This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where to put RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Skins folder for MOSS 2007

3 Answers 30 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Randall
Top achievements
Rank 2
Randall asked on 29 Jul 2008, 01:51 PM
I have RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (v Q2 2008 Version 2008.2.723) and am using it with SharePoint MOSS 2007.  I want to know where to copy the Skins folder onto the MOSS server so it can be accessed by all the SharePoint sites.  I do not (unless I have to) put multiple copies of the Skins folder on the server (i.e., like one in each site).

I do not see a lot of information on your site for integrating the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX with MOSS 2007.  There is some stuff about replacing menus and tab strips, etc. but not a lot for the other controls.  And the information I see seems to pertain to an earlier version of RadControls with different folder structures for the Skins files.

Can you provide more thorough information about integrating RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX with SharePoint MOSS 2007?

Thanks,

Randall Price

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 02:18 PM
Hi Randall,

The Skins folder in the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installation is intended for use only if you want to customize skins and use them as non-embedded resources. Otherwise this folder is not needed and you don't have to copy it anywhere. All RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX use assembly-embedded skins by default.

If you want to use non-embedded customized skins for RadControls in MOSS, then you can put the needed skins anywhere you find it convenient - it is all up to you, as you will need to register the CSS files manually afterwards.

There is a whole section of articles, related to integrating RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX with MOSS:

RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Online Documentation

Please navigate to the "Integrating RadControls in MOSS" item in the left-hand-side treeview.

All the best,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Randall
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I have followed the instructions at the link you provided and so far the RadControls I have tried are working (RadGrid, RadComboBox, RadTextBox, RadNumericTextBox).

I am now implementing the RadEditor into a few screens.  What additional files (i.e., dialog .ASPX files, toolbar XML files, RadSpell files, etc.) do I need to copy to the MOSS 2007 server and where do they go?

Thanks,

Randall Price
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2008, 05:58 AM
Hello Randall,

We have a special section for RadEditor for MOSS in the documentation; please take a look at the articles and let us know if you have additional questions.

Kind regards,
Paul
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Randall
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Randall
Top achievements
Rank 2