This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Slow Performance

3 Answers 129 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 25 Nov 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi,

I create line charts showing a dataset of typical 9000-18000 values. To generate the chart it takes about 60-90 seconds to actually generate the chart. Not acceptable for the endusers. Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Peter,

Please, check this forum thread for details on RadChart performance and possible workarounds.

Kind regards,
Ves
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Nov 2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks,

Yep i saw that thread and decided to use a free asp web chart product called Web Chart that does the trick. For those interested see here http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/WebChart/

I produce line charts in millisonds with datasets well over 10.000 data items....

Regards

Peter

Ves
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2008, 07:35 AM
Hi Peter,

I believe you are aware of the numerous advantages of RadChart like zoom/scroll, consistent theming, RadControls integration etc. Still, we have focused on the ease of use customization of the control, rather than handling thousands of items and, I have to admit, this is where RadChart can be improved. Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Kind regards,
Ves
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ves
Telerik team
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1