Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
139 views
When I set the ruler to a shorter time period I get a strange block at the bottom of the scheduler.

This would not be an issue, if just for the fact that you can right click in this section and add an appointment?

This should be hidden or removed or not have the context menu show 

Any help would be appreaciated
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2012
2 answers
259 views
I have a screen with a radgridview that is bound.  I am looking for a way to allow the user to click a row drag to a new location in the grid and drop and then save the order back to the sql tables.  I have a field in the table called PrintOrder that will contain the order that is displayed on the screen.  I have read some of the post about how unbound it works and some of the work arounds for bound items.  In the grid I allow the users to group, reorder columns, hide and show columns.  Would it be better to load the grid unbound, or is there a way around the bound issue.  I have seen the code with the PreviewDragDrop and set the e.Handled to true, but not sure how to drop the row in the location.  I can get it to look like you can drag and drop but when droped nothing happens.
void TestingItemView_PreviewDragDrop(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.RadDropEventArgs e)
{
    e.Handled = true;
}

after the handle how do I drop.  I assume the besthing to do would be to loop throught the grid and update the table with the new order.

Eric Klein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
4 answers
651 views
I've already read this post:  http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/forms-and-dialogs/transparent-background-for-rad-shapedform.aspx   It is close, but not quite what I need.

How do we use a PNG file with tranparency to make a truly transparent form?  Any time I try this, truly empty areas in the PNG work fine, but partially transparent areas (like shadows) are underlayed with the "transparent" color.

I've attached three images:
- Screenshot of the intended effect.  (The welcome/splash screen from Visual Studio.)
- Screenshot of setting the shaped form control background and transparent color to blue with my transparent PNG as the background.
- The form background image I am using to test.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Brad
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
1 answer
155 views

 

A regular grid like query data from DataTable and binding directly
Since the binding , at run-time
I want to specify the row and column possible?

I want like this.

DataTable                                       pivot grid                                       
col1      col2    col3        =====>      col1     col2     col3        
==============                         ================
a            c          d                              a           c          d
a            c          d                              a           c          d
a            c          d                              a           c          d
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
5 answers
453 views
I'm trying to implement a basic CRUD form using the GridView. I am using EF to populate the grid. I need to set some default values and found this link which shows using the DefaultValuesNeeded event. When I attempt to use this I get a NullReferenceException. 

I'm obviously missing something here, but I'm not sure what.

Are there any examples that show:

  • Binding to records retrieved from EF
  • Setting default values when adding new records
  • Where to hook in saving changes when a record is added/updated/deleted 
  • Displaying validation errors

Here's my currently working code for viewing the records:

var context = new FlockWatchEntities();
var forecast = context.ForecastMSTs.Where(i => i.Type ==
"F").OrderBy(i => i.chrDesc);
grdForecast.DataSource = forecast;

And this is what the code in the DefaultValuesNeeded event looks like:

private void grdForecast_DefaultValuesNeeded(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowEventArgs e)
{
       e.Row.Cells[
"dtmEntered"].Value = DateTime.Now;
       e.Row.Cells[
"chrEnteredBy"].Value = System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name;
}




Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
10 answers
312 views
Hi,
We are saving RadGridView layout in XML files successfully but however we are not able to save "SummaryRowGroupHeader" data in xml file. Can anyone help us to solve this issue?
Thanks
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
4 answers
164 views
Hello, 

I have a problem with the RadScheduler.

i need to refresh the RadScheduler from the database and when trying to use the method  DataBind gives the following error: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

I appreciate any help.

thanks.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
4 answers
187 views
Hello all,

I am trying to add a theme to a rich text box but only "reset" and "control default" are the presented options.
Actually what I'm trying to achieve is a border around the rich text box exactly the same as the text box,
which I thought the theme would allow in some cases.

I'm using Q3-2012 and have tried in both VS2010 and VS2012 - all with the same results.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Terry



Terry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
6 answers
261 views
Hi all,

Is it possible to make a column invisible in the conditional formatting dialog. We have some primary key fields which are hidden (IsVisible = False + IsVisibleInColumnChooser = False), but still i see the columns in the conditional formatting dialog.

Any ideas?

Maarten
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
1 answer
308 views
Hello,

I am having difficulty figuring out how to set the x-position of line data points in a windows forms chart.  I am trying to create a chart with multiple lines of data that do not all start from the beginning of the x-axis or have regularly spaced intervals between the data points.  Pretty much I want to be able to set the x-y position of each data point like a scatter plot.  I see a "scatter line chart" for asp.net which seems to do what I am looking for, but I can't seem to find anything similar for windows forms. 

Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?