Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
77 views
Hi,
I am using Telerik Reporting Q2 2013. I need to create a report which should allow user to change the structure of table. In other word hide the unwanted columns, re-order the column as per selection. And also give ability to dynamically place the summary total/avg/max/min.

I think to achieve this, instead of making one predefined report, i have to make one blank report and fill the data from the code side. 

Is there any example in the site which i can take reference to complete my goal?

Thank you.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2013
1 answer
404 views

Is there any way to type my own list of parameter values for a specific parameter? Instead of using a datasource? ie. Yes, No,  or a list of items defined by me? Or would I simply have to do a SQL list of things (  SELECT 'Yes' As [option]  FROM ... WHERE .... UNION SELECT 'No' As [option] ..... )

Would be nice to do an items collection from the designer instead of forcing us to use a data set. 

Thanks

Jason
Fortech Energy, Inc.


BTW Posted in wrong thread, I need moved to "Report Designer" thread.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2013
5 answers
475 views
hello,

How can i define an alternating background color to telerik reporting table?

best regards
Marco Teodoro
Richard Newson
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2013
2 answers
252 views
I'm attempting to set up my report like the following:


Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 3

This is a bit confusing but basically I want Group 1 to have multiple children; group 2 and 3.  When I try to add a new child group in the group explorer it forces all child groups of its parent to become child groups of itself.

How can I setup a group with multiple children?
Ting-Yu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2013
1 answer
157 views
I have application that uses dynamic table that contains different test databases which have the same structure. I have defined report on one database. This report is used from web, and testers can add/change connection strings dynamically. I would like to simply replace connection string before render report.

Is there a simple way do that? Just apply connection string as report param? I cannot use any config file to store connection strings.
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Aug 2013
3 answers
170 views
Hi,
I need a help.

In telrik reporting i have to do export to excel.
My requirement is After getting exported to the excel sheet
if Lenght of value in the cell is greater than 6 then i have to display as 1 MM.
example 
    999,999 = 999,999
1,000,000 = 1.00MM
1,200,000 = 1.20MM

when i click on the cell it should display the exact value(unformated) in the formula bar.
MsExcel support Conditional formating but please help me to do this in telrik
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 27 Aug 2013
3 answers
262 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik Reporting control Q3 2010. I have loaded the report with chart and list of details. while taking printout in a network printer, it takes a lot of time. After analysis of the time delay, i found that it took a lot of memory to transfer data to the printer. Usually it takes more that 100 MB and higher corresponding to the report and takes more than 15  seconds to start printing. How to minimize the size of memory it takes and get the printout soon.

please suggest me how to rename the document name as well
 

Quick response would be highly appreciated.

FYI - Screenshot attached.
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2013
1 answer
86 views
Had a great time digging into the reporting tool but unsure how to get the example report below made.

Inline image 1

The trouble is I have 37 nutrients to show and they do not fit horizontally on a page so the page needs to repeat three times before it starts the next days food as I can fit a third of the 37 nutrients to a page as per above example draft.

Needs to have:
1. Date category
2. Nutrient category x 3 with nutrients 1-12 ,14-25 , 26-37 as there are too many nutrients on a page. How do I do this part????
3. Meal Category
4. Detail section/group

I have played around with crosstabs but repeats the data too many times? Might be doing it wrong.

I have successfully made a simpler version that fits on a page, see below, but if I need to add more nutrients what is the best way to do this?
 
Inline image 2
Inline image 3







Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
1 answer
174 views
Hello all,

I'm using the Reportviewer for Winforms 2013 Q2 release.  I have created a main report which uses subreports that are added dynamically.  I then have a report book which I add about 100 of these.  I have used the DocumentMap feature but my requirements are to have an external source that will navigate to a page where any of the 100 reports start on.

For example if Report 3 starts on Page 25, I need to be able to jump to page 25.  I know you can use the CurrentPage to set what page you want, but how do I get what page Report 3 is on?  I know the ViewMode would behave differently, so how can I use Bookmarks outside of the Reportviewer to access the report? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
20 answers
698 views
Currently I am using regular Telerik Reporting with a set of data objects along with a set of reports. I now wish to rehost the report designer so that the end user can customize this report. Ususally this means just adding 1-2 fields, changing logo, fonts, shades and rearrange all these so that they fit the document standards of their respective customers.

However, I do not offer these data as SQL Server.

Is it now possible to rehost the report designer in a custom WPF app based on CLR data objects?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?