Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
283 views
Dear Support,

How to bind GridViewImageColumn to a collection. I have a collection, which contains _itemImage.Image (image), and _itemImage.ImageName (string)

I wish to have GridViewImageColumn with Image, and Text written next to it in the column

Ex:
Image(_itemImage.Image)  ImageName(_itemImage.ImageName)



Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
1 answer
141 views
Hi
I have installed the latest version 2012.3 1017 (OCT.17, 2012).

I wonder what is the meaning of CHANGE checkbox on Telerik Control Panel.

Terveisin
Pauli
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
3 answers
369 views
Hello

I have a GridViewCheckBoxColumn column added to a GridView that serves as a visual flag about the row's update status. I want to validate and update that checkbox' ToggleState while I am in the CellEndEdit of another column (that have a Spinner editor).

This gives me a Null value on the left side. (as well as many variants thereof)

if ((ToggleState)e.Row.Cells["RegleActive"].Value == ToggleState.On)

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
3 answers
456 views
Hi, I'm trying to build a custom theme to use over all my application.
I stardet from an existing theme, as suggested, and I've build my custom them as a tssp file.

I added the tssp to my project and I setted it as application theme:

ThemeResolutionService.LoadPackageResource("MyProject.MyCustomTheme.tssp")
ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "MyCustomTheme"

When I build and I run the application, all the forms and controls appears with my custom theme, and this is very good.
But at design time, using the visual studio form editor I don't see my theme.
How can I see my theme even in design time?

Do I have to load the same theme using a RadThemeManager (from the xml equivalent files) and set the ThemeName property for all controls?
If yes, which is the utility of using the ApplicationThemeName property?

Thank you.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
1 answer
147 views
   I have made my custom ribbon bar like this:
  
public class TMRibbonBar:RadRibbonBar
{
}

in similar fashion, I have made my custom buttons ie.RadButtonElement, RadCheckBoxElement.
What I want is how can I add a button of my own in the "Add an Item" option of "Right Click - Context Menu" of "RadRibbonBarGroup". I mean, my custom button should appear in the list to be selected.

I can add my custom button in the RadRibbonBarGroup dynamically, but how can I do it through the UI?
I hope am not raising a totally invalid requirement.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
3 answers
220 views
Win 7 - 64bit,
Telerik WinForms Controls 2012.2.912.40
Using VB.net

Hello:

I placed a RadContextMenu on a Form
I then attempted to associate the RCM to a RadGridView in the ContextMenuOpening Event...

 

 


Private
Sub RGV_ContextMenuOpening(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.ContextMenuOpeningEventArgs)

 

    e.ContextMenu =

 

Me.RadContextMenuForGrids

 

End

 

 

Sub

 

Why is the compiler seeing the 2 objects as being different.  Here is the error?

RadContextMenu cannot be converted to RadDropDownMenu?

Thanks,
Mark

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
1 answer
137 views
Helo,

I have severals radgrid superposed (like picture ) and 
I want to remove border of cell (highlited) in a radgrid if the cell is not selected  to keep only one cell highlited (selected cell)
I use a CellSelect mode

I tried this code but the result is ugly, Because of original cell border (blue) is deleted Also

RadGridView_ViewCellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
    {
     GridDataCellElement dataCell = e.CellElement as GridDataCellElement;
      if (dataCell != null)
      {
          Color borderColor = Color.Transparent;
        if (!dataCell.IsSelected)
          borderColor = Color.Red;
         
         dataCell.BorderColor = borderColor;
      }
        
  }

Thank you for your help,
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
1 answer
169 views
Hi I need to call the SelectedIndex event after loading the form.
The reason for this is that the dropdownlist determines if other controls are displayed on the form

here is a example of the idea
Partial Class Example
     Public Function LoadData() As Boolean
      
       Me.DropDownList1.DataSource = Types.ConfirmationType
 
        If Not CustomerName Is Nothing Then
 
            ' Where the DropDownlist ID is DropDownList1
            Me.DropDownList1.SelectedText = "Driver"
             
            ' Calls the method directly passing the appropriate sender
            Me.DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(Me.DropDownList1, Nothing)
        End If
     End Function
 
    Protected Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(sender As System.Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.Data.PositionChangedEventArgs) Handles DropDownList1.SelectedIndexChanged
          
        Dim options As String = Me.DropDownList1.SelectedText
 
        Select Case options
            Case "Driver"
                'Display the Driver mobile fields
                Me.lblDriverMobile.Visible = True
                Me.txtDriverMobile.Visible = True
                Me.ddlDriverMobileCode.Visible = True
                Me.pbDriverMobile.Visible = True
            Case Else
                'Hide the Driver mobile fields
                Me.lblDriverMobile.Visible = False
                Me.txtDriverMobile.Visible = False
                Me.ddlDriverMobileCode.Visible = False
                Me.pbDriverMobile.Visible = False
 
        End Select
     End Sub
End Class

The issue is that the call does not happen and the line 

Me.DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(Me.DropDownList1, Nothing)

Does not seem to work ?
What I get in the options value is a empty string ?

Any ideas
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
1 answer
150 views
I have the following RowSourceNeeded handler :

void gvEmployes_RowSourceNeeded(object sender, GridViewRowSourceNeededEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Template == gvtEmployeLogiciels)
    {
        using ( var repo = new EmployesRepository())
        {
            foreach (LogicielDTO l in repo.GetLogicielsOfEmploye((EmployeDTO)e.ParentRow.DataBoundItem))
            {
                GridViewRowInfo gridRow = e.Template.Rows.NewRow();
                gridRow.Cells["nom"].Value = l.nom;
                gridRow.Cells["nbLicense"].Value = l.nbLicense;
                e.SourceCollection.Add(gridRow);
            }
        }
    }
}

However, I want the objects to be bound instead of just filling in cells so that something like this would work :

void gvEmployes_UserDeletingRow(object sender, GridViewRowCancelEventArgs e)
{
    foreach (var row in e.Rows)
    {
        switch (row.DataBoundItem.GetType().Name) // This will error if you are deleting a LogicielDTO row.
        {
            case "EmployeDTO":
                MessageBox.Show("Deleteing " + ((EmployeDTO)row.DataBoundItem).nom);
                break;
            case "LogicielDTO":
                MessageBox.Show("Deleteing " + ((LogicielDTO)row.DataBoundItem).nom);
                break;
        }
    }
}

How can I acheive this?
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
1 answer
128 views
Hi,

I want to add 8 radio buttons , in tabular fashion in radribbon bar(Please check in attached image).
I have added a  RadRibbonbarGroup=>2 horizontal RadRibbonbarButtons(with vertical orientation).

As these buttons are placed in two separate ribbonBarbuttons,therefore I can select two radio buttons simultaneously , one from each ribbonbarButton.

Please let me know how to keep the group of radiobuttons same, although are placed in different radribbonbarButton group.

Thanks in Advance!
Anjali
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?