Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
110 views
Hello team!
    I have a CrossTab that fetches data via SQLDataSource that is calling a Stored Procedure that has parameters.  How do I pass some of the Report Parameters to the Stored Procedure.

Thanks!
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2013
5 answers
241 views
I am trying to find a difference between 2 values in the corss tab total by using iff and sum since there is no diff or subtract function. How do i do it. Not looking to do in code but in the designer itself using an expression.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
3 answers
96 views
I'm cleaning up a large report and I changing allot of inline style into common StyleRules and now the IDE Freezes (Not Responding) when I try to close the designer.

The style rules are very simple with just a TypeSelector and something simple like BOLD or TextAlign Right.


I can save the file just fine, it just crashes on close.

I attaching a debugger, but it does not throw an error.


Is this a know issue or am I just lucky.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
1 answer
291 views
I'm using the stand alone report writer.

I can't see how to turn off data point labels in a chart that is tied to a data query. I have tried setting up the series ahead of time as is suggested in the literature and setting visible = False in the data label property but it appears I am missing a step in the process. 

Thanks for help!!!
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
1 answer
154 views
Hi Team

In my telerik report, Right and Bottom Border is not visible in HTML Preview. Please find the attached image.

But the same border is visible when I export to PDF.

The version of my Telerik.Reporting.dll is (5.1.11.928). In one of the blog I read that, replacing newer version of telerik dll may solve this issue. But I DON'T want to replace this dll.

Please help me to solve this issue using same dll. (I need alternative solution for this).

Thanks in advance
Sharan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
6 answers
290 views
Hi,
I'm using:
- ReportViewer from Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms version 8.0.0.0
- Telerik.Web.UI version 2012.912.35
- Visual Studio 2010 with .Net Framework 3.5
- Sharepoint 2010.
 
Inside a visual web part in a Sharepoint project, I added the report viewer. Everything works fine until I try to ajaxify the page. If I added Ajax to the page, I lose the Export functionality as well as the paging functionality INSIDE the Report.

Attached is a picture of the report viewer paging and export settings with Ajax and without Ajax.
Please advise on what should I do to get the page ajaxified an have the ReportViewer control fully functional.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
2 answers
563 views
When I have a page header and a page footer and exporting to word, there is a page break after the footer resulting in a every other page being blank.

I have narrowed it down to the padding generated at the bottom of a section.
From the screen capture
Green = Details Section BGColor
Orange = Table BGColor

In the Report Viewer you can see the green from the bottom of the details section because the table was split to fit on each page.

Within Word, you can see that the green padding rows does not fit and Word pushes it to the next page. causing the blank page which is really a pad row with PageBreakAfter.

Also, the DOCX rendering extensions is splitting the content into an outer page layout table

[ row ] => page1 table (orange)
[ row ] => padding row (green)
[ row ] => page2 table (orange)
[ row ] => padding row (green)


Each page acts independent of each other, Page size, margins, header and footer as if they were process separately and stitched together.

This is apparent when you change the page size within word to legal and all that is accomplished is extra padding at the bottom of that single page.

Split tables also eliminates the ability to select an entire column.

RTF processes a single document correctly allowing Word to generate its own page breaks with a single page header/footer.

Is there a way to configure Telerik to generate a continuous page rather then the individul ones for DOCX export?




Thanks
Steve




Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2013
1 answer
246 views
Hi all. Basically the problem is that I'm trying to hide a detail if a certain field is zero. I tried using ConditionalFormatting but when I set the style to invisible, it doesn't work because the detail is invisible by default. The visibility of the detail is being controlled by an Action to toggle visibility in a textbox in another group. Is there an easy way to work around this?

I'm trying to use the Bindings property of the detail I want to hide on this condition. Here's what I'm trying to do:

=IIF(SUM(Fields.AnsweredCall) = 0, false, IIF(Telerik.Reporting.Processing.textBox49.Action = true, true, false))

How can I check from within this expression whether or not the textbox has been toggled to show the detail?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2013
5 answers
182 views
I have a group of reports which each have ExternalStyleSheets set at design time to xml files attached to the project.   The reports all display fine in preview mode. 

The problem occurs when using the ReportProcessor-->RenderReport() method to call these reports.   It appears that it doesn't utlizie the ExternalStyleSheets, since all formatting defined in those files is lost. 
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2013
1 answer
185 views

Using Telerik Report Designer v 6.2.13.110

Description: In the Telerik Report designer, in-line sub reports are displayed at the bottom of the design page. User can select a sub report, right-click to bring up a menu, and select “Edit Report…”. When selected, the following error message appears:


Attached error message image.

Clicking “Continue” closes the dialog box; the sub-report is not opened. Contents of Details are:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

   at Telerik.Reporting.Design.ReportDesigner.OnEditReport(Object sender, EventArgs e)

   at System.ComponentModel.Design.MenuCommand.Invoke()

   at Telerik.ReportDesigner.Packages.Design.VsMenuCommandService.MenuCommandToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)



Any suggestions?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?