This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Target dropped on save

4 Answers 79 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jim asked on 16 Jul 2008, 03:03 PM
We can not get links to open in new windows.  We activated the Lite Rad Editor for lists and enabled the link button in the BasicToolbar.  We then created links using MOSSLinkManager.  When the list item is save the target is removed.  We tried using the LinkManager with the same result.

Running MOSS 2007 and the latest Rad Editor Lite version.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
George
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jul 2008, 07:42 AM
Hi Jim,

Could you please open the respective Tools File and change the MOSSLinkManager tool declaration to LinkManager. Thus, you will set RadEditor to use the Telerik's LinkManger dialog. Is the problem still observed?

If yes, please open a support ticket and send us some screenshots that demonstrate the problem, along with the exact steps to reproduce it. We will check it on our side and do our best to provide a solution.

Sincerely,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
0
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jul 2008, 12:09 PM
Hi George,

I confirmed that the behavior is consistent in using both LinkManager and MOSSLinkManager.

The steps to reproduce are simple:
1) Activate the RadEditor for lists features
2) Add MOSS LinkManager t
o the toolbar in using the ListToolsFile.xml (there was not a link manager by default).
3) Add a link using the MOSSLinkManager t
o a list item and set it to open in a new window using "Open Link In New Window" checkbox.
4) Save it
5) Edit the same list item and the "Open Link In New Window" checkbox will always be deselected

We are running MOSS2007 and I'm using IE6.

Thanks,
Jim
0
George
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Jim,

I tested the behavior on my side under IE6 and everything worked fine - please review the attached screenshots.

Could you test the behavior using the latest version of the control? Are you able to reproduce the problem. If yes, please open a support ticket and send us a sample video where the problem can be observed.


Best regards,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
0
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi George,

Thanks for testing, this has been resolved.  The problem only existed when using the RadEditor for list items.  It only occurred because the site column it was being used on was originally setup as "Rich text" and needed to be "Enhanced rich text".

Thanks,
James
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or