Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
440 views
Assume I have the following two tables:

Table 1 (Customer) has the following fields:
1) Customer ID
2) First Name
3) Last Name
4) Street Address
5) City FK

Table 2 (City) has the following fields:
1) City PK
2) City

Table 2 is a look-up table that consists of city names.  City PK if the primary key field for the City table.  These primary key values appear as foreign key values in the City FK field of the Customer table.

I want to add a grid view to a form which shows all of the data in the Customer table.  Instead of showing the foreign key values in the City FK field, I want to show the actual city name which corresponds to the foreign key value stored in this field.  How can I do this with the grid view control? 

I had placed a grid view on a form and had attached a data set to this control, but the the City column is showing foreign key values for the city instead of the city name.  This is what I don't want the grid view to show.  How can I resolve this problem?


Thanks.


James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
4 answers
261 views
The MultiColumn Combobox will display "Telerik.WinControl.." if  the value of Display Member is null or empty. That's wrong.

Please see 1.jpg.

It should be display a empty string.

Please help me!

Thanks.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
2 answers
254 views
Hello, I went through and created a custom visual item for my listview and everything worked out great (Telerik documentation was a big help). I then tried to apply custom grouping to my listview and no grouping appeard (everything loads, just without groups). After another quick look I realized that my custom item is also being applied to the group item (doh!). How would I go about determining the type of item being created int the VisualItemCreating event? Thanks
Hunter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
3 answers
517 views
Hello

I have looked through the forums and I haven't found an answer that works yet so I thought I would just ask. I am trying to make the first row of my radgridview object have a blue background color in c#.  This is some of the code

foreach (var ResultLine in myFiles)
                    {
                        string[] Contents = System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(ResultLine.FullName.ToString());
                        if (headercount == 0)
                        {
                            string HeaderRow = Contents[0];
                            string[] HeaderRowSplit = HeaderRow.Split(new char[] { ',' });
                            for (int i = 0; i < rgvAlarmLog.ColumnCount; i++)
                            {
                                rgvAlarmLog.Rows[rowCount].Cells[i].Value = HeaderRowSplit[i];
                                rgvAlarmLog.Rows[rowCount].Cells[i].Style.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.Blue;
                            }
                            rowCount++;
                            headercount = 1;



If I change backcolor1 or 2 or 3 then I see color change in the highlighted row when selected. I do not want that though. I  want the background color to be blue all the time. How can I do this with code?
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
1 answer
248 views
Hello

I have my data added like this way Added for items and two groups and assigned as below.
this.radListView1.Groups.Add(new ListViewDataItemGroup("First Group"));
this.radListView1.Groups.Add(new ListViewDataItemGroup("Second Group"));
 
this.radListView1.Items[0].Group = this.radListView1.Groups[0];
this.radListView1.Items[1].Group = this.radListView1.Groups[0];
this.radListView1.Items[2].Group = this.radListView1.Groups[1];
this.radListView1.Items[3].Group = this.radListView1.Groups[1];
If I wanted to select the first Group "First Group" and on basis for that i wanted to show message or call any other event...
How can i do that ?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
3 answers
586 views
Hi,

Background:

I am populate a grid on certain criteria which user selects within a form. When user press the Load Data button, the data is getting loaded into the RadGridView along with a SummaryRow on the top of the grid.

I have a clear data button which currently clears the grid by setting the DataSource property to null.

Issue:

When user hit the Clear Data button alothough it clears out all the data but leaves that Summary row on the top, which is an issue.

My question is - Is there a way to remove the GridViewSummaryRowItem or any way I can refresh the whole grid which removes the SummaryRow.

Thanks.
Regards
Mohammad
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
2 answers
106 views
I have created a custom appointment edit form.  I have created my own fields as well as disabling inherited fields that I did not need.  For the fields that I did not need, I moved them to an empty part of the form, set the Visible property to False and erased anything in the text property.

However, I did this with the chkAllDay CheckBox.  Set the Visible property to false and erased the text in the Text Property.  The form designer reflects these changes - no text shows up next to the CheckBox.   Anytime that I run my program and use the form this CheckBox is visible on the form, and the original text is displayed.

I have a simple fix for this.  In the MouseMove Event handling I use the following code:
If (chkAllDay.Visible = True) Then
            chkAllDay.Visible = False
        End If


This will make the control not visible as desired anytime the user moves the mouse.

I just wanted to point out a possible bug - or if someone could show me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
1 answer
129 views

Hi,
I am having an issue to save data to database.

I used code below to bind data from database and save information into database as needed.

but Resource field, it did not save the information at all. for example, user books new appointment and choose resource: Laptop and clicks save, but when user come back, resouce field went to None.

Please help and kindly regard.

'load event...
Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1 = New SchedulerDataDataSet()
Dim appointmentsAdapter As New AppointmentsTableAdapter()
appointmentsAdapter.Fill(Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.Appointments)
Dim resourcesAdapter As New ResourcesTableAdapter()
resourcesAdapter.Fill(Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.Resources)
Dim appointmentsResourcesAdapter As New AppointmentsResourcesTableAdapter()
appointmentsResourcesAdapter.Fill(Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.AppointmentsResources)
Dim dataSource As New SchedulerBindingDataSource()
Dim appointmentMappingInfo As New AppointmentMappingInfo()
appointmentMappingInfo.Start = "Start"
appointmentMappingInfo.End = "End"
appointmentMappingInfo.Summary = "Summary"
appointmentMappingInfo.Description = "Description"
appointmentMappingInfo.Location = "Location"
appointmentMappingInfo.BackgroundId = "BackgroundID"
appointmentMappingInfo.StatusId = "StatusID"
appointmentMappingInfo.Resources = "Appointments_AppointmentsResources"
appointmentMappingInfo.ResourceId = "ResourceID"
appointmentMappingInfo.RecurrenceRule = "RecurrenceRule"

dataSource.EventProvider.Mapping = appointmentMappingInfo
dataSource.EventProvider.DataSource = Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.Appointments

Dim resourceMappingInfo As New ResourceMappingInfo()
resourceMappingInfo.Id = "ID"
resourceMappingInfo.Name = "Name"

dataSource.ResourceProvider.Mapping = resourceMappingInfo
dataSource.ResourceProvider.DataSource = Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.Resources

Me.RadScheduler1.DataSource = dataSource

'Save data...
Dim appointmentsAdapter As New AppointmentsTableAdapter()
appointmentsAdapter.Update(Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.Appointments)

Dim appointmentsResourcesAdapter As New AppointmentsResourcesTableAdapter()
appointmentsResourcesAdapter.Update(Me.SchedulerDataDataSet1.AppointmentsResources)

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
1 answer
134 views
hi,
I use RadRibBonBar, and RadElementTree as its elements, when I minimize the form that RadRibBonBar used in, the text of that elements disappear...
How can I  solve this problem
thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2012
1 answer
592 views
Sirs:
I have a WinForm onto which I'm dropping quite a few text boxes and one radDropDownList. All the text boxes (not Telerik) are 20 px tall, and the DropDownList is 18 px tall. I have to use the default theme.

Is there a simple way to set the height of the control? (Not the dropped down height, the height when closed)
You'd think that CONTROLNAME.HEIGHT = 20 would work, but it doesn't

I tried increasing the font size, that worked but looked dumb. <smiles>


Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?