This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

using a different usercontrol / form template for edit and insert

3 Answers 49 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steven asked on 07 May 2012, 02:51 PM
Any update on the status of this request?  It's been 5 years since the request was initialized.  I'd really like to see this get implemented.

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/grid/using-a-different-usercontrol-form-template-for-edit-and-insert.aspx

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2012, 09:36 PM
Hi Steven,

I recommend that you examine the help article below which shows how you can display different edit forms for Telerik RadGrid on edit and insert action.
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-different-edit-forms-on-edit-and-insert.html

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2012, 01:50 PM
My current implementation is working using that workaround, but in the thread Sebastian noted that the request for separate templates was logged and would be considered for implementation in future versions.  I was just wondering what the status of that was, as having separate templates would be much more convenient than having to include the vb code in every project.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2012, 09:34 PM
Hello Steven,

I am afraid this issue has a lower priority, compared to other tasks we currently have and our developers haven't researched it yet.

Kind regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1