This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys is undefined

2 Answers 129 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vanes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vanes asked on 13 Feb 2009, 08:45 AM
Hi working on RadSpell trial. I followed the steps on Getting Started but it doesnt seem to work. When I click the Spell Check button, the Spellchecker form pops up and it says Spell Checkin in progress... Did I miss something?
This is also the DictionaryPath  = ~/App_Data/RadSpell/en-US.tdf.

Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2009, 02:24 PM
Hi,

Check if your application has the <xhtmlConformance /> element in the web.Config file. If it is there and its mode is set to "Legacy", then you need to remove it in order for the ASP.NET AJAX controls to work properly.

If you do not have a <xhtmlConformance /> element in the web.config, then you will need to use a HTTP debugging proxy (Fiddler for IE or Firebug for Firefox) and check what is happening to the script HTTP requests when you press the Spell Check button. The files you need to monitor are WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd. If you see 404 (not found) or 500 (server error) for these requests, then there is a problem with the ASP.NET AJAX configuration in your application. Check if you have all the needed handlers and module definitions at the correct place in your web.config file.

Best wishes,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Pierpaolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2009, 10:22 PM
if you recently changed the time on your computer, you might also be getting this error.

Take a look at this post:

http://www.bettonisoftware.com/Blog/tabid/80/EntryID/1/Default.aspx
Tags
Spell
Asked by
Vanes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
Pierpaolo