Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
112 views
Hi again
Here is another issue with RTL
With a Dock and some forms that added as documents to that, in RTL it`s expected to see the right-top location of each forms in QuickNavigator, but instead it`s showing the lef-top location of each document in preview as snapshot.
I couldn`t find any property to set it to show custom region of a document.

what`s the solution
thanks
nasser
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
6 answers
156 views
Hi all,

I want to highlight row based on text entered in the textbox. Basically I load data from database and show it on the grid with self reference hierarchy relation. Initially grid is collapsed to first level (I have more than 5 sub levels). How do I do that?

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
2 answers
388 views
I have been evaluating the Winforms SDK and I am stuck implementing  a grid with  a large changing dataset that I want to display in real-time. If I implement my own IBinding list and set it to the grid's data source is that advisable or should I use virtual mode. I don't know how to implement virtual mode in terms of database changes being realized by the grid (ie. add, delete, modify, insert records). I can't seem to find any information on this relating to notifying the grid that a row has been inserted, deleted etc. I also want the screen painting to be minimized and the currently selected row not to change while data is being updated (unless of course a delete cause the data view to scroll up)
Thanks

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
3 answers
205 views
Hi everyone

I am trying to get today with a simple method from datetimepicker. I am open to suggestions :) My current workaround is to add an event handler for double clicking the datetimepickers and setting their values to today inside the handler. But inorder to deploy this method i had to write a double click event handler to all the datetimepickers in the program. I saw in another datetimepicker control (from another component provider) a small today button located on the middle bottom of the drop down calendar which does the job of taking you quickly to today...

Any suggestions ....

Best regards

Okan Sokmen
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
1 answer
485 views
I need to have a context menu on a gridview whereby the user can select multiple rows on the gridview and right-clicked on it then the user can change the Status of the row via the iCommand.

<telerik:RadGridView Name="rcGridView" Grid.Row="0" Margin="15" ItemsSource="{Binding Users, NotifyOnSourceUpdated=True,  
UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged, Mode=TwoWay}" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ClipToBounds="False"  
SelectionMode="Extended" VerticalAlignment="Stretch"   telerik:StyleManager.Theme="Summer" RowHeight="20"  
RowIndicatorVisibility="Collapsed" CanUserInsertRows="False"  CanUserDeleteRows="False"  HorizontalAlignment="Left"  
FontSize="11"  ClipboardCopyMode="All" ClipboardPasteMode="AllSelectedCells,Default"  SelectionUnit="FullRow" CanUserFreezeColumns="False">     
  <telerik:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>         
    <telerik:RadContextMenu>             
        <telerik:RadContextMenu.Items>                 
            <telerik:RadMenuItem Header="Approve" Command="{Binding UpdateSourceTrigger=Default, NotifyOnSourceUpdated=True,  
                    RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type telerik:RadContextMenu}},Path=DataContext.StatChgtoApproveCommand}"  
                    CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=rcGridView, Path=SelectedItems}"  />                 
            <telerik:RadMenuItem Header="Hold" Command="{Binding UpdateSourceTrigger=Default, NotifyOnSourceUpdated=True,  
                    RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type telerik:RadContextMenu}},Path=DataContext.StatChgtoHoldCommand}"
                    CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=rcGridView, Path=SelectedItems}"  />
            <telerik:RadMenuItem Header="Reject" Command="{Binding UpdateSourceTrigger=Default, NotifyOnSourceUpdated=True,  
                    RelativeSource={RelativeSource FindAncestor, AncestorType={x:Type telerik:RadContextMenu}},Path=DataContext.StatChgtoRejectCommand}"
                    CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=rcGridView, Path=SelectedItems}" />  
        </
telerik:RadContextMenu.Items>         
    </telerik:RadContextMenu>     
 </telerik:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>     
 <telerik:RadGridView.Columns> 
    <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="ID" DataMemberBinding="{Binding ID}" />         
    <telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Name" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Name}" />
    <
telerik:GridViewDataColumn Header="Status" 
DataMemberBinding="{Binding Status}" />     
 </telerik:RadGridView.Columns>
</
telerik:RadGridView>

Unfortunately, when the user click on the item context menu the command will trigger an iCommand and CommanParameter is null. The CommandParameter should be the multiple selected rows on the gridview. Is there a way to make this work?
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
2 answers
149 views
Hi
we are using 2011 Q2 gridview for winforms. We need to know how can get typed text in a cell inside gridviewcomboboxcolumn. If I try to get text typed when cell value before is something the text i get is always previous text, and if we try to get text typed when dropdown value is nothing always get blank text not typed text.

Thanks in advance.
Jesus
jprian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
2 answers
340 views
Hello!
I've followed ILMerge Telerik assemblies with the application executable.
Now i have merged application: MergedGeneratorXSD.exe.
When i'm trying to execute it - it cause's runtime error:

EventType: clr20r3  P1:MergedGeneratorXSD.exe P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 4e495182 P4: mscorlib P5 2.0.0.0 P6 4889dc80 P7:f6
P8: 80 P9: systemtypeloadexception

Sorry for my bad English :)
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2011
1 answer
156 views
(C#)
When using a GridViewComboBoxColumn is it possible to set the Tag attribute on the cell item who's value comes from the grid combo box.

