This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where can I get the free RADEditor for SharePoint 2007?

4 Answers 104 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 08 Mar 2011, 10:36 PM
Hello, I must have been living under a rock and did not know about such an awesome creation.
I looked everywhere. Is this still available for SharePoint 2007?
I have read from older posts on the web that it is free.
Please forgive if I am mistaken.

Thank you in advance.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 08:03 AM
Hi Mike,

You can find the Lite version of RadEditor for MOSS in the following location: http://www.telerik.com/community/download-free-products.aspx. Look for "ASP.NET RadEditor for MOSS Lite Edition".

However you should know that we stopped enhancing this control a couple of years ago, so there might be problems with the latest versions of Internet browser.

I personal recomend using the ASP.NET AJAX version of RadEditor for MOSS (the latest version in 5.8.6). You can download a fully functional trial version from the download free trial section of your account.

Kind regards,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 06:03 PM
Hello Stanimir and thank you.
I will try both. However would you please be so kind to let me know where I may find "ASP.NET AJAX version of RadEditor for MOSS"?I don't see it. Is it under a bundle name?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Mar 2011, 06:11 PM
Hello again,

After looking at the comparison here:
http://www.telerik.com/documents/RadEditorMOSS_Feature_Comparison.pdf
What is the difference using LITE when, just like the native editor,  it is missing all the capabilities of the full version.
Perhaps I a missing something?

Also, may I ask what is the pricing for the full version?

Thank you again.
Emilia
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2011, 03:30 PM
Hi Mike,

Regarding your first question: What is the difference using LITE when, just like the native editor - Well, its advantages are the cross browser support and it is far more customizable than the original OOB editor.

Regarding your second question: Also, may I ask what is the pricing for the full version? - It is included in our RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite, so you would need to purchase this suite in order to use the RadEditor. Thus if you would like to download a trial and test before purchase, you need to download a trial for our RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

We have two types of licenses for the ASP.NET AJAX suite and they are as follows:
-   Developer License with Standard support – $799/seat - it comes with free minor updates (hot-fixes, bug-fixes) and standard support for 1 year. Standard support means that all support inquiries will be answered within 48h, Mon-Fri.
-   Developer License with Subscription and Priority support (recommended) – $999/seat - it comes with free major updates (free upgrades to all new versions released within the 1-year subscription term) and free priority support for 1 year (24h guaranteed response time, Mon-Fri). We have an aggressive release schedule with 3 major releases per year with 2-3 Service Packs each, and the subscription license will ensure you stay up-to-date with our most recent technology. In addition, the subscription license will entitle you to the full source code.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Emilia
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1