Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
105 views
I want to know if it is possible to restrict the export options per user, either programatically or in a configuration file. I want to do it per user, so the visible=false option in the web.config doesn't work for me, because that way innactivate the option for all users.

I appreciate your comments.
Greetings
greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2011
1 answer
327 views
Hi,

I'm looking for the option to add the - / + sign to column groups as shown in this example
http://demos.telerik.com/reporting/product-sales/demo.aspx
the following video doesn't show how to do this.
http://demos.telerik.com/reporting/product-sales/video.aspx

I am creating the entire crosstab in code because I have a lot of report possibilities that can be configured by the user
including the expanding and collapsing of columns (and if possible, rows)

If I'm missing something or if someone has an idea how to create this effect in code, please let me know!

Sven
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2011
1 answer
112 views
Hello,

        I have create a Pie chart with following Dataset schema


       
        CallPriorityCode   CallPriorityName  NoOfCalls
                  1                          Low                  8
                  2                          Medium            10
                  3                          High                  2
 
      I want to show Pie chart with Percentage value ( Of NoOfCalls Data) as Lable and Call Priority Name in Legend Area.


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2011
7 answers
303 views
Hi..
I have report with a CrossTab in the detail.
If I run the report with just a few columns and rows it appears fine.
If I run the report with 100+ rows and  50+ columns - The First page always appears blank....  probably because the generated crosstab is too large for the page.... ?
How can I keep the CrossTab on the First Page?  The cross tab always starts on Second Page and goes on from there.....
thanks
VH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2011
1 answer
174 views
For some reason the Table Wizard is not present in the Telerik Reporting toolbox (nor any other wizards).

I'm working in VS 2005 - with Telerik Reporting 2011 Q1

Is there any way to start the Wizard without doing a drag-and-drop from the Toolbox?
It don't have admin priviledges on my computer so I have limited flexibility...

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

 - Pascal
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Apr 2011
1 answer
221 views
I am experimenting with creating a multi-column report that includes a group with a header; I have set the KeepTogether property (seems to be meant for pages, not columns, but have tried anyway) to true, but the groups may still span multiple columns.  That creates the situation where the group header is, say, on the bottom of the left column (2 column report) and the details, sans a header, are on the top of the right column.

Is there any way to prevent the group from spanning multiple columns?  That is, essentially make the KeepTogether behave on columns as it does on pages?

Thanks,
Adam 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2011
3 answers
386 views
Hi,
I'm facing a problem in programmatically creating a table. I have managed to add columns to table and the report renders fine,using this thread

:http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/reporting/telerik-reporting/quot-dynamic-quot-table-in-telerik-reports.aspx

How can i now add summations for particular column in the end of the table(the last row) programmatically?

For instance, I would only like to show summations for some of the columns,not all of them becouse some of them are not summable...

Thanks in advanace
Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Apr 2011
1 answer
256 views
Hello,

I am attempting to manually create a report in the viewmodel to bind to a WPF reportviewer control.

I cannot use the designer as I have to create the table manually. The report will accept a datasource object (in this instance a List<T> where T is a domain object), create the columns, and then populate the rows. I have done extensive research on the forums and created the column collection and even the entire table. I am unable to get it to show anything once the report is bound to the view.

Any help is appreciated.

-Josh

Here is the xaml for the report viewer:

 

 

 

<telerikReporting:ReportViewer Grid.Row="1" x:Name="ReportViewer1" Report="{Binding DataContext.AutoReport}" Width="500" Height="600" >

 

</telerikReporting:ReportViewer>


And here is the ViewModel:

 

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Collections.ObjectModel;
using System.Collections.Specialized;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using Telerik.Reporting;
using Telerik.Reporting.Drawing;
using System;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Telerik.Reporting;
using Telerik.Reporting.Drawing;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using System.Data;
using System.Text;
using System.Collections;
  
namespace Client.ViewModels
{
   public class TelerikDummyReportViewModel : ReportViewModelBase
    {
        public TelerikDummyReportViewModel(ContentViewModelBase parent) : base(parent)
        {
              
