Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
159 views
Is there a seamless way to circumvent the RadRibbonBar start menu so the RadPageView can be invoked without ending up with dual menu's to simulate the Office '2010 environment?
In Outlook '2010 - the Backstage is immediately invoked when clicking the equivalent "start menu" button and the Page gets docked to the bottom of the RibbonTab strip. Trying to accomplish the same thing without first having the StartMenu display since it's redundant when using a "backstage" style approach unless I'm missing something.
Docking the RadPageView is not a problem and minimizing the RRB to just the toolstrip is not the problem - just trying to figure out how to to avoid the additional menu to invoke the RPV directly in BackStage mode
Using 12-Q2 with VS 2012 - VB.Net
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Oct 2012
4 answers
825 views
Hi,

We are currently implementing a control that lets a user specify a date range within our application.  This seems like an ideal use of two DateTimePicker controls (start and end date).

The problem is that we want the textbox element of this control to display the datetime in a way that does not seem to be supported by the general custom date format characters.

The company uses a format of YYYYWW (week-week) to represent it's dates and that's the preferred format any date input.

Is there any way to tell the text element to call one of our methods to convert the date from the calender control rather than the standard DateTime.ToString("custom format") method.

Thanks
JP
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2012
1 answer
180 views
Hello,
I'm new to the radGridView component and HtmlViewDefinition and I'm not sure about understanding it. I have to do something like this:

Inside a grid, display with load on demand a new table with this style:

+------------ +------------------------+---------------+------------+  
|  IMAGE   |     SIZE        |   39        |    40     |    Sizes created dinamycally
|               +------------------------------+---------+  
|               |    QUANTITY  | txtBox1   | txtbox2 |    ......txtBox to insert the quantity...............
+------------------------------------------------------+




In the other projects I've done, I created the template at the form load, and filled it when the rowSourceNeeded event was fired. 
But now, i have to create the template dinamycally, and with that style (with HtmlViewDefinition?). Is this possible? What are the steps to do? Any ideas, please!

Thank you!!

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2012
1 answer
134 views

Hello. I have an user control and i want to use it twice on same page. This is the UC.

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ImageManagerCtrl.ascx.cs"
    Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Application.Backend.Controls.ImageManagerCtrl" %>
<script type="text/javascript">
   
function cellSelected(sender, args) {
       
var mediaUrl = args.get_gridDataItem().getDataKeyValue("MediaUrl");
        document
.getElementById("<% =hdnMediaUrl.ClientID %>").value = mediaUrl;
   
}

   
function cellDeselected(sender, args) {
   
var mediaUrl = args.get_gridDataItem().getDataKeyValue("MediaUrl");
    document
.getElementById("<% =hdnMediaUrl.ClientID %>").value = '';
   
}
   
</script>
<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlMedia">
   
<asp:HiddenField runat="server" ID="hdnMediaUrl" ClientIDMode="Static" />
   
<asp:DropDownList ID="lstAlbums" runat="server" Width="100%" OnSelectedIndexChanged="lstAlbums_SelectedIndexChanged"
       
AutoPostBack="True" />
   
<br />
   
<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdPhotos" runat="server" GridLines="None" Skin="Sitefinity"
       
OnItemDataBound="grdPhotos_ItemDataBound">
       
<MasterTableView CssClass="listItems" AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyNames="Id, MediaUrl"
           
ClientDataKeyNames="Id, MediaUrl">
           
<Columns>
                          bla bla bla
           
</Columns>
       
</MasterTableView>
   
</telerik:RadGrid>
</asp:Panel>

And here is the page where i need.

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Edit.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Application.Backend.Affinia.Slides.Edit" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc" Src="../../Controls/ImageManagerCtrl.ascx" TagName="ImageManagerCtrl" %>
<asp:HiddenField ID="hdnItemId" runat="server" />
<fieldset class="sfNewContentForm agnesianContentForm">
   
<ul>
       
<li class="sfFormSeparator">
           
<uc:ImageManagerCtrl ID="imageManagerBackground" runat="server" />
       
</li>
       
<li class="sfFormSeparator">
           
<uc:ImageManagerCtrl ID="imageManagerForeground" runat="server" />
       
</li>
   
</ul>
</fieldset>  

I need in the second form the address for one image clicked in the first user control and one from the second user control. The address is stored in the hidden field and is returned with if(!string.IsNullOrEmpty(hdnMediaUrl.Value)) return hdnMediaUrl.Value; from code behind.

