Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
6 answers
676 views
Hi

I would like to delete some rows on condition.
My Grid don't use database and is filled by code

So I want to delete all row where column named "ColA" = "b"

I work with VB...
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
188 views
Hi
Try this.
DropDownList.AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAndAppend
Then Bind it to a datasource.
so now open the popup of DropDownList, and NOW start writing (for testing the autocomplete).
you will see that popup still is open and autocomplete list will open too,
It`s easy to close the popup in code to shown only suggestion list, but if it`s a bug I think it`s better you to fix that up in newx releases
I think it`s unwanted to have both openned at the same time

thank you
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
5 answers
271 views
Does anybody have the same problem with the Office 2010 Blue theme?
The position of the radRibbonBar.RibbonBarElement.ApplicationButtonElement is 2 pixels to low.
I am not sure if this behavior was also present in Q1 2011.
I have tried to correct it programtically by shifting the Location property, but it doesn't help.
Is there any solution without definining a custom theme?
Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
11 answers
518 views
How can I put a button to print the content of a radgridview with a telerik report ?
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2011
1 answer
296 views
I want to customize the size and color of TabStrip on pageview. I can change content area element color and view strip element color using Edit UI Elements. But not tab's color and size. Please help. 

Thanks,

Nova 
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2011
1 answer
216 views
I have the following problem. 
There is a table "Account" having following properties.
Number -> prim key
ParentNumber
Name
Description
isParent -> flag indicating if parent

I'm trying to bind this table with the radtreeview. Using the code:

  RadTreeView treeView = this.mView.AccountTreeView;
           
            treeView.DisplayMember = "Name";
            treeView.ParentMember = "ParentNumber";
            treeView.ChildMember = "Number";
            treeView.DataSource = this.mDataSet.Account;
           
            treeView.ExpandAll();
This works well and I have the treehierarchy (self referencing), but I would like to customize the displayMember, that not only the name is showned 
but the combination between the name and number. For example
Name = justname
Number=112222
What I need are the nodes looking like this 
node -> 22222||justname
As you can see it is not just the merging these two fields but also cutting of the first two digits from the number
Another case:
Name = nameTwo
Number=335678
node -> 5678||nameTwo
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2011
1 answer
124 views
Hi.

I want to fill a form with data from a GridView on my main form, this form is brought up when i click on an item in a context menu. Using the standard data grid view in supplied by MS in Visual Studio 2010 my code looks something like this.
Private Sub EditToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles EditToolStripMenuItem.Click
 
       Dim frm As New frmAddEdit
       frm.GUID_User = Me.dgvUsers.Item(0, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.GUID_Group = Me.dgvUsers.Item(1, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtADName.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(2, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtUserName.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(3, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtEmail.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(4, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtLogin.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(5, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtPassword.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(6, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtTelNo.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(7, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtFax.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(8, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.cbActive.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(9, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
       frm.GUID_Company = Me.dgvUsers.Item(10, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.cbLead.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(11, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
       frm.cbSplit.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(12, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
       frm.cbTelesales.Checked = IIf(Me.dgvUsers.Item(13, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString() = "True", True, False)
       frm.cboOffice.SelectedValue = Me.dgvUsers.Item(14, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.txtAddress.Text = Me.dgvUsers.Item(15, Me.dgvUsers.SelectedCells(0).RowIndex).Value.ToString()
       frm.Text = "Edit User"
       frm.ShowDialog()
 
   End Sub

Now this works fine with the standard DataGridView but the Telerik GridView says that 'RowIndex' is not a member of 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCellInfo'. 
My Question is: How can I get the same effect using the Telerik GridView and what is the Correct syntax for this then.

Also please bear in mind that I am new to the programming game and I am learning as I go along any and all help would be much appreciated. 
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2011
2 answers
160 views
i have not yet implemented the recurring appointment logic in my app, and i was curious if there was a way to remove just the options int he right click context menu that refer to "Recurring" functions ?
Chad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2011
1 answer
167 views
Hello,

I am new here, currently I am working on a project, and I have to make a scheduler. But I can't get any further, because I can't click at appointments to edit them or maybe delete them. Instead of opening a popup I am selecting the appointment.

To enter the appointments I have to click at 'free time' first. When I clicked on that, and cancel it I can click on my appointments again. Is there someone who can help me with this?

Sander.

Edit: I fixed it, I placed the Radscheduler1.appointments.clear at the wrong place :-)
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
2 answers
130 views
It sounds like at ...

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/gridview/radgridview-virtual-mode-filtering-grouping-sorting.aspx#1765552

... there is a way to be able to do grouping with the treeview-like look as in data bound mode but for virtual mode. The solution seemed as though it has been communicated privately for one developer instead of for everyone that maybe needing the solution. I wonder what the reasoning might have been for doing so. In any case, I am facing such a problem and looking for some guidance. Specifically, I am looking for the API to be able to render treeview in the grid as well as any example code snippet. 

Regards,
Ed
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?