Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
127 views
I have a scenario where when a user selects a row of a grid, I want to display a context menu giving them 2 options. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks a bunch

Helen
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
2 answers
533 views
Is there any way to use a radContextMenu with the WinForms NotifyIcon? I'd like to use the radMenus for my WinForms app, but I need the NotifyIcon functionality, and I can't see how to use rad Menus with it.

Thanks,

Helen
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
2 answers
223 views
Below is blocks of code I use to update a radprogressbar while exporting the data out of a radgridview to excel.  The issue I am having is I get the correct row counts and the progress updates fine if the list is filtered or unfiltered.  The issue I have is once you group the progress bar keeps resetting and starting over.  Any ideas how to get a consistant update to the progress bar with a grouped gridview.  (I appollogize if this is the wrong forum, but seems to me the issue is with getting the correct grouped row counts of the radgridview.

        private void exporter_ExcelCellFormatting(object sender, ExcelCellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.GridRowInfoType == typeof(GridViewDataRowInfo))
            {
                //update progress bar
                int position = (int)(100 * (double)e.GridRowIndex / (double)(GetVisibleRows(this.radGridView.ChildRows)));
                this.UpdateProgressBar(position);
                this.radProgressBar.IndicatorElement1.UpdateLayout();
            }
        }

        public long GetVisibleRows(GridViewChildRowCollection rows)
        {
            long i = 0;
            foreach (GridViewRowInfo row in rows)
            {
                if (row is GridViewGroupRowInfo)
                {
                    i += GetVisibleRows(row.ChildRows);
                    continue;
                }
                i += 1;
            }
            return i;
        }

        private void UpdateProgressBar(int value)
        {
            if (this.InvokeRequired)
            {
                this.Invoke(new EventHandler(delegate
                {
                    if (value < 100)
                    {
                        this.radProgressBar.Value1 = value;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        this.radProgressBar.Value1 = 100;
                    }
                }));
            }
            else
            {
                if (value < 100)
                {
                    this.radProgressBar.Value1 = value;
                }
                else
                {
                    this.radProgressBar.Value1 = 100;
                }
            }
        }
Thanks

Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
3 answers
379 views
I've dynamically added a RadSpinElement to my RadRibbonBar and I'd like to make it so that the MouseWheel scrolling does not affect the value in the textbox. I'd like the user to have to either hold down the up/down arrow or type in a value.

Is there an event or property I can use to achieve this?
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
3 answers
702 views
how can i avoid DateTimePicker crashing?
when I set DateTimePicker to minimum value of 01.01.0001 (ex. when you set it to Null value) and then open calendar (positioned at 01.01.0001) and move a month (or a year) earlier - application crashes.

when it's a simple DateTimePicker i can set a minimum value and a null value to secure the situation.
but when DateTimePicker is a part of RadGridView column type of DateTime, i have no ability of setting values of Minimum or Null for it. 

do you have any solutions for this situation?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
7 answers
1.7K+ views
Hello:
I have a problem when i set the property FormBorderStile = None.
The problem is because the size of the form change.
For example i set the size on (400,300), save and close the form; when i open the form, its size have been changed.
what's the solution for it?

thanks.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
6 answers
413 views
Hi
I've been spending a long time now trying to fix this problem. I cannot figure out why it is happening and I cannot fid a way to fix it at all.
What is happening is all the listbox elements are being fixed within the scrolling div. So the page content scrolls but the listboxes stay put, floating above the rest of the content. It only does it in IE7 and below. Also, the Drag-Drop boxes stack instead of being side by side.

The code resembles this:

        <div class="field">  
            <div class="label"><asp:Label ID="lblSubRecOrg" runat="server" Text="Sub Receiving Organisation"></asp:Label></div>  
            <div class="tbindent">  
                <telerik:RadListBox ID="lstSubOwnOrg" Height="100px" Width="200px" SelectionMode="Multiple" runat="server"    
                    AllowTransfer="true" TransferToID="lstSubOrgDragDrop" EnableDragAndDrop="true" AutoPostBackOnReorder="true" Skin="EetsaSkin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">  
                </telerik:RadListBox> 
                <telerik:RadListBox ID="lstSubOrgDragDrop" Height="100px" Width="200px" runat="server"   
                    AllowReorder="true" EnableDragAndDrop="false" AllowTransfer="false" Skin="EetsaSkin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">  
                </telerik:RadListBox> 
            </div> 
        </div> 

The theme is a slightly modified "Vista" theme; the only modifications to the theme so far have been color changes.

The listboxes are inside a div with the stlyes height set and overflow to auto. This creates the div in which the listboxes are stuck and floating over. That div is within another that does scroll normally so the listbox issue is related to that div only. I have tried changing with !important the postion and display settings as well as wrapping the listboxes in another div again. Nothing works. Of note, the .tbindent div they are in doesn't move, but the .radlistbox one created does. So they are jumping out for some reason. I put a new wrapping div around them, immediatly within the .tbindent, and that new wrapping div jumped out of the .tbindent div as well. So what reverse css inheritance is happening here?

 Why are they stacking instead of being next to each other? Why are they floating and not scrolling with the rest of the div? Why are all the listboxes doing it and no other controls? 
 
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2012
2 answers
178 views
Hi

We have a self referencing hierarchical grid that contains rows with multiple parents.  For example, if I denote '->' as 'is a parent of', then we have:
A -> B -> C
A -> D -> C

Note that C is a repeated row in the GridData.

Now C also has child rows, ie.:
C -> D
C -> E

The RadGrid correctly displays the children of C under each occurrence of C (even though nodes D & E are not repeated in the GridData).  The grid (correctly again), treats each occurrence of D and E as the same (i.e. references to 1 object and not copies of it).

The problem appears when I set D or E to IsCurrent (i.e. dataCell.RowInfo.IsCurrent = true; where D or E is contained in the dataCell).  Both rows get highlighted which is great, however, when the user double-clicks on the cell to edit it, the edit box appears on the first occurrence, even if they double-click on the 2nd or other occurrences.  Additionally, once edited only the first occurrence (where the edit box appears) changes it's value on the screen.

So how do I:
1. Make the edit box appear on the row that the user double-clicked on?
2. Update all occurrences of the same record on the screen?

Thanks

Clinton Smyth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
1 answer
128 views
Hi guys,

     need help in removing the right border of a cell to look like the following cell is merge to first cell. sample code is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
2 answers
182 views
I am trying to implement custom grouping and can't get it working when i group on more than one level. Can you provide an example on how this ca be done.
Lars
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Oct 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?