This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Invalid JSON primitive

3 Answers 201 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Puay Chai Tan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Puay Chai Tan asked on 04 Oct 2010, 04:19 AM
Hi,

i have this "JSON primitive" error in runtime upon clicking a button in the usercontrol inside the radgrid. i dont know what control causes this, since i only have a radgrid in parent control, an update panel and rad tabstrip and two radeditor inside a user control.

any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2010, 10:31 AM
Hi Puay,

Do you have RadAjaxManager or RadAjaxPanel in your application? If yes, could you please try disabling ajax, by setting the EnableAjax property of the RadAjaxManager/RadAjaxPanel control you have on the page and confirm that the error  persists?

Greetings,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Puay Chai Tan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Oct 2010, 11:12 AM
Hi, 

I have manage to get rid of that error by removing the other radeditor control, i dont know whats the reason behind that. i just replace the other one to radtextbox instead.
by the way, i have no RadAjaxManager or RadAjaxPanel inside my page including in the masterpage.

can i have i another question?

i get this run time error "microsoft jscript runtime error: 'tagName' is null or not an object" very often when i randomly click in any part of usercontrol inside the grid.

your reply is very much appreciated.
thanks.

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2010, 11:18 AM
Hello Puay,

I'm not sure, what can cause the error you received. Please open a new support thread and send us a simple working project, where we can observe this behavior. Once we receive it, we will do our best to help you.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Puay Chai Tan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Puay Chai Tan
Top achievements
Rank 1