Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
172 views
I have a RadRibbonBarGroup that contains a RadRibbonBarButtonGroup.

There is some padding between the outside edge of the RadRibbonBarGroup and the outside edge of the RadRibbonBarButtonGroup. I assumed I would be able to adjust this with either RadRibbonBarGroup Padding or RadRibbonBarButtonGroup margins. But these values are already 0.

What do I need to set in order to get rid of the spacing around the RadRibbonBarButtonGroup buttons?

Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2012
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

We are using the Telerik winform Q3 2009 SP1.

In our application, We have used the Scheduler control also. The issue happens when we view the date that has multiple appointments [10-20 at least]. In this case, if we minimize the rad form, we are not able to reopen it.

It happens only when we view the date which has multiple appointments. Otherwise, we are able to minimize & maximize the form.

Please let me know the fix for this.

We are in production. So, I appreciate your immediate help on this.

Thanks in Advance.



Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2012
1 answer
174 views
How can I achieve the following (see also picture)?

I have a Form which is displaying a image (the green).
Now i have a ToolWindow docked to the left (the blue and red). But when the Tollwindow is not docked I have this big blue bar on the left side.
What I want is just the "minimized" Toolwindow "floating" over the image.

How can I achieve this?

Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2012
1 answer
249 views
I'm trying to add an expression to a column. The Grid is bound to a table which has a data column expiration date. now i don't want to display the expiration date but how many days til it expires. I tried to use the expression editor function
DATEDIFFDAY(Today(),GetDate(QuoteExpireDate))  QuoteExpireDate is the column in the database. What am  i doing wrong?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2012
1 answer
240 views
Hi,
I keep getting the Error Cannnot convert type 'object' to 'System.Drawing.Image' on the line

element.Image = global::TelerikEditor.Properties.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(currCountry)

How would I change this?

private void LoadFlags( Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadDropDownList myDLL, Array Cntrys)
{
    myDLL.Items.Clear();
    foreach (string currCountry in Cntrys)
    {
        RadListDataItem element = new RadListDataItem();            
        element.Text = currCountry;
        element.Image = global::TelerikEditor.Properties.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(currCountry);
        element.TextImageRelation = System.Windows.Forms.TextImageRelation.ImageBeforeText;
        myDLL.Items.Add(element);
    }
}
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2012
1 answer
176 views
My issues are 2 fold... first, I've created a Custom appointment dialog by implementing the EditAppointmentDialog.  My recurrence button is turned on and I can use that interface to set the recurrence properties.  When I try to save the data during the ApplySettingsToEvent() event, all of my Recurrence propertes in the targetEvent (RecurrencRule, RecurrenceId) are null.  But, in the UI on the radScheduler the recurring appointments show correctly.  How do I retrieve my recurrence information so that I may persist this data?

My second issue is that I also have a custom appointment object that enherits from Telerik.WinControls.UI.Appointment.   In my radScheduler1_AppointmentEditDialogShowing() event I receive an error of "Unable to cast object type of 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.Appointment' to type 'CoachDashboard.CustomAppointment'".  My CustomAppointment class inherits from Telerik.WinControls.UI.Appointment.  Why would I get this error?  The only difference is that this appointment is a recurring appointment now.  It works fine when I don't set any recurrence.

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2012
1 answer
290 views
Hello,

I would like to have my gridview cell contents wrap. When I set the column WrapText = true there is no padding around the cells and the text hits the border.

I tried setting the cell padding using the CellFormatting event but then the WrapText doesn't happen and the cell uses ellipse.

Can I have both?

Thanks,
Beth

This does not work

void radGridView_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            e.CellElement.Padding = new Padding(3, 3, 5, 3);
            if (e.ColumnIndex != 0)
            {
                e.Column.WrapText = true;
            }
        }
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2012
6 answers
196 views
Hi everyone,
I am using radGrid to exibit information of people! one of the fields is Mobile that is thought to be Numeric and limited digits. So I am using GridviewMaskboxColumn by following code :

GridViewMaskBoxColumn mobileColumn = new GridViewMaskBoxColumn();
            mobileColumn.HeaderText = "Mobile#";
            mobileColumn.MaxLength = 10;
            mobileColumn.FieldName = "MobileNo";
            mobileColumn.MaskType = MaskType.Numeric;
            mobileColumn.Mask = "G";
            grid.Columns.RemoveAt(10);
            grid.MasterTemplate.Columns.Insert(10, mobileColumn);

Everything's fine but The Maxlength doesn't work! I mean when you want to edit MobileNo, you can enter digits more than 10!
Any ideas?!

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2012
1 answer
168 views
Hi,

I am using a RadPropertyGrid and have set the SelectedObject to be an object with a DateTime property. I would like this DateTime property to be displayed using en-GB culture (formatted as dd/MM/yyyy) but I cannot find a way to change this from the default MM/dd/yyyy.

I assume that I'm missing something fairly obvious! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2012
1 answer
170 views
I am implementing drag and drop operations between 2 radlistboxes based on the demo with the DragDropManager...
The implementation works fine but i run into a problem when there are more items in the list than the visible area...
specifically getting the upperbound of the visualitem
source code from demo is...

int UpperBound = visualReplacedItem.Bounds.Height * this.targetListBox.Items.IndexOf(this.replacedItem);

the problem is the second part (index of) could return a large number when a list contains 200 items causing the feedback form to draw off the visible area...

is there a visualitems index or something i can reference instead to keep the feedback form in the visible area of the RadListBox?

My feel is that even the demo would not work properly if the lists contained enough items to cause scrolling...
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?