My problem is that only the second ImageManager works. The second one, when is clicked, run as the first one. I found that usint alert( "<%=this.ClientID%>"); in cellSelected function. Everytime it show foreground's user control id.

I tryed to change ClientIdMode, tryed everithing i know to do. Something interesting is that if i change the position of user controls, the second one is used too. Is like i have just one of them.

I spent hours trying to solve this problem and no help. 

Thanks for you help.


Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2012
1 answer
260 views
Hi
I use RadScrollablePanel in my app. In runtime add many buttons. In other list when user select name of button, RadScrollablePanel scroll to button. how can i do this? RadScrollablePanel is AutoScroll enabled.
I use this code too : 
Point btnpos = new Point(itemButton.Location.X,itemButton.Location.Y);
PanelOfEachGroup.VerticalScrollbar.PerformScrollTo(btnpos);

and:
PanelOfEachGroup.ScrollControlIntoView(btnpos);

btnpos is the button in RadScrollablePanel.
Thanks.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2012
0 answers
167 views

Hello All,

                I am using Sitefinity 5.1.

                I have a project with there is main site and also prepare separate Mobile site for different Smartphone and tablets.

                I have created rules and also I have set up that root of that Mobile site in this.

                Main site: www.mysite.com

                Mobile site: www.mysite.com/mobile                  

So when I have testing with smart phones and a tablet it takes to me with Mobile site
but the problem is when I have test with desktop or Notebook it redirect to me on mobile site. It should take to on Main site.

SO how can I do with this open default site like www.mysite.com  on desktop or Notebook and www.mysite.com/mobile on smart phones and tablets?

Its urgent please replays me ASAP.

Thanks In Advance!!!
Jignesh Gohil

Jignesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Oct 2012
1 answer
200 views
I have a grid containing a GridViewMaskBoxColumn.  I want the mask on the cell to change when I hit the F4 key with the cell editor active.  Unfortunately when I change the column's Mask in the RadMaskedEditBoxEditorElement's KeyUp event handler while the editor is open it doesn't have an immediate effect; I have to switch to a different cell before the new mask takes effect.  How do I get the mask change to take immediate effect in the editor?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2012
3 answers
298 views

Hi,

I'm writing a demo app that has a split container with a left panel that contains a tree, which is used for navigation, and a centre panel.
When a user selects a node on the tree the corresponding User Control is then displayed on the centre panel.

What I would like to do is add some animation to the User Control so that it slides in / out of the centre panel.
Is this possible?

I got this idea from your DemoHub App, but instead of using the RadPanorama control I would like to use the SplitContaining.

I suppose the overall goal is to produce a smooth loading of the UserControl, just now it's a bit jumpy, so if it was animated the overall experience might be improved.

Cheers

Shaun


Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2012
2 answers
645 views
Hello,

I am experimenting with your controls before we buy them and have a question. I have a class (for sake of demo I have simplified it) that I am binding to a RadListView via a binding list. Can I prevent the Badge column from appearing in the list view? The listview is actually used to display many different types of data so I would prefer a method that did not involve me manually hiding the column.

 Public Class Visitor
        Friend Sub New(name As String, arrival As Date, department As String, badge As Integer)
            _Name = name
            _ArrivalTime = arrival
            _Department = department
            _Badge = badge
        End Sub

        Private _Name As String
        Public ReadOnly Property Name As String
            Get
                Return _Name
            End Get
        End Property

        Private _ArrivalTime As Date
        Public ReadOnly Property ArrivalTime As Date
            Get
                Return _ArrivalTime
            End Get
        End Property

        Private _Department As String

        Public ReadOnly Property Department As String
            Get
                Return _Department
            End Get
        End Property

        Private _Badge As Integer
        Public ReadOnly Property Badge As Integer
            Get
                Return _Badge
            End Get
        End Property
    End Class

Thank You.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2012
5 answers
293 views
Have set HelpButton = True for the RadRibbonForm but unable to get the HelpButton to appear - what other settings need to be changed?(using 2012 Q2)
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?