Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
138 views
Hello Guys,
  Is it possible to create a Pie of Pie chart (like the one attached) using telerik reporting graph control?? 
  
  Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2013
4 answers
395 views
Hello,

  • I have two DropDownList on my page and based on the selected values of that, I generate the report.
  • I am passing the two values as parameters.
  • Now, I want the values of these two parameters in Report Header section to be printed along with the report when report is generated. 

     Please Help me to sort out the Problem..


Thanks,
Jaspreet        

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2013
1 answer
218 views

How do I link timeline labels or milestone indication to a line chart?

Attached a visualization from excel.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
6 answers
226 views
While my program is at void OnNeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)
I discover that my data is insufficient (just very few records to make it).... so how do I cancel the rendering process???.
looks like by just returning from OnNeeDataSource will not do it. I still get some empty rendering.

regards.
Wadigzon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
6 answers
204 views
Hi, we are having 2 issues after upgrading from Telerik Reporting Q3 2012 to Q2 2013 SP1.

1) We are programmatically changing the grouping in the NeedDataSource event for a report. In the event, the Telerik.Reporting.Group now returns null when the report is run and throws a NullReferenceException when accessed. Here is the code that works ok in Q3 2012 but fails in Q2 2013 SP1.  The code compiles ok but fails on the first line with a NullReferenceException.  Should we still be able to access the Group in this way?

group1.Groupings.Clear();
 
if (intervalGroup == "HalfHour")
{
    group1.Groupings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping[] {
            new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping("=dIntervalStart")
        });
    txtIntervalGroupLabel.Value = "=dIntervalStart";
    txtIntervalGroupLabel.Format = "{0:g}";
}
else
{
    group1.Groupings.AddRange(new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping[] {
           new Telerik.Reporting.Grouping("=dIntervalStart.Date")
        });
 
    txtIntervalGroupLabel.Value = "=dIntervalStart.Date";
    txtIntervalGroupLabel.Format = "{0:d}";
}


2) We also need to access the values of ReportParameters in the NeedDataSource event.  Accessing the ReportParameterCollection directly using the following syntax returns null for the parameter value after the upgrade to Q2 2013 SP1 but worked fine in Q3 2012:

string intervalGroup = ReportParameters["IntervalGroup"].Value.ToString();

We do have success accessing the parameter values by using the processing instance and then the Parameters property of that object:

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report report = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report)sender;
string intervalGroup = report.Parameters["IntervalGroup"].Value.ToString();

I just wanted to make sure that accessing the values of parameters through ReportParameters directly has been deprecated or made obsolete. Can you provide any info on this?

Thanks!
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
1 answer
86 views
We have a VB.NET installation of reports that use the Telerik Report Viewer.  They were designed to be opened and viewed in Safari on iPads and have so far been a great boon to our field team's productivity.  But all the BETA tests we have done using Apples new iOS7 have produced the same results: which is none.  We are able to view each report's individual page and can interact with the parameter drop downs at the top of the viewer, but when the report is supposed to render, nothing is produced.  It doesn't even appear as though it has processed any of the parameters (no processing animation).  The new iOS is set to be released by Apple on Sept. 10.  We are putting out a communication to our users that they must not upgrade until we find a solution, but there is little hope that everyone will be compliant on this.

Anyone else have this issue, and does anyone know a work around, or what the problem actually is?

Thanks,
Danny
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2013
5 answers
244 views
Hi
I have an application that uses ASP.NET forms authentication,
I store uploaded images in specific folders on the server which are restricted access with the following code in the web.config.
<location path = "myimages">
    <system.web>
        <Authorization>
            <deny users ="?"/>
        <Authorization>
    </system.web>
</location>

This works well in the application as the images are only viewable if the user has logged in and is authenticated.
However if I have a Picturebox on a report and try and bind it to one of the images in the restricted folder it fails,

The reports are stored in their own Project within the same solution as the main website.

Is there a way I can authenticate the reports so that I can access the images.

I hope I have explained the issue, but please ask if you need clarification

Thank You

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
1 answer
213 views
I have a report that I have to code that is pulled from 2 different tables. Both tables have the same data, but it's group a bit differently. I need sub totals for each category though. I also need a final total over all. Should I use sub reports or try to use groups? How can I do sub totals on groups?

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
3 answers
155 views
Hi,

I have to create a report using Telerik Reporting Q1 2011 which should be similar to the attached report . i am new to telerik controls so Can you guide me how to create the layout . I will assign the data source using code behind

thanks,
pankaj
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
1 answer
477 views
I do not see the Telerik reporting as an option in the add new item? I am using VS2012 trial version but we are getting the key next week. Is the trial version the issue? If not what could be causing this? Also, I reinstalled the Telerik reports and have VS2012 selected as the environment.
Thanks,
Charles
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?