Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
170 views
I have the option of SmoothLine set to true on my line series. How can avoid the wiggling on the line series? as shown on capture.jpg.

thanks for helping out.
Wadigzon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
1 answer
1.6K+ views
Hi, am trying to generate custom on the fly report with landscape or portrait orientation (user selection during runtime). The fields should auto adjust to the page size accordingly. Any idea how to accomplish this? 

Here's what I did without much success-
1. create a report with custom size (i.e. width 8.5 and length 11, default is portrait)
2. create panels for header and details. dock the fields to left or right of the panels. am assuming the fields should stick to the edges of panel if page resized
3. in code ... I did the following to change the orientation to landscape (didnt work)

 

 

.PageSettings.Landscape = True
.PageSettings.PaperSize = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Inch(11.0R), Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Inch(8.5R))
.Panel1.Width = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(10, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch)
.Panel2.Width = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(7, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch)
.Width = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Inch(11.0R)

Thanks.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
1 answer
99 views
Hi all;
I will like to know if there is a way to send parameters to my reportviewer and get the report refresh.
Thanks.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
1 answer
129 views
This one comes from your own documentation. Please take a look at this graph
http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/graphhowtocreatelinechart.html

now if you look at the legend, each series, has a marker: Blue Square for Accessories, Red Rhomboid for Clothing, and Green Circle for components. But those are not in the graph at all (no Square, no Rhomboid and no Circle can be found in the graph). So what's the point in showing those geometric figures in the legend when just a single line (no Square, no circle, no Rhomboid) will suffice?. Is there anyway to deactivate these geometric figures? and show just a single line on each legend?

thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
1 answer
294 views
Hi,

I want to know if Telerik Reporting works with NOSQL - CouchDB.
Are all the Reporting features available for NOSQL.

Thanks,

Sujit Karpe
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Sep 2013
2 answers
74 views
Hello,

We recently upgraded the reports to the Q2 2013 release in a project that was previously using Q1 2011. We carried out this update in our local and development environments without issue. However, in the production environment, we experienced some issues that did not come up in our other environments. The reports render fine if they are generated from code and sent to the browser, but, if they are generated using the report viewer control, the report structure renders (fields on the form show up in the correct place, and default values for fields, set in the designer.cs file, render, see screenshot here: http://screencast.com/t/CJKr3kWBntgk) but there is no data being loaded into the form. This persists when we export the report from the report viewer, exporting a report that has no data. This behavior occurs for every report in the system.

I introduced some logging into one of the reports, and reviewed the differences between one that is generated in the report viewer versus one that is generated in the code and output to the browser. There are about 3 times as many entries in the working report as the non working report. At first, I thought the NeedsDataSource event for the report may not be firing, but, it seems to be called in both cases. I've noticed that the detail_itemDataBound event is not getting called, nor are the NeedsDataSource events for my tables in my report. 

I would expect the report to fail in both places, if it was something with the report. It seems like this is environment dependent. There is nothing in the Event Viewer which suggests there is an issue here. Could this be related to our .NET version on our production server (we only have 4.0 on production, while in development we have 4.5.)? Has anyone run into similar issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Sep 2013
3 answers
538 views
i have a requirement of generating the columns dynamically for the telerik reporting table, i.e. i have a client configuration if the clients needs a column to be visible i need to display that as part of report, else that column as well as the space occupeid for that column also should not exist.

so i am dynamically generating columns as part of sql query. I will have several tables as part of the result set and i need to bind all the tables to the report except the first table

i have used the code provied by telerik team for dynamically creating the tables for report, in addition to that i have created a panel class to create panel's dynalically

my code is this:
objDS is my data set
for (int i = 1; i <= objDS.Tables.Count-1; i++)
  
{
  
   string strTableName = "Table" + Convert.ToString(i);
  
   string strPanelName = "Panel" + Convert.ToString(i);
  
   // Creating a dynamic panel for adding the Table.
  
   var panel = MyClass.Panel.CreatePanel(strPanelName);
  
   //creating the dynamic table for each table from the result set                
  
   var table = MyClass.Table.CreateTable(strTableName,
  
     unitType: UnitType.Pixel,
  
     locationX: 1,
  
     locationY: 1,
  
     width: 200,
  
     height: 20,
  
     rowHeight: 20,
  
     dataTable: objDS.Tables[i]);
  
   
  