So I can call:
gridView1.CurrentRow.Cells["ColumnName"].Tag

I understand this would probably have something to do with the GridViewComboBoxColumn DataSource and what it is passed.

For Example
I have two GridViewComboBoxColumns in my GridView, call them "suppliers" and "products".
These items get populated from a database where each has a GUID and a Name.
I would like the Name to show in the grid combobox item for each column and the GUID to be assigned to the grid combo box item tag (or some other place).
When the user changes the "supplier" in any row, I would like to fetch the list of products from the database by searching for the supplier GUID.
Currently it seems all I can get back is the string name. I can see the gridView1.CurrentRow.Cells["ColumnName"].Tag however it is null

Any help would be appreciated, and if you need more info or something to be clearer please ask.

Thanks In advance
Tom.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2011
2 answers
203 views
Hallo!

Please, help!
How to shift or move existed appointment pragmatically.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2011
1 answer
168 views
Hello Telerik Members,

I have done "A Lot" of searching the net to figure out the best way to Update my datasource or database without User interaction. I was very surprised when i did not see a "AppointmentCreated" event for RadScheduler .... Not sure why this was never an event.
Anyways, I have spent some time to try to give you guys a little more flexibility in the events that happen at runtime.

Also, was unable to find answers to how to assign each resource a color with a databound Scheduler. I was able to get this working as well. I will provide the code for this while here. Hopefully Telerik admins will see this and make it in the code library or sticky this thread ?

Anyways, here you go:

Custom Event Handling:
Imports System.Collections.Generic
Imports System.ComponentModel
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Drawing
Imports System.Linq
Imports System.Text
Imports Telerik.WinControls.UI
Imports Telerik.WinControls.Data

' EVENT HANDLER FOR APPOINTMENTS COLLECTION CHANGED CALLS FUNCTION
' Appointments_CollectionChanged()
' CAN ADD THIS TO THE FORM_LOAD EVENT
AddHandler RadScheduler1.Appointments.CollectionChanged,
AddressOf
Appointments_CollectionChanged
 
'Appointments_CollectionChanged()
Private Function Appointments_CollectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs) As String
' WILL PASS A ACTION TO CollectionChangedCompleted()
' DEPENDING ON THE ACTION PERFORMED AT RUNTIME
        Select Case e.Action
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Add
                CollectionChangedCompleted("Add")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Batch
                CollectionChangedCompleted("Batch")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.ItemChanged
                CollectionChangedCompleted("ItemChanged")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.ItemChanging
                CollectionChangedCompleted("ItemChanging")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Move
                CollectionChangedCompleted("Move")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Remove
                CollectionChangedCompleted("Remove")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Replace
                CollectionChangedCompleted("Replace")
            Case NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Reset
                CollectionChangedCompleted("Reset")
        End Select
 
        Return String.Empty
End Function
 
' CollectionChangedCompleted()
' THIS FUNCTION CHECKS TO MAKE SURE THE RadScheduler APPOINTMENTS
' WHERE UPDATED
Private Function CollectionChangedCompleted(ByVal action As String) As Boolean
        If RadScheduler1.Appointments.IsUpdated Then
            ' FORWARD THE ACTION TO performAction()
                 ' FOR PROCESSING CUSTOM OPERATIONS
            performAction(action)
            Return True
        Else
            Return False
        End If
 
        Return False
End Function
 
' performAction()
Private Function performAction(ByVal action As String) As Boolean
        Select Case action
            Case "Add"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
                ' ie: updating your datasource/database
                ' WITH OUT THE NEED FOR A "SAVE/UPDATE" BUTTON
                ' AUTOMATED UPDATING :)
 
            Case "Batch"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
            Case "ItemChanged"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
            Case "ItemChanging"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
            Case "Move"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
            Case "Remove"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
            Case "Replace"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
            Case "Reset"
                'DO CUSTOM OPERATIONS
 
        End Select
End Function


And the Resources Color Code:
' CALL TO APPLY COLORS TO RESOURCES!!!!
Private Sub applyResourceColors()
        Dim colors() As Color = {Color.LightPink, Color.LightBlue, Color.LightCyan, Color.LightGreen, Color.LightSalmon, Color.LightYellow, Color.LightCoral}
        Dim i As Integer = 0
 
        For Each res As Resource In RadScheduler1.Resources
            res.Color = colors(i)
 
            ' TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T GO OUT OF RANGE FOR THE COLORS() ARRAY
            ' IF WE REACH OUR ZERO BASED INDEX COUNT ON COLORS ARRAY WE RESET i TO 0
            ' ALLOWING IT TO REPEAT THE COLORS
            Dim colorsCount As Integer = colors.Count
 
            If Not i = colorsCount Then
                i += 1
            Else
                i = 0
            End If
 
        Next
End Sub
[UPDATE] - I have noticed that for whatever reason that resource colors get reset after data updating ... not sure why yet but I have contacted Rob Shoemate on his blog about resource grouping to try and see if there is a better way of doing this! If I get any updates i will edit this post so that all can learn from it!

You can follow this blog for responses from Rob here

Hope this helps some of you!

Will continue to contribute when possible!

Thanks,
Mike
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?