Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
116 views
Hello
  
I am using Telerik Reporting for Silverlight. In the report viewer once the report is generated, I want to print it by clicking on the "print" icon in the menu bar on top of the report.
  
After clicking on that button the popup showing the progress for the print generation is displayed as expected. Both "print" and "cancel" work fine in most cases. However, when a report is "big" (here I have a 38 pages report as per the report viewer or enough data in the report to generate a 2MB PDF file if it helps), the increment of the percent in that same popup does not start right away. If I click on the "Cancel" button before the percents start to increase, the popup does not close as it would otherwise. The "cancel" button becomes greyed out and the printing process keeps going until it reaches 100%. Once the process is over, there is no choice but to print the report (the "print" button is no more greyed out) or close the whole report viewer as the "Cancel" button remains greyed out.
  
We are using Silverlight 4 and the version of Telerik reporting we are using is the 6.0.12.215. Let me know if you need more information for your investigation.
Guillaume
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Sep 2013
2 answers
558 views
Hello,

I would like to know if the following is possible.  I would like to have a report where the page orientation is portrait for most pages, but some are set to landscape. 

I have tried the following:
I have a main report with the PagSettings.Landscape property to false.  I also have a subreport that is in a section with page breaks to make it on it's own page. For the sub report I set the PagSettings.Landscape property to true. When I run the report in the WinForms report viewer it seems that the page orientation setting from the main report is used and the orientation on the sub report is ignored.  Is this true?  Is there any work around to get one page of a report to be landscape while the rest of the report is portrait?  FYI, I'm using the WinForms viewer for development but the final product will export the report directly to PDF.

Thanks,

Chris
Marshall Long
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2013
10 answers
304 views
Hello,

I am using the new Q3 2012 controls and the Telerik Silverlight ReportViewer is giving me an error... "Unable to determine application identity of the caller". How can I resolve this?


Cheers
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2013
3 answers
139 views
I have a Web Application that populates various controls that are used as parameters, i.e., 3 RadDropDownTrees, 4 RadComboBoxes with check boxes, and RadComboBox without check boxes.
I know I can use the data sources that populate the combo boxes, but I do not know if I can use the datasources for the RadDropDownTrees.

My question is can a RadDropDownTree be used as a parameter in reportViewer? And if so, how?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2013
1 answer
258 views
Hi,

I have an MVC application and pass ViewModels to the Object Data Source for my reports. All reports i've written are tabular, nothing complex. I now need to display a pie chart on my report.

Can I still use a view model for the data source? I've not found any examples anywhere of using pie charts this way, is it possible?

Thanks.
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2013
25 answers
903 views
I recently loaded and installed ALL of the Q2 2012 tools (premium subscription) and am now experiencing crashes all the time when designing reports.  Specifically the last 3 times it crashed this hour I was editing the Conditional formatting on the detail line of a report.  My OS is Windows 7 running on 64 bit and am using Visual Studio Premium and in this case Telerik Reporting 6.1.12.820 (Q2 2012).

I am just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  The only real difference between this and my previous install is the addition of the JustCode plugin.

Doug

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2013
5 answers
768 views
I have created a report in Visual Studio 2010. The Detail Section is a mixture of HtmlTextbox and Textbox items inside Panels to display the data.

Design View
In design view the Details section is made up of 5 Panels set to the width of the header items. Several HTML textboxes and texboxes were added in order to display the desired information. Some of the data does wrap to the next line. That's the reason for putting them all in Panels was because the data needs to stay tight to the grouped columns. I have tried to remove the panels and display just the data but I get the same issue.

Preview/Export/Etc
When viewing the report the data stays tight as expected. The attached screen shot I added a blue border to the detail section panels to show that the data does indeed stay constricted to the panel and the panels do not grow yet for some reason there is extra space causing the page to be wider than expected. If I change either the Port panel or the Status panel to be visible = false it does not have this extra space.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is widening the page like that. This is a huge issue because when you export to PDF it causes extra pages to be displayed in the report that contain nothing.

Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2013
1 answer
73 views
I am having problems locating the x-axis labelplacement step , so I can step labels every 4th item etc.

Any assistance would be great.
Thanks

Jason
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2013
1 answer
272 views
Hi there,

First let me preface this that I using Telerik Reporting Q2 2013 Internal Build v7.1.13.726.
When I try to instantiate run my report against an object data source that is tied to a repository pattern that is backed by code-first entity framework (which is the closest I've come to getting this to work) I receive this error. Any ideas where I should look to solve this error.
My app.config in the reporting project has the correct connection string defined for the DbContext so I'm a little confused.



Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2013
1 answer
187 views
We are using CRM 4.0 which requires IE to be run in compatibility mode.  If I put the meta tag

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

On my report viewer page then the reports will show up.  If that isn't there, then the page is empty except for the toolbar.  Problem is with that meta tag in place when the user navigates back to another CRM page then they don't display properly.

So, is there a way to turn that back off when a user leaves the reports page, or what modifications can I do so the report viewer will display correctly even if compatibility mode is enabled?

Thanks,
Adam


Edit:
Adding this to the windows.onload allows the reports to show.  Not sure if this is the best resolution, but it does work for now.
document.getElementById('ReportViewer1ReportFrame').style.width = '1000px';

Adam
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?