//Creating the columns dynamically
  
for (int k = 0; k <= objDS.Tables[i].Columns.Count - 1; k++)
  
{
  
     table.WithColumn(objDS.Tables[i].Columns[k].ToString(),objDS.Tables[i].Columns[k].ToString(), 120);
  
   
  
}
  
// Creating the header group and body group data dynamically
  
for (int k = 0; k <= objDS.Tables[i].Columns.Count - 1; k++)
  
{
  
                        table.HeaderTextBoxes[objDS.Tables[i].Columns[k].ToString()].Style.BackgroundColor = Color.YellowGreen;
  
                        table.HeaderTextBoxes[objDS.Tables[i].Columns[k].ToString()].Style.BorderStyle.Default = BorderType.Solid;
  
                        table.BodyTextBoxes[objDS.Tables[i].Columns[k].ToString()].Style.BackgroundColor = Color.Yellow;
  
                        table.BodyTextBoxes[objDS.Tables[i].Columns[k].ToString()].Style.BorderStyle.Default = BorderType.Solid;
  
}
  
//adding the dynamically created table to the dynamically created panel.
  
panel.Items.Add(table);
  
//adding the panel along with table to the static panel created from report designer                 
  
this.reportPanel.Items.Add(panel);

The reason why i am creating dynamic panels is i dont know how many tables i will get as part of result set and i dont dont even know how many columns each table contains i.e. 1st table may have only 5 columns and the Nth table may have 10 columns. And i dont even know the position of the Dynamically created table to place in the report.

after table is generated i am adding the table to the dynamically created panel and all the dynamically created panels i am adding them to the panel which is from Reporting front end.

the code is getting executed perfectly can see the columns created and data binded with no exceptions, but in the report the table is showing this error

"An error has occurred while processing Table 'Table1': Missing operator before 'Required' operand"

no clue about this error, need help on this or if there is some other alrernative approach for my requirement please suggest.

Thanks,
NeelaKrishna

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2013
16 answers
2.9K+ views
I have an aspx page with a list of reports.  User clicks one of the report, this opens up a new window to load the report but I have only one report viewer attached on the form.  I want to use code-behind to load the selected report (being passed via URL parameter).  How do I in code behind, load the report using the report viewer control.  There is something about IReportDocument but I'm not sure how to use that to load the report in code behind.

Please show me a sample code, I'm using the latest Q12009 Telerik Reporting.

Thanks,
Kevin

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2013
7 answers
371 views
I have skipped a few releases with Reporting.  We have a solution which makes extensive use of textbox formatting based off of the data of each textbox.  This solution was developed in VS 2008 and last Telerik upgrade was to  6.0.12.215.  I have not touched it in months and works great in production.

I have some new reports to make, and have converted the project from VS 2008 to VS 2010, no errors reported.  Also installed Q1 2013 Telerik reporting this morning, no errors in the upgrade process.

Every existing format is now blank for the rule, though the rule still exists.  Every report has dozens of errors on build that all say:

"Type Telerik.Reporting.Data.Filter is not defined"

Format box looks like this, note the left side saying no rule.  There are 20 reports in the solution, each with 1-10 formatting options per textbox, with a few dozen textboxes per report.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a way I can recover all of the formatting work?

Juan Alchourron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Sep 2013
5 answers
377 views
I'm having quite a few problems styling a Telerik.Reporting.Chart object. The object itself was created using the designer, but the actual information for the chart, such as title, series, etc is filled in at runtime programmatically.

First of all, I was attempting to set the colors for different series in the following manner:
salesSeries.Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = Telerik.Reporting.Charting.Styles.FillType.Gradient;
salesSeries.Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.White;
salesSeries.Appearance.FillStyle.SecondColor = Color.Black;

But the colors are overridden by the style placed on the chart in the designer. However, if the FillType is set to Solid, I have no problems setting the color.

Second of all, I found this little oddity when trying to set the background color of the entire chart. When setting the background fill as so:
resultChart.Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = Telerik.Reporting.Charting.Styles.FillType.Solid;
resultChart.Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = Color.White;

It ended up using the default background from the skin. However, if I change "Color.White" to "Color.FromArgb(255,255,255)" (still white) it works properly.

Finally, how do you change the font size for the axis labels? My X-axis labels are a little too wide for the text that's in them and I need to shrink the font a little, but I couldn't find any way to do so.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?