaryRowItem = new GridViewSummaryRowItem(new GridViewSummaryItem[] { 
                  ,Additional_Pipeline_Needed,Next_Year_Backlog,Next_Year_Weighted_Pipeline});
              this.rgvSummaryReport.SummaryRowsBottom.Add(summaryRowItem);

I have ViewCellFormatting & CellFormatting events which is used to add $ symbol and replace - of negative number with ()
Ex: -5 will become ($5)

private void radgrid_ViewCellFormatting_1(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
           
                GridSummaryCellElement cell = e.CellElement as GridSummaryCellElement;
                if (e.CellElement != null)
                {
                    if (e.CellElement.Text.Contains("$-"))
                    {
                        e.CellElement.Text = e.CellElement.Text.Replace("$", "").Replace("-", "($") + ")";
                        e.CellElement.TextAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleRight;
                    }
                }
          }

private void radgrid_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
                GridSummaryCellElement cell = e.CellElement as GridSummaryCellElement;
                if (e.CellElement != null)
                {
                    if (e.CellElement.Text.Contains("$-"))
                    {
                        e.CellElement.Text = e.CellElement.Text.Replace("$", "").Replace("-", "($") + ")";
                        e.CellElement.TextAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleRight;
                    }
                }
        
}


After writing the above code, the -ve sign in a column in the  total row does not show up with () on page load. It still appears as $-5, but on click on any cell, it gets changed to  ($5)
Can you pls help.

Regards,
-Vikas

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2012
3 answers
296 views
I have created a custom column by inheriting from GridViewDataColumn (and GridDataCellElement and BaseGridEditor and LightvisualElement)

When used, the column is databound to an object (often an Entity Framework Entity).

If I try to sort on the column, it doesn't work in any meaningful way, probably because the grid doesn't know how to sort the objects the column is databound to.

Is there a way for the column to control how it is sorted ?

I'd rather not use the custom sorting features of the grid, then I would have to implement it on all grids using the column (the column is rather generic and used all over).

The logic I would like to implement is quite similar to logic of the DisplayMemberSort property in GridViewComboBoxColumn (sorting on something else than the value the column is databound to).

Peeking at the code of GridViewComboBoxColumn, it seems as it is implementing this functionality by overriding the GetValue method, and looking at the GridViewDataOperation flag. However, the GetValue method is internal, so I can't do the same in my column class.

Thanks /Hannes
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2012
1 answer
141 views
Hi,

Is it possible to change the Values section of the RadPivotFieldList component to display a value instead of counting the values?

Cheers

Shaun.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2012
1 answer
113 views
I need a masked edit box that allows for up to 2 digits (0 - 99).  I followed the documentation, tried every combination of standard and numeric masks that should have worked to no avail.

I use Standard MaskType, with Mask 00, 99, ## - it only allows me to enter 1 digit, it should be 2 according to the documentation.  
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2012
6 answers
437 views
I'm using the following snippet to find text

private void HightlightText(string textToHighlight)
{
    DocumentTextSearch search = new DocumentTextSearch(this.radRichTextBox1.Document);
    foreach (var textRange in search.FindAll(textToHighlight))
    {
        this.radRichTextBox1.Document.Selection.AddSelectionStart(textRange.StartPosition);
        this.radRichTextBox1.Document.Selection.AddSelectionEnd(textRange.EndPosition);
        this.radRichTextBox1.ChangeTextHighlightColor(Color.Red);
    }
}

I'd like to know how to get the line number of the textRange found and the entire text of the line that contains textRange.

Tommaso
Tommaso
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Oct 2012
2 answers
250 views
Hi

I'm using panorama on vb but I have noticed that there are no effects for tiles and all tiles are generated using same color .
is there a workaround ? (Same with demohub)
also when tiles are clicked there is no effect like pulse or grow or something.
The control also lack keyboard navigation  (like metro in windows media center).

Thanks.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2012
5 answers
127 views
Hi
 kindly let me know can I use Telerik controls in WPF Application?

Thanks 
Prafull..
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2012
1 answer
121 views
Hi All,

In the backstage view mode, I would like to customize the space between the left side items. Do you know how to do that? For example, I want to set the space between item 1,2 and 3 to 0 and the space between item 3 and 4 to a large space. Also I would like to put a seperate line between the items do you know how to do that?

Thanks
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2012
3 answers
699 views
HI,
i would like to ask to you if the RADControls for windows Forms manage the change of screen resolution.
What i mean is that when i build my UI i design it with a resolution of 1280x800 so that all controls fit the screen area.
But if i should run on others system with a larger resolution of 1600x900 or 1900x1080 i would like to see my form, all controls inside (and all font's size for the text's contents) scaled to a "bigger" value so that my forms would "fit" the screen at the new resolution.
Is this possibile ???
Thanks in advance
Stefano
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2012
5 answers
411 views
Hi All,

I am using radgrid.I wanted to change the orientation of grid. It means i want to show my grid in column(vertical)-row(horizontal) format.
Can anyone guide me?
Please be needful to me.


Thanks
Ankit
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?