Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
130 views
I am getting the following error message when I try to drag and drop a Subreport in the PageHeader Section of my report.  I can add the Subreport to the ReportHeader, but not the PageHeader.  Why??????

Error Message:  Cannot add subReport1(Telerik.Reporting.SubReport) to pageHeaderSection1(Telerik.Reporting.PageHeaderSection)

I am using  Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and Telerik Reporting 2009 Q2

Thanks,

Charlie J.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Apr 2011
4 answers
185 views
Hi,

    Is there an event run when the user clicks on the Action of a report E.G

    Drill report Liks to a Sub report.

    When user clicks to load this report Fire Event user wants to load X Report..

   What i would love would be an action to "run action even", so that when a user clicks a code on the report we cold load a code edit window in our main app.
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2011
6 answers
706 views
I have two input parameters type of Guid.
I set default values for parameters like d6a0d1a8-0d5d-4850-9930-5670dfa26403 or 'd6a0d1a8-0d5d-4850-9930-5670dfa26403'

When report preview I have error : Failed to convert parameter value from a string to Guid.

What is wrong?
Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
8 answers
1.5K+ views
Hi All,

I'm interesting is it possible to use Business Object Datasource for reporting ?

I mean how to display complex values, let me explain with example:

I have classes:
public class SubClass  
{  
  public string Name {get;set;}  
}  
 
public class MyClass  
{  
  public string Name {get;set;}  
  public SubClass subClass {get;set;}  
} 

And also have a
List<MyClass> list = MyBusinessLogic.GetList(); 

I know how to set report datasource to list, but how to display MyClass.subClass.Name ?
 =Fields.subClass.Name don't work.

Thanks.
japss
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
1 answer
110 views
If I create a chart, and choose a DataSource for it via the properties menu, then add a series to the chart.  Why are the dropdowns all blank for "DataLabelsColumn, DataXColumn, etc.)?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
2 answers
157 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik Report Q3 2010 + Silverlight for.

<telerik:ReportViewer x:Name="sampleReport" ReportServiceUri="../ReportService.svc"
                              Report="sampleReportDetail, Server" />


the sampleReportDetail reside in Server and populate domain service data in NeedDataSource.

Is there anyway that i can cache the complete report, so that whenever the "View Report" button is clicked, it will not even hit the Server ReportService?

Thanks alot.
Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
11 answers
1.4K+ views
Has anyone come up with a way to work around the limitation of not being able to show a header on each page within a subreport?

What if I limit the number of records that I have on a given page to say, 25, and force the pagination at that point?

Since my rows can size dynamically due to text wrapping, this really isn't an ideal solution, but it has now become a requirement that headers appear on all pages.

Thanks for the help!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
2 answers
178 views
Hi,
I have a table with avg summaries. When the type column is int32, the avg value is int,  the last two decimal places are always .00.
I try to set the format {0:#0.00} but the avg value is still int.
There is a way to get a float or double value for avg function with an int32 column?

thank you very much.
andrea
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
1 answer
75 views
Hi,

I am using VS2010, SL4, Q1 2011 for telerik silverlight and reporting. I will to print report in my silverlight business aplication. Report (called 'BankaReport') is created on sever project of solution. When I click on the print button, which is on the silverlight page on client project, I will to open silverlight child page, which is on same side, and show report. On the server side is created ReportService.svc. There is reportviewer control on the silverlight child page. I set property that control:
 <telerik:ReportViewer x:Name="MyRV "
                                    ReportUri="ReportService.svc"
                                    Report="BankaReport">

When I clicked on the print button I give message error that say me that assembly is not  ok.
Could you give me project with example like this or show me demo.

Best regards,

Aleksandar Kovacevic
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2011
5 answers
311 views
Hi,

I'm having trouble with the Report Book feature when adding multiple reports and setting their Parameter values. I'm adding the same report multiple times to the Report Book but setting different parameter values for each report added. In short, the generated report book contains the correct number of reports but is only using one of the parameter values supplied. Thus all of the report book items are showning exactly the same thing.

I've debugged the report book when it is being created/setup and each report paramater value is as it should be. For some reason the rendered report is only using one of the paramter values for all of the report book items. It doesn't seem to make sense.

Here is my code (VB.net 3.5):

Public despatchItems As New List(Of Integer)

despatchItems is just a List of integer values that is used to set the parameter value of each report.
 

Dim
batchDespatchNoteReport As New ReportBook
 For x As Integer = 0 To despatchItems.Count - 1
     batchDespatchNoteReport.Reports.Add(New DespatchReport())
     batchDespatchNoteReport.Reports(x).ReportParameters(0).Value = despatchItems.Item(x)
     batchDespatchNoteReport.Reports(x).PageNumberingStyle = PageNumberingStyle.ResetNumberingAndCount
 Next
 batchDespatchNoteReport.DocumentName = "Despatch Note(s)"
 rptViewer.Report = batchDespatchNoteReport

I'm using reporting version (latest version): Telerik_Reporting_Q1_2011_v5_0_11_316
This is done in WPF Vb.net 3.5 SP1 with the Telerik Reporting Viewer.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Apr 2011
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?