Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
6 answers
891 views
Hi,

I have a very basic report, showing about 20 fields with Headers,Details and Footer with aggregates.
The columns are docked left, what aligns them very nicely.
I added them with the wizard and then tested the report, all went fine.

But some fields where simply to narrow so I wanted to make them wider. I marked the header, the detail and the aggregate field of one column and hit SHIFT+Arrow Left, wich made all marked fields 1 pixel wider - fine so far. But after that all fields are unmarked and I couldn 't continue, but instead, had to mark all fields again.
I'm aware that I could resize one and align the other by using "Format->Make Same Size" but this triples the clicks necessary. A realy pain in the a** with 20+ fields.
And after aligning the fiels, they also get unmarked and I have to mark them a second time if I want to align them not only in size but also by position

Same happens when I try to move multiple fields at once with the arrow keys. Here moving the fileds with the mouse is no option, because you can't move fields from different sections with the mouse, all fields but the ones from a single section get unmarked.

Another problem I have is the order in which the columns appear on my report.
I use the "Dock:Left"-Property to align them, but I like to change the order in wich they are aligned.
I already tried to change the order in which my SQL-Select statement retireves them from the database, but that didn't have any effect plus my calculated columns always appear at the end.

Another question would be if there is a option to add aggreagated fields like SUM/AVG fields automatically to a group/report footer.
Again I can do this by hand but work sum pretty much up with many columns.

I hope you can give me some solutions for the problems above, because I was really looking forward to get rid of CrystalReports and replace in with something better, but with my reports mainly consisting of simple data and aggregate footers but with many different columns, using the TelerikReports-Designer is, right now, not very comfortable.

Thanks in advance
Lukas
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Apr 2011
0 answers
101 views
Hi,

I'm trying to build some reports using an SharePoint 2007 list enclosed in a ObjectDataSource to access the data at design-time. However I can not get the preview function of the reporting designer to work. If I paste the dataobject code in an console application it works perfectly. But if i use it in a reporting project(class lib) I get the following error: "The web application could not be found." I've triple checked everything, but it still gives me the error.

Here is my dataobject code:

namespace ReportingTest2
{
    [System.ComponentModel.DataObject()]
    public class UrenSpecificatieDS : List<UrenSpecificatieItemObj>
    {
        [System.ComponentModel.DataObjectMethod(System.ComponentModel.DataObjectMethodType.Select)]
        public List<UrenSpecificatieItemObj> GetUrenBetweenDates(DateTime beginDate, DateTime endDate)
        {
            if (beginDate != null && endDate != null)
            {
                using (SPSite site = new SPSite("http://devserver"))
                {
                    using (SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb())
                    {
                        SPList spUrenSpecificatieList = web.Lists["HourRegistration"];
                         
                        SPQuery query = new SPQuery();
                        query.Query = "<Query><Where><And><Geq>" +
                                      "<FieldRef Name=\"Date\" /><Value IncludeTimeValue=\"TRUE\" Type=\"DateTime\">2011-04-01T02:18:48Z</Value>" +
                                      "</Geq><Leq>" +
                                      "<FieldRef Name=\"Date\" /><Value IncludeTimeValue=\"TRUE\" Type=\"DateTime\">2011-04-24T02:18:50Z</Value>" +
                                      "</Leq></And></Where></Query>";
 
                        foreach (SPItem item in spUrenSpecificatieList.GetItems(query))
                        {
                            UrenSpecificatieItemObj ur = new UrenSpecificatieItemObj();
                            ur._Date = getDateField(item, "Date");
                            string[] split = { ";#" };
                            ur.Company = getStringField(item, "Company").Split(split, StringSplitOptions.None)[1];
                            ur.Hours = getDecField(item, "Hours");
                            ur.Distance = getDecField(item, "Distance");
                            ur.Description = getStringField(item, "Title");
                            this.Add(ur);
                        }
                    }
                }
                return this;
            }
            return null;
        }
// omitted the helper methods.
}
So this code works in an console app, but not when previewing the report in a class library.

When I search for the errors about "The webapplication is not found" and there are some mentions about using x64 builds. I've tried to set my project to x64 exclusive, but Visual Studio 2008 gives an error about some assembly's beeing wrong but I guess that is probably of some dependencies of the reporting control. I'm using Windows 2008 x64 as dev platform.

I hope somebody can shed some light on this, as I would like to use the full design time controls to create my report. Any help is grealty appreciated.
Bartdesign
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 26 Apr 2011
2 answers
152 views
Hi,

I am currently using Q1 2011 and with UseNativePrinting set to false.
When running in local machine, print from ReportViewer works fine. After deploying to server, with http it still works, but not work for https.
Click on print button and nothing happens.
Do I need to set up any configurations?

