Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
7 answers
417 views
Hi,
I want to validate the user input on the focus lost event of the radcomboBox. How can I achieve this?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2012
2 answers
138 views
In the Visual Style Builder there is no text primitive or image primitive elements to change settings on a RadButton.  Please let me when this will be fixed or if there is something I am doing wrong.  
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2012
5 answers
407 views
Hi,

I'm trying to drag a radtreeview node into a radtextbox. I just want the information stored in the node "ToolTipText" to be displayed in the radtextbox.I did the following:
1. Set radtreeview AllowDragDrop to true
2. Set readtxtbox AllowDrop to true
3. In order to block radtreeview nodes to be moved in the tree I implemented a "DragEnding" event:
private void treeview_DragEnding(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeViewDragCancelEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}

 

4. I also implemented a "ItemDrag":

private void treeview_ItemDrag(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeViewEventArgs e)
{
    DoDragDrop(e.Node, DragDropEffects.Copy);
}

5. In the radtextbox I implementeded the following "DragEnter" event:

private void textbox_DragEnter(object sender, DragEventArgs e)
{
    IDataObject dataObject = e.Data;
    if (dataObject == null)
        e.Effect = DragDropEffects.None;
    else
    {
        Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode Node = dataObject.GetData(typeof(Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode)) as Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode;
        if (Node != null)
            e.Effect = e.AllowedEffect;
        else
            e.Effect = DragDropEffects.None;
    }
}

6. I also implemented the "DragDrop"event for the textbox:

private void textbox_DragDrop(object sender, DragEventArgs e)
{
    IDataObject dataObject = e.Data;
    if (dataObject != null)
    {
            Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode Node = dataObject.GetData(typeof(Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode)) as Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeNode;
            if (Node != null)
                textbox.Text = textbox.Text.Insert(textbox.SelectionStart, "Ok");
    }
}

the problem is that the opration is not working. When I move a node over the radtextbox the program frozes. I used the VS "debug | break all" menu option and the stack has a lot of "_ItemDrag" event calls.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Francisco


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2012
1 answer
174 views
Hi all,

How can I check if an appointment intersects with an other appointment?

I'm using the radscheduler for a planning tool. I'm using recurring appointments to determent the work scheduler for the employees. 
But I can't figure out how to check if the appointments intersects with the recurrencerule of the appointments.

Edit
I also would like to know how I can add an appointment for every resource. This specifically for the holydays (Christmas for instance)

greetings

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2012
4 answers
260 views
Hi Telerik Team, In Radcontrols for WPF and for Silverlight there is a Dataform control. Is there something similiar in Radcontrols for Winforms as there is a Formcontrol? Is there a sample available? Or do I have to create the control or form myself? Thank you. Kind regards, Joerg
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2012
1 answer
120 views
I have a gridview cell that contains either 1 or 2 but that is not what I want displayed in the cell. I want a letter displayed lets say "X" or "Y". I have looked at the different cell formatting methods but they are all color or font based and not a substitution of value.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Richard
richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2012
1 answer
106 views
Is there anyway to hide the circular points on line series so that it is a smooth line?
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2012
5 answers
233 views
Hi,
    I have a comboBoxcolumn displaying the value based on other column. Say for example the possible values in other column are "Color" and "Fruits". When a cell in the comboBoxcolumn is edited then the values displayed in the list should be based on the value in the other column. If the value in the other column is "Color" then the cell being edited in the comboBoxcolumn should display the list of colors alone. Similarly when the value in the other column is "Fruits" then the cell being edited in the comboBoxcolumn should display the list of fruits alone.

How can the datasource be assigned at the ComboBoxcell level?

Thanks in advance.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2012
3 answers
322 views
Hi

I have been having a lot of trouble get RadGridView to work in virtual mode. If the RowCount is set to a large number it makes the scrolling very choppy and slow to respond. It can take up to 5 seconds for the grid to show the row data after the scroll bar is moved. I have created a test program to strip out all my code and it proves the problem is with the grid. There seems to be a lot of overhead somewhere. Don't know why the RowCount should affect performance if this is truly a virtual mode and I provide the data in CellValueNeeded then you should not be doing much. By the way, tried my code with DataGridView and it works really fast and can handle the row count being updated continuously and autoscrolling to bottom. I would expect the example program below to be incredibly fast - am I missing something?

namespace RadControlsWinFormsApp1
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{
public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();


radGridView1.VirtualMode = true;
radGridView1.RowCount = 1000000;
radGridView1.ColumnCount=5;


}


private void radGridView1_CellValueNeeded( object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellValueEventArgs e )
{
e.Value = string.Format( "{0}:{1}", e.RowIndex, e.ColumnIndex );
}
}
}
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2012
1 answer
945 views
Hey,  I have a gridview where, i am binding it as follows ::
grdView.DataSource = dsNames;
The datasource 'dsNames' has 10 columns and, I want to only show 2 columns in the grid. how do i do that?

Also, i tried adding the 2 required columns in the designer and set the auto generatecolumns to false. If i do it this way, no data is displayed. 

Please let me know how to do binding.

Thanks,
Sri
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?