Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
175 views
I am trying to disable timeline completely from showing to user in Dayview and weekly view. Please help.

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
1 answer
260 views
Hi all,

I would like to Ignore the timezone settings on the computer and in the RadScheduler. I know how to disable the drop down in the scheduler navigator. But I cant figure out how to disable time zone settings. For some kind of weird reason the scheduler ignores my default time zone (Windows settings). When I run the same program on an other computer it seems to work fine. When I change my timezone the settings, the scheduler keeps using other timezone settings. 

Well I don't need timezone support. I just want the times in my database to be used as appointment times, and ignore all timezone settings.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

Greetings
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
3 answers
94 views
Hi
when show RadAlarmForm RightToLeft isnt correct. 

How i can RightToLeft RadAlarmForm when Shown Appointment alarm ?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
1 answer
193 views
Hi
   I am developing an application (desktop based ) where I wanted to use telerik component for notifiication icon messages. however the main concern is that telerik.dll should not be added in the project as reference but if it is found in installed folder at runtime then it should load using reflection and then add control at runtime and use it. if telerik.dll is not in the installed folder then regular process will go on and simple windows based notification will be used which is currently working.

so my question is , can we use telerik windows component without adding reference like i explained above, if yes then any idea's how ?

Best Regards
Rizwan Bashir
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
3 answers
306 views

When my application starts data is loaded into a treeview. The user then typically expands parts of the treeview, and then reloads the data to see if something new has appeared. I would like the expanded nodes to stay expanded after the reload.

I've tried to use radtreeview. SaveXML(filename) and radtreeview.LoadXML(filename), and it works fine. But I don't want to read and write from a file, so I would like to use radtreeview.Save/LoadXML(stream) instead, but I can't figure out how to do it.

It would be great if someone could share code which helps me accomplish this.

Thank you very much!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
1 answer
157 views
Is there a way to keep a footer visible when a group is collapsed in a gridview on a winform?  I have seen a few posts on how to do it in ASP.net but nothing on the winform side.
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
8 answers
238 views
Hi, using the sample provided on the link GridView, formatting cells I'm trying to dinamically change cells foreground.

The color is changed indeed but then I'm having a big problem. When I scroll the grid, either horizontally or vertically, diferent cells, other than the one I changed, change also their foreground color to the one I'm using. Same problem with the background color of the cell.

Here is a code snippet showing the funcionality I'm trying to achieve, very similar to the sample provided on the link.

Select Case e.Column.Name
    Case "TestID"
       Select Case e.Row.Cells("Status").Value
            Case 1
                e.CellElement.ForeColor = Color.Green
            Case Else
                e.CellElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.ForeColorProperty, Telerik.WinControls.ValueResetFlags.Local)
    End Select
End Select
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
7 answers
558 views
I was wondering if there is any way that I would be able to manipulate the background of the scheduler screen for each time block under each resource.
I would like to have two primary colors, smiler to the working time that is currently in place but instead of one time range of 7 - 5 across all resources I would like for each resource to have its own multiple time range.

for example:

          |  Resource  1  |   Resource  2  |
4am   |                       |                         |
          |       blue         |         blue         |
5am   |                       |  ___________ |
          |                       |                         |
6am   |                       |                         |
          |___________ |       white          |
7am   |                       |                         |
          |       white        |                         |
8am   |                       |                         |
          |                       | ___________  |
9am   |                       |                         |
          |                       |        blue          |
10am |                       |                         |
          |                       | ___________  |
11am |                       |                         |
          |___________ |                         |
12pm |                       |       white          |
          |        blue        |                         |
 1pm  |                       |                         |
          |                       |                         |
2pm   |                       |                         |
          |                       |                         |
3pm   |                       |                         |
          |                       |                         |
4pm   |                       | ___________  |
          |                       |                        |
5pm   |                       |                        |
          |                       |       blue          |
6pm   |                       |                        |
          |                       |___________  |
7pm   |                       |                         |
          |                       |                         |
8pm   |                       |                         |
          |                       |                         |
9pm   |                       |                         |
          |                       |        white         |
10pm |                       |                         |
          |                       |                         |
11pm |                       |                         |
          |                      |                          |
12am |                       |                         |

so each resource could have basically there own multiple different working times, with different colors.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
8 answers
1.2K+ views
Hi,

When I attach a ToolTip (System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip) to a RadTextBox, the ToolTip won't show up. When I attach the same ToolTip to the intrinsic TextBox (System.Windows.Forms.TextBox), the ToolTip works fine.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Apr 2012
0 answers
175 views
Hi, I’m pretty sold on buying one or more Telerik packages however would like feedback about the questions below.

Long story short, years ago I learned database architecture and admin (including Stored Procs). More recently I’ve tutorialed myself to death learning ASP.Net MVC 3 only to discover that imho it seems primarily aimed at either insignificant apps or larger dev teams (eg separate JQuery and dbase staff responsiblities).
Specifically it’s well and good to craft an MVC structured “web server middle tier” but I frankly don’t want to also have to become proficient in EntityFramework/ORM (esp when I like SQL) plus JQuery/JavaScript (esp compared to the readily available features and aesthetics of Telerik components).
Not that I yet know very much about webform database connectivity but it seems straightforward enough to facilitate RAD progression -- and let’s be honest, other than maybe a Fortune 500 firm the idea of a straight unbroken line from mock up .jpg/.ppts to a database schema to Entity classes to an App repository to a compartmentalized GUI (and/or backwards) is unrealistic to the point of being a complete insult.
That said, am I (realizing there are many opinions) mistaken?
I know Telerik has MVC components but I still say the hell with an ORM to manipulate at the web server instead of an Entity class I’ll write a Stored Proc to return to the GUI exactly what is required (and fwiw I can’t see how managing stored procs is any less efficient than constantly having to regenerate the EF everytime I add a field).
So like I said above, please email me thoughts/comments/feedback particularly any "gurus" or firms who might be available for paid consulting services related to first an architecture review and later to periodic assistance/customizations.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?