        }
        #region Properties
  
         
  
       private Report _autoreport;
       public Report AutoReport
       {
           get
           {
               return _autoreport;
           }
           set
           {
               // Check if it's really a change 
               if (value == _autoreport)
                   return;
  
               // Change Report 
               _autoreport = value;
  
               // Notify attached View(s) 
               RaisePropertyChanged("AutoReport");
           }
       } 
       private List<user> _userDataList;
        public List<user> UserDataList 
        { 
            get { return _userDataList; } 
            set
            {
                _userDataList = value;
                if (_userDataList.Count() > 0)
                {
                    AutoReport = new DynamicReport(_userDataList[0]);
                    AutoReport.Report.DataSource = UserDataList;
  
                }
                RaisePropertyChanged("UserDataList");
                RaisePropertyChanged("AutoReport");
            } 
        }
          
  
        #endregion
        internal override void ControlLoaded()
        {
            DependencyCheck();
        }
  
        internal override void DependencyCheck()
        {
              
            GetUsers();
        }
        public void GetUsers()
        {
            ShowIsBusyMessage("Loading ...");
            AuthenticationClient.GetLPUsersCompleted += new EventHandler<GetLPUsersCompletedEventArgs>(AuthenticationClient_GetLPUsersCompleted);
            AuthenticationClient.GetLPUsersAsync();
              
        }
  
        void AuthenticationClient_GetLPUsersCompleted(object sender, GetLPUsersCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            AuthenticationClient.GetLPUsersCompleted -= AuthenticationClient_GetLPUsersCompleted;
            if (e.Error != null)
            {
                this.HandlePrompt("Error retrieving audit activity filter.", DisplayName, e.Error);
                HideIsBusyMessage();
            }
            else if (e.Result != null)
            {
                UserDataList = e.Result.ToList();
            }
            HideIsBusyMessage();
        }
  
  
     
       internal class DynamicReport : Telerik.Reporting.Report
       {
           private Table table1;
           public DynamicReport(object sourceObject)
           {
               table1 = createTable(sourceObject);
  
           }
  
  
           private Table createTable(object sourceObject)
           {
               var targetTable = new Table();
               targetTable.ColumnGroups.Clear();
               targetTable.Body.Columns.Clear();
               targetTable.Body.Rows.Clear();
  
               var sourcePropertyList = sourceObject.GetType().GetProperties();
               Telerik.Reporting.TextBox textboxGroup;
               Telerik.Reporting.TextBox textBoxTable;
               Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup tableGroupColumn;
               int i = 0;
               foreach (var o in sourcePropertyList)
               {
                   tableGroupColumn = new TableGroup();
  
                   targetTable.Body.Columns.Add(new TableBodyColumn(Unit.Inch(1)));
  
                   textboxGroup = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();
                   textboxGroup.Value = o.Name;
                   textboxGroup.Size = new SizeU(Unit.Inch(1.1), Unit.Inch(0.3));
                   tableGroupColumn.ReportItem = textboxGroup;
                   targetTable.ColumnGroups.Add(tableGroupColumn);
  
                   textBoxTable = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();
                   targetTable.Body.SetCellContent(0, i++, textBoxTable);
                   textBoxTable.Value = "=Fields." + o.Name;
               }
               TableGroup tableGroupRow = new TableGroup();
               targetTable.RowGroups.Add(tableGroupRow);
               tableGroupRow.Grouping.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Data.Grouping());
               targetTable.DataSource = sourceObject;
               return targetTable;
           }
       }
          
    }
}
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2011
3 answers
295 views
How could I invoke Export button event handler programmaticlly? I need to doing something when user click the export button in the report viewer bar. Could I do it on the server side?

thanks alot
Kevin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2011
2 answers
97 views
Hi ,

one of my client is using default blue skin for a bar chart , i have changed the bar chart to their requirement in terms of style ,

what we need to know is how we can add a new skin in addition to the list of skin that has been provided be default,

please let me know on this , thanks in advance .

Ashok

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Apr 2011
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?