Thanks in advance.
VH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
1 answer
165 views
Hello,

I see that Telerik has the Sparkline control available for Silverlight and WPF.  I am wondering why this is not included in Telerik Reporting?  It looks to be a very powerful way to display data and would fit in very well in reports.  Or is there a way to make this happen?


Thanks,

Chris
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
1 answer
150 views
Currently I am evaluating different reporting frameworks for implementing a new reporting / printing component for our application. I am planing to implement a MS Office 2010 style printing preview. As there will be a multitude of configuration parameters which influence the generated output and the output may be several 100 pages and several reports (probably combined into one using your book feature) it may take quite a while to create all those pages / reports. Nevertheless I want user configuration changes immediately to be reflected in the user interface (the preview). So I was thinking about designing all the reporting component in a way that it's able to generate pages / the single reports asynchronously one after one, so that the first page / report could be quickly shown while the rest is still generated and added one after the other.

So my question is, do you see the Telerik Reporting component and the WPF viewer being capable of dealing with those requirements, enabling me to implement such a scenario?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
1 answer
118 views
Dear Support Team

Our software system generate reports on a business server.
A web server shows the reports (within a report book) on a web page.
The generated reports are serialized/deserialized and transferred from the business to the web server by a WCF streaming contract.

Problem:
The style sheets are not applied if the report is opened in the html viewer, the same after exporting to PDF or RTF.

I made a simple test by opening the same report locally on the web server without serialization and it shows the styled elements correctly.

Here is the code that deserializes the report document on the web server:
IReportDocument document = null;
using (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader = System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(dataFile))
{
    System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer xmlSerializer =
        new System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(typeof(Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook));
    document = (Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(xmlReader);
}

The serialized xml document 'dataFile' (that the web server gets from the business server) from the code above includes the style sheet correctly.
<StyleSheet>
  <StyleRule>
    <Style BackgroundColor="Transparent" Color="Black" VerticalAlign="Middle">
      <BorderStyle Bottom="Solid" />
      <BorderColor Default="DimGray" />
      <BorderWidth Default="1px" />
      <Font Size="11pt" Style="Bold" />
      <Padding Left="0cm" />
    </Style>
    <Selectors>
      <StyleSelector>
        <Type>ReportItemBase</Type>
        <StyleName>Test</StyleName>
      </StyleSelector>
    </Selectors>
  </StyleRule>
</StyleSheet>

I compared the serialized file on the business server and the transferred one on the web server and they are identical.

Because of that it seems to be a problem on the report viewer or my de-serialization code (that I copied from the reporting online help).

Thank you for your help.

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
1 answer
160 views
Hello sir,
I am making report in telerik and I want to make report using code in my silver light project do you have any solution for this?

Thanks
Shakti
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
3 answers
297 views
I am having an issue where the report is not refreshed when the navigate back button is used on the report viewer toolbar.  The main report uses drillthrough functionality to show a more detailed report.  When you navigate back from the drillthrough report you have to click the refresh button for the data to show.

I am using the NeedDataSource event to populate the data initially.  However this event is not fired when the navigate back button is used.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
1 answer
97 views
Hi,
I have to create a report for many item (animal), for each animal there are a header section with general information and a detail section with the list of birth (number of children, average weight etc..).

I use report parameter to pass the animal id from my silverlight application.

I start with report for single animal: in the header and footer I insert textbox with date and animal id, in detail section I insert general animal's informations and a table with list of birth.

As datasource I use my custom class Animal that contains general information and an List<BirthInformation> called ListBirth.

I create two datasource, ds1 for the report with Animal class and ds2 for the table with birth information setting datasource to Animal and DataMember to ListBirth. I had to make the second datasource for see the member of the list ListBirth

In the report's code I use NeedDatasource event, so on constructor I put the report datasource to null, and in the event handler I use the code:

Animal a = GetAnimal(id);
this.DataSource = a;
this.table4.DataSource = a.ListBirth;  

The report work fine.

Is this correct way to work?

I need now to make the report (single) form many animal whit a page break from an animal and the next, but I don't understand if I do to use a group or a new report with this report as subreport in a table and how to set the datasource.

Thank you very much.
andrea

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
1 answer
224 views
We have a variety of reports that we have set up with some parameters. For instance we have a High/Medium/Low filter that has a drop down at the top of the report. Our issue is this dropdown displays ParameterItem+SelectAllItem on one report instead of High Medium Low (or even Select Priority, which is preferred). In the ReportParameter Collection Editor in the Available Values section we are tied to a entityDataSource. The DisplayMember is =Fields.RecruitPriorityValue  We have a variety of filters/parameters that we use for quite a few new reports and this is an issue for all of them.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?