Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
295 views
Is there a way to use a multicolumn combo box editor in the PropertyGrid?

I've tried creating my own custom editor inheriting from the RadMultiColumnComboBoxElement, but I can't seem to get it working correctly.

Thanks
Tom Mieck
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Oct 2012
1 answer
120 views
hi
i useing a rad page view from my project
i want going to other tab page with  next or pervieus butten butten

please help me

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2012
1 answer
104 views

Dear Telerik!

I have a problem with RadSplitButton in RadControls for WinForms.

I have one or more RadRibbonBarGroup within some buttons and for this reason my form isn’t narrow enough, the RadSplitButton (which is in the RadRibbonBarGroup) has an error.

So when I open down the RadRibbonBarGroup than click on an item (the item open a new form) on RadSplitButton, the RadSplitButton remains open.

I attach some screenshot to show you my problem.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advice!

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2012
1 answer
163 views
Hello,
I´m working with radgridview for winforms, I'm a begginer in it, and I have a problem, I don't know how to populate the template of de grid, I try with this code:

Private

 

 

Sub rgvProgramacionEntregasCabecero_ChildViewExpanded(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.ChildViewExpandedEventArgs) Handles rgvProgramacionEntregasCabecero.ChildViewExpanded

 

 

 

Try

 

 

 

'gvtProgramacionEntregasDetalle.DataSource = Obtener_DetalleViaje(rddlCentroDistribucion.SelectedValue, Today.AddDays(-30), _GrupoViaje)

 

 

 

Me.rgvProgramacionEntregasCabecero.Templates(0).DataSource = Obtener_DetalleViaje(rddlCentroDistribucion.SelectedValue, Today.AddDays(-30), _GrupoViaje)

 

 

 

 

End Using

 

 

 

Catch ex As Exception

 

 

 

RadMessageBox.Show(ex.Message, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, RadMessageIcon.Error)

 

 

 

End Try

 

 

 

End Sub

 


but it doesn't work as I expected, when I expanded the principal grid, the template(or de child grid) is empty, so the function Obtener_DetalleViaje return information... I'm not shure it is the way to populate it, someone can help me?
I hope to be clear, thanks in advance
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2012
2 answers
142 views
I would like to be able to use the expression editor as a stand-alone component.  I've been playing with both the WinForms and WPF versions.

I do realize the WinForms version doesn't directly support standalone operation, so what I've done is created a RadGridView and made it invisible.  I add some columns programmatically, and enable expression editing on the first one (only).
Then I have a button which launches the expression editor:
    RadExpressionEditorForm.Show(grid1, grid1.Columns[0]);

Which does bring up the expression editor, and I see the other columns I've defined in the "Fields" list.

But the method RadExpressionEditor.Show() method is not modal -- it returns immediately, and I don't see an alternate ShowDialog() signature.  Also, the method returns void, so I don't know whether the user pressed Cancel or OK.

I'm guessing that what I should do is handle some event on the grid view to know when the dialog has been dismissed ... but I've tried several, including CellValueChanged() and CellEndEdit(), and they don't ever seem to get called.

What am I doing wrong?!?
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Oct 2012
0 answers
134 views
I have an application that is a mdi and on the parent I have a radmenu and on that is a RadMenuComboBoxItem that the user can select the client they want to work with.  I have it setup so that when the user selects a screen the screen loads based on the client that has been selected on the screen.  But there are time the user is going to be doing work on the child and want to change the Client on the parent form.  How can I access the item on the parent from the mdi child?  I can get form, I can get the radmuneitem, but I have not been able to access the RadMenuComboBoxItem.
Eric Klein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Oct 2012
1 answer
104 views
Hello!

I use a non-Telerik form to add/edit Appointments.  I want to use Telerik's Edit Recurrence dialog instead of creating a whole new form like I did for adding/editing appointments.  I want to do something like:

EditRecurrenceDialog dialog = new EditRecurrenceDialog(appointment);
dialog.Show();

I would assume that once the dialog exits, I would be able to retrieve the recurrence rule from the appointment that I passed in's RecurrenceRule property, but the dialog closes right after it opens, and then returns a null exception when I access the RecurrenceRule property since I didn't get to create a recurrence rule with the form.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Oct 2012
5 answers
1.7K+ views
Hi,

I need to implement a customise tootip on my RadGridView cell when user hover mouse on a particular column cell. A tooltip will be displayed showing data of that row. My ToolTip is a user control and when user hover on cell , respective tooltip is shown. I need to know which event of RadGridView will perform this and how to access cell on which user hover mouse. Please help, i need this urgently. Please let me know if some more information required. Thanks in advance,
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2012
3 answers
132 views
I have a RadGridView that I set the datasource at run time.  When I export it all the rows that are visible on the screen export fine, however the ones you can't see the excel row height is 3.75 pixels.  (See attached screen shot)  How do I get the export to export the correct format of all rows not just the ones visible?  One other side note is if I scroll through the list and then export it exports correctly. 

this.tSQL = "EXEC dbo.GetDetailsForCodeType '" + strSelectedCode + "','" + strSelectedCodeType + "'";
DataTable dtMarketDetails = this.da.GetDataTable(this.tSQL);
this.dgMarketDetails.DataSource = dtMarketDetails;

As a test I setup another GridView and pre set the data source and that exports just fine. 

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2012
1 answer
158 views
I'm currently using a RadDropDownList with a set of DescriptionTextListDataItems in DropDownList mode and it looks great except that it's drawing a thin gray separator line between the item text and the item description like this:

Text
----------
Description
Text
----------
Description


Is there a way to remove this separator line and to have a separator line between the list items? What I'm looking for is something like this:

Text
Description
----------
Text
Description

I'm not sure the way I'm doing it now is correct or the preferred way.

private void SearchTypeList_CreatingVisualListItem(object sender, CreatingVisualListItemEventArgs e)
{
    e.VisualItem.BorderColor = SystemColors.Control;
    //e.VisualItem.Children[0].Children[1].Children[1].ShouldPaint = false;
 
    foreach(var child in e.VisualItem.Children)
    {
        if(child is StackLayoutElement)
        {
            foreach(var child1 in child.Children)
            {
                if(child1 is StackLayoutElement)
                {
                    foreach(var child2 in child1.Children)
                    {
                        if(child2 is LinePrimitive)
                        {
                            child2.ShouldPaint = false;
                            return;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?