This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"Telerik is not defined"

5 Answers 414 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thomas asked on 15 Nov 2007, 02:14 AM
I have a Page which has tied to a master page. In one of the content areas on the Page, I have a User Control which contains a Prometheus Tooltip control. With the lastest version (2007.2.1107) I'm now getting "Telerik is not defined" javascript errors. Firebug shows the following line at the culprit:

Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
827 $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip, {"clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_contentHeader_ContractSummaryHeader1_SignatorTooltip_ClientState","formID":"aspnetForm","position":31,"relativeTo":1,"skin":"Web20","sticky":true,"targetControlID":"ctl00_contentHeader_ContractSummaryHeader1_ContractSignatorButton"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_contentHeader_ContractSummaryHeader1_SignatorTooltip"));
828});

I have the Ajax Extensions installed along with the Ajax Control Toolkit as well as standard ASP.NET RadControls.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2007, 11:40 AM
Hello Thomas,

I've just answered your other forum post ("Whack-a-mole javascript error") - please add reproduction for this problem in the project we are asking for and send it to us - we will check it right away.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Robert Swafford
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 May 2008, 03:55 PM
Did anything ever come to resolve this issue?  I'm getting the same error on build 2007.03.1314 of the Prometheus controls.  My setup is a master page with a Prometheus Splitter and Telerik Script Manager on it, no Prometheus controls in the client pages.

I just added the Prometheus references to this project -- it had no javascript issues previously.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2008, 08:30 AM
Hello Robert Swafford,
Unfortunately Thomas did not send us his project and I cannot tell you what the problem was. As I cannot reproduce the problem locally, it would be best if you could send us a test project, demonstrating the problem. We will review it and get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.

Please check the Troubleshooting topic in our online documentation as well.

All the best,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2008, 03:28 PM
If I remember correctly, the problem was solved when a newer version of the controls were released. The reason I did not post a solution is that doing so is a serious chore, the controls were in beta and I figured that it was a bug that might be fixed in a subsequent version which it was.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2008, 01:53 PM
Hi Thomas,

This is not a bug but an error which occurs under specific circumstances, when the project is not configured correctly.

There are several reasons for this error to appear and they are discussed here:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-hcgdb.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/help/radcontrols/prometheus/?Troubleshooting.html (the last paragraph)

Please verify that you handled these cases and the error you receive should be eliminated.

I also recommend to examine our help topic which Tsvetie has suggested in her post.

Let me know whether this fixes the problem. In case this does not help I would really need to reproduce the issue locally. For this purpose, open  a new support ticket and send me a small, working project (including your Web.config file and the bin directory with the dlls) and a screenshot of the error.

Greetings,

Svetlina
the Telerik team

Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev