Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
132 views
i have a vs application i don'w know what is the version used but i used Q2 2010 
please help me to find a version or get solution of this error .

1- 
radGridViewContainerStock.Columns["Product_Name"].Index = 1;

2- 
private void radGridViewContainerStock_ViewCellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
 {
     e.CellElement.RowInfo.Cells["Discrepancy"].CellElement.ForeColor = radGridViewTripStock.Rows[e.CellElement.RowIndex].VisualElement.ForeColor;
}

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2012
1 answer
276 views
Hi,

I was wondering if any one could help me, I'm trying to add the onclick event to a RadProgressBarElement. For some reason it does not appear to fire, am I missing something?

I'm using 2012.2.726.40

this.radProgressBarElement1.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.radProgressBarElement1_Click);

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
3 answers
97 views
Hey Guys

I'm getting a strange issue where the grid collapses when you click somewhere on the grid.  ( see attached). All the text overwrites on top of each other. This is intermittent only. ( but fairly common)

If I drag a column out ( if I can get one) then it all restores OK.

Anyone else seen this?  any thoughts of which parameters could affect this ,how to debug the issue.?

Cheers

Rob

Update: I think this has something to do with having a relationship , but the child template has been cleared. I'm having to do everything programmically and the same Grid is having to handle very different data and relations. I'm struggling with clearing everything from the previous usage of the grid.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
1 answer
253 views
Hello!

I have my RadScheduler's DoubleClick event written to display a custom form from a program that Telerik controls are embedded in.  The problem is, I can't figure out how to find out which Appointment was selected when the user double-clicks one to edit in the RadScheduler.  I've tried adding an AppointmentSelecting event handler, but then I can't drag and drop.  Using a custom edit appointment form is not an option.  What should I do?

Thanks.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
2 answers
133 views
Brand new to winforms GridView.  First Day. Been using ASP.NET Gridview for years.

Easy question I hope. 

How do you "double click" on a row, open a new window, pass Identity ID to... so I can retreive information details?

private void radGridView1_DoubleClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            DetailsForm form = new DetailsForm();
            form.Show();
        }


Thank you.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
2 answers
780 views
Since the Q3 2012 release we have identified a common scenario when Telerik Visual Studio extensions crash which leads to various problems when using any Telerik project template or wizard. The crash happens when you have multiple Telerik Visual Studio extensions with different versions (e.g. Q2 2012 SP2 and Q3 2012).

To resolve the issue you need to ensure that all Telerik Visual Studio extensions installed have the same version. If you are using Visual Studio 2010/2012 the easiest way is to upgrade all Telerik Visual Studio extensions to the latest version (which is the same) through the Visual Studio Extension Manager.



For Visual Studio 2008 you need to upgrade all Telerik products with Visual Studio extensions to the same version using the Telerik Trial Web Installer or the Telerik Control Panel.

We are currently resolving the issue on our side so that no crashes happen in future releases. Please excuse the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Petar Raykov
The Telerik team


Update:
As some customers reported issues resulting in being unable to perform the above procedure or it not helping in all cases we created a very simple tool for cleaning all Telerik VS Extensions older than our latest version.

You can find the patch attached to this post. Make sure you do not have any running Visual Studio instances when you run the tool.

Note: Running the patch will resolve all version-conflict-related issues (including Visual Studio crashes outlined in this post), but will leave you without VSExtensions in case you have not installed our latest version. The easiest way to get those back is just getting the extensions once more through the Visual Studio Online Gallery.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
5 answers
658 views
Dear Telerik-team,

we are developing a research software with your Telerik for WinForms product.

For some days my colleague and I do get this irritating error. VS doesn't let us change anything in our UI anymore, we can add or remove things in the design view, but VS doesn't generate the code for the UI-elements in the corresponding blabla.Designer.cs. Whenever we try to build our solution we do get this - kind of pre-compile -  message boxes with "object reference not set to an instance of an object", but without any further error information. The message box appears several times, before anything is written into the console. No error is reported there, the solution builds, the UI pops up, but all changes made are not visible. Not to mention that there is no code inside the blabla.Designer.cs for the added UI-elements (which are still visible in the design view).

