Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
188 views
Hello,

I am trying to set custom item labels at various points underneath a line chart. I am setting the "Value" property of each ChartAxisItem to the x location I want, but instead the chart is simply finding the maximum value and drawing each label equidistant from each other, regardless of the setting of "Value". Do you know how I can get the effect I want? Isn't "Value" supposed to place the ChartAxisItem at that X location?

Here is some code for example:

radChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale = false;
 
var csTest = new ChartSeries();
for (int i = 1; i <= 10; i++)
{
	csTest.Items.Add(new ChartSeriesItem(i, i));
}
radChart1.AddChartSeries(csTest);
radChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AddItem(new ChartAxisItem("Item 1") { Value = 1 });
radChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AddItem(new ChartAxisItem("Item 2") { Value = 2 });
radChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AddItem(new ChartAxisItem("Item 10") { Value = 10 });
// ^^ these are all spaced equidistantally, not according to their "Value"
Petar Marchev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2012
3 answers
245 views
dear,

how can i remove selected specialdays in radcalendar?
i can't find the solution.

and other question is:
When i try with a "for" function remove all Specialdays, then it removes not all specialdays.
(specialday range from 10.10.2012 - 20.10.2012, only remove the following Days: 10,12,14,16,18,20.. between this days it does not remove the specialdays.) 

for (int i = 0; i < radCalendar1.SpecialDays.Count; i++)
            {
 
                radCalendar1.SpecialDays.Remove(radCalendar1.SpecialDays[i]);
 
 
            }

Thank you...


PS: sorry for my english, i hope is enough to find the solution....:-)
RONNY
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Oct 2012
3 answers
145 views
Hello.

Suppose I have status strip with 2 elements which are diametrically opposite to each other on a status strip.
I would like to anchor them, maybe even one of them. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2012
1 answer
131 views
Hi,

I tried to use the option of conversion wizard for an outdated control.
I received an error when doing that. Please see attachment for the error screenshot

Regards,
Daniel
Aylin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2012
1 answer
77 views
Hello,
I have a problem with validating the RadDataTimePicker. When I write 31/12 automatically changes the value to 30/12. Why?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2012
4 answers
337 views
Hii,

I have a grid and i want the data from my remote mysql. I have tested the connection but i am not aware as how to get the data in the grid.

Like this is my connection-
 string connString = "Server=174.121.35.162;Database=funiks_phonebook;Uid=funiks_phonebook;Pwd=phonebook;Port = 3306;";
            MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection(connString);
            MySqlCommand command = conn.CreateCommand();
            command.CommandText = "select contactname,phno from phonebook";

Now i want to get these values in my grid, please advise, Please stretch it so that i can change the values and update the table as well.

It will be very helpful.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2012
2 answers
247 views
I've created dataset using 'Add new Data source' - ShoppingMallDataSet
Then I what to get data from table TClient. So I've created global variable BindingSource bs and initialize it in method GetData

void GetData(){
using(ShoppingMallDataSet smds = new ShoppingMallDataSet())
            {
                using (var conn = new SqlConnection(connection_string))
                {
                    using (var adapter = new ShoppingMallDataSetTableAdapters.TClientTableAdapter() { Connection = conn })
                    {
                        adapter.Fill(smds.TClient);
                        bs.DataSource = smds.TClient;
                    }
                }
}

and here its using in code
.....
rgv.MasterTemplate.DataSource = bs;
 
GetData();

DataSource is not null but rgv has neither rows no columns. Where is the problem?
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Oct 2012
5 answers
295 views
I have a RadMenu with a sub RadMenuComboItem that I would like to DataBind to.  Under the childen collection//RadDropDownList Element - Datasource is greyed out in the editor and if I try the following the code, it runs but nothing is populated in the Combobox. 

this.radMenuComboTheme.ComboBoxElement.BindingContext = this.BindingContext;
this.radMenuComboTheme.ComboBoxElement.DataMember = "Theme_Name";
this.radMenuComboTheme.ComboBoxElement.ValueMember = "Theme_Value";
this.radMenuComboTheme.ComboBoxElement.DataSource = applicationThemes;

According to the documentation :

The RadMenuComboItem allows you to put a drop-down list on a menu. To add items to the combo box work with the Items collection of the RadMenuComboItem.ComboBoxElement property. Because the ComboBoxElement returns a RadDropDownListElement, you can also use data binding to put items in the drop-down list from any data source.

What am I missing?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2012
7 answers
458 views
Hi
I have some data and i want to group one column or show as merge cell in grid Like bellow
From :
Id Name ItemToBuy
1 mike Toshiba portage
1 mike Dell Latitude
2 nancy Toshiba portage
2 nancy Sony vioa
3 rosa Asus
3 rosa Hp
4 farid Sony vioa
 //------------------------------------------------------Show in grid like bellow                                                     
Id Name ItemToBuy
1 mike Toshiba portage
Dell Latitude
2 nancy Toshiba portage
Sony vioa
3 rosa Asus
Hp
4 farid Sony vioa

//---------------------------------------- i dont want to use Hierarchical structure
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2012
1 answer
255 views
Hi,

How to merge 2 columns and have a single header Text for the merged columns

Ex:

current o/p
Col1   Col2  col3  col4
r1c1   r1c2  r1c3  r1c4
r2c1  r2c2  r2c3   r2c4
r3c1  r3c2  r3c3   r3c4

current o/p
Col1  MergedCol  col4
r1c1    r1c2r1c3      r1c4
r2c1    r2c2r2c3      r2c4
r3c1    r3c2r3c3      r3c4
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?