Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
6 answers
337 views
Hello,

I'm using your 

 

Telerik.WinControls.UI dll version 2011.3.11.1219

 
and working with RadGridView  object.
I have a RadGridView which contains a large possible values. (0-200000)
Right now the user can type the requested value inside a cell and than press ENTER.
The problem is that if I stand on a cell I can type a number but there is no visual feedback to the user that the cell is in edit mode.
I would like to mark (select) the current text on the cell when it's in EDIT mode (when user is typing and havn't pressed ENTER to end the editing, which means- found the number he wanted).
I tried to look for a property which will mark the text in the cell but found nothing...

dataGridViewSelectedValues.Rows[e.RowIndex]. -> No appropriate property!!








    


Another question would be- where do I marking the text- inside

CellClick event or inside CellBeginEdit event ?

 














I'm attaching an image file that will demonstrate how my RadGridView is looking.
The lower image is how it looks when the user is typing 12 and the focus is still in the cell- there is no clue that we are in an EDIT mode.









Thanks,
Hila.

 

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
1 answer
189 views
Hi,
I'm working with a radScheduler (2011 Q3) in MonthView. The FirstDayOfWeek is set to Saturday and right-to-left is true, so the days of week are displayed in this order:
Friday-Thursday-Wednesday-Tuesday-Monday-Sunday-Saturday
The problem is when appointments in one day are more than a few, vertical scrollbar for that week is shown at the right side of Friday. So I have scrollbars in the middle of my scheduler, like this:
Friday|Scrollbar|-Thursday-Wednesday- ...
How can I put that scrollbar at the right side of Saturday, or at the left side of Friday?

Thanks again for the great products.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
1 answer
225 views
1 answer
66 views
your product (RadTimePicker) is not suitable . it doesnt have custom format
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
1 answer
185 views
Hi,

I have project in which I have hierarchical data to show. It's basically device controlling project in which multiple first layer parent device which has multiple child device/second layer parent (which again has multiple child / next layer parent so on). I want to display this hierarchical data on my home page which can collapse/expand every parent. Along with the display I want to add more item to every parent (like checkbox in parent header to select/deselect all child of that parent).

The Listview is showing this kind of data but up to one layer only and it not allow me to add other control to header. Can anyone suggest how can I accomplish this?

I want to display data like below:

Parent Header (with some more control like checkbox)
    child1     child2    child3   child4    child5 - horizontally align (all child has checkbox to select/deselect and Small icon image)
    Second layer parent (with some more control like checkbox)
         child1   child2    child3   child4 - same as above
Parent Header
    Multiple Childs
    Second Layer Parent
         Multiple Childs


Thnaks,
Ron
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
8 answers
1.1K+ views
I need to create a time sheet and was wondering if the RadGridView supported a header like I have in the attached file.   Implementing the actual data part of the grid is easy to do,  what I need help with is creating the day headers.


Thanks,

Jason
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
17 answers
959 views
I just upgraded from 2009Q1 (2009.1.9.414) to 2009Q2 (2009.2.9.729) and noticed that files exported by the ExportToExcelML.RunExport Method:

1. Are now of Type ".Xls" vs. ".XML".  Is there some detailed list of changes for each I can review / search through to see how my code will be impacted?

2. Now generate a "The file you are trying to open, '<FileName>.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension.  Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file.  Do you want to open the file now?" where it didn't generate any message before.  Selecting "Yes" appears to allow it to open the the file correctly.

Telerik 2009Q2 (2009.2.9.729), VS 2005 (v8.0.50727.762 SP.050727-7600), XP SP3 on Core2Duo 2.99GHZ with 3GB.


Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
1 answer
164 views
I have a chart and Im trying to set min and max values with the

 

 
radChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AddRange() function

for my numbers for the Min and Max are (-+)1.1E38.  When I try to give the function a number for the step I get an overflow error.  What do I need to do so that I can have a reasonable number for the step that doesnt include the many number inbetween these to Min and Max values?  Is there a max number allowed when using the Chart?

thanks

Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
3 answers
213 views
Hi,

The Visual Style Builder is a great tool.  Unfortunately it has many issues and results in many hours of "fiddling", testing and repeat, to get a control to appear properly (based on what is desired).  Complicated controls like GridView require a lot of patience.  This is especially true when upgrading to a new release.  New controls are created, old controls obsoleted, and properties and values change.

IT makes perfect sense that the tools would not be the top priority and I am ready to just start editing the xml files.

So, I am wondering if there is a document that lists the elements, and attributes in the control and repository xml files.  Some are self explanatory, but others are not.  For example the XmlRepositoryItem Capacity key.  At first I thought it meant the maximum, number of elements that can be defined for the Item Type, but then I saw different values for the same Item Type.

What would really be nice is, if there is a fairly simple way to determine all of the properties and Visual States for a control.

This may already exist and I just haven't found it.

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2012
0 answers
181 views
Hi
how i can get date from radSchedulerNavigator when click buttonDayView?
Farshid
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?