We re-installed Telerik for WinForms and even VS, but nothing helped. Sadly I can't say any more, when the error appeared first, but I've read posts in your forums describing errors similar to mine. It seems that it has to do with the localization we do via resx.files. We also use several Telerik-UI-elements like the TabStrip, ToolWindows, Grid, Dock and so on. I reduced the solution so that it only contains one project and also removed many functionality from that project, but the error still occurs.

Do you have any common hints to fix a problem like that? Is this a known localization problem?

Thank you in advance, if needed I can also send you the reduced solution.

Best regards!
Fabian Schick
RAG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
1 answer
164 views
This code works but user does not move to that new tab.  After the tab is added it has to be clicked on to view?  What am I doing wrong?

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    this.IsMdiContainer = true;
    this.radDock1.AutoDetectMdiChildren = true;
}

private void radMenuItem1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    Form childForm = new Form();
    childForm.Text = "MDI Child " + DateTime.Now.ToShortTimeString();
    childForm.MdiParent = this;
    childForm.Show();
}
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
0 answers
79 views
Basically I have a parent/child layout,and I just need a filter row on the child, but I cannot seem to figure it out!

Here is what it looks like now:(it only shows the filter for my parent row)





My code that bind the parent/child:

 private void RecordstoDatGrid(ref RadGridView ParentGrid, DataSet DS)
        {
            foreach (DataTable DT in DS.Tables)
            {
                if (DT.TableName != "Templates")
                {
                    GridViewTemplate tmpTemplate = new GridViewTemplate();
                    
                    tmpTemplate.DataSource = DS;
                    tmpTemplate.DataMember = DT.TableName;
                    ParentGrid.Templates.Add(tmpTemplate);
                    GridViewRelation tmpRelation = new GridViewRelation(ParentGrid.MasterTemplate);
                    ParentGrid.MasterTemplate.EnableFiltering = true;
                    ParentGrid.MasterTemplate.EnableGrouping = true;
                    ParentGrid.MasterTemplate.ShowFilteringRow = true;
                    tmpRelation.ParentTemplate = ParentGrid.MasterTemplate;
                    ParentGrid.MasterTemplate.ShowChildViewCaptions = false;
                    tmpRelation.ChildTemplate = tmpTemplate;
                    tmpRelation.RelationName = string.Format("ParentChild_{0}", DT.TableName);
                    tmpRelation.ParentColumnNames.Add("TemplateID");
                    tmpRelation.ChildColumnNames.Add("TemplateID");                   
                    
                    tmpTemplate.Columns["TemplateID"].IsVisible = false;
                    tmpTemplate.AllowColumnChooser = true;
                    tmpTemplate.AllowColumnReorder = true;
                    tmpTemplate.AllowColumnResize = true;
                    tmpTemplate.AllowDragToGroup = true;
                    tmpTemplate.AllowRowReorder = true;
                    tmpTemplate.AllowRowResize = true;

                    tmpTemplate.ShowHeaderCellButtons = true;
                    tmpTemplate.EnableGrouping = true;
                    tmpTemplate.BestFitColumns();
                    tmpTemplate.Caption = DT.TableName;
                    tmpTemplate.ShowChildViewCaptions = false;
                    ParentGrid.ChildRows[0].IsExpanded = true;
                    ParentGrid.TableElement.ShowSelfReferenceLines = true;
                    tmpTemplate.ShowFilteringRow = true;
                    ParentGrid.Relations.Add(tmpRelation);
                    //ParentGrid.Templates[0].HierarchyDataProvider = new GridViewEventDataProvider(ParentGrid.Templates[0]);
                }
            }
        }


Any help would be appreciated!


Never mind everyone, found this nugget in the demo:

 private void SetupFiltering(GridViewTemplate template, bool enableFiltering)
        {
            template.EnableFiltering = enableFiltering;

            for (int i = 0; i < template.Templates.Count; i++)
            {
                SetupFiltering(template.Templates[i], enableFiltering);
            }
        }
Trey
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 22 Oct 2012
1 answer
146 views
Hi,

Is that any way can we use a control in Telerik for Auto Sizing the Form. For instance, I created a Form with Calender and Text Boxes, etc... But problem is that, Sizing is not chaning at all if I run my application on different size of Monitors. 

We have some nice feature in Component One, called 'Sizer' it will adjust the Form and control automatically for any size of monitors.

Do you have any kind of those control I can use in Telerik Win Forms?


Thanks.




Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?