This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ReportViewer is undefined...

3 Answers 668 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 2
Lynn asked on 27 Jan 2013, 11:01 PM
I have created a report in the standalone designer and it previews just fine.  When I try to display the report on an ..aspx web page in a Visual Studio 2012 web application, I receive errors on every item on the report viewer (all buttons and the ReportViewer itself).

I have attached a screen capture of the displayed page + the error dialog box (DisplayedPage1.png).  I have also attached a screen capture of the actual javascript error line (DisplayedPage2.png), and a screen capture of the Visual Studio project including the .aspx html page.  There is no code at all in the code-behind file.  I have also attached the Fiddler screen capture which shows that nothing related to the Report Viewer is found when the page is displayed.

The web.config file source code is included below.  The report uses the AdventureWorks database and produces a simple listing of the products in the database.

This is my first attempt at using Telerik Reporting, so I've probably done something stupid, but I need some help, please and thank you.  

Lynn

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="Telerik.Skin" value="Metro"/>
    <add key="Telerik.ScriptManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled"/>
    <add key="Telerik.StyleSheetManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled"/>
  </appSettings>
  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.5">
      <assemblies>
        <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91"/>
        <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845DCD8080CC91"/>
        <add assembly="Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
        <add assembly="Telerik.Reporting, Version=6.2.13.110, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be"/>
      </assemblies>
    </compilation>
    <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5"/>
    <pages>
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>
      </controls>
    </pages>
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
      <add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=x.x.x.x, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    <httpModules>
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule"/>
      <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression"/>
    </httpModules>
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
      <remove name="RadUploadModule"/>
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <remove name="RadCompression"/>
      <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
    </modules>
    <handlers>
      <remove name="ChartImage_axd"/>
      <add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx"/>
      <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd"/>
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
      <add name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=x.x.x.x, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
    </handlers>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 05:04 PM
Hello Lynn,

If by any chance you haven't checked the following help articles, please take a look at them and try the described suggestions:

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, let us know.

Kind regards,
Stef
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 10:31 PM
Stef,

I appreciate your comments, but I resolved this a couple of hours ago.  Your suggested readings are not particularly helpful.  I found these same readings while trying to debug the problem, but following the instructions contained within did NOT resolve the problem.

Telerik should be aware that the contents of the web.config file AS CREATED BY YOUR VISUAL STUDIO TEMPLATES, are not entirely correct depending upon the type of project being created.  I have VS2012, am using .net 4.5, and had to add additional lines of code to get the report viewer recognized on the page by .net.

Thank you for your intended assistance.

Lynn
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2013, 01:55 PM
Hello Lynn,

I am sorry to hear you are having bad times configuring Telerik Reporting. Adding the ReportViewer as described in the help article should have registered all needed handlers.

Can you share, which parts did you have to add manually?

Greetings,
Stef
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 2