Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
0 answers
138 views
I am having a problem that the design view of the report
doesnt match the actual report, any suggestions?
Shiraaz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Sep 2008
1 answer
99 views
Dear telerik team ,

i need to use the pie chart to represent the following

1- total target for user that's need to be the 100% of the chart (X)
2- the accomplished from the target  (Y)
3- the remainning from the target (Z=X-Y)

i need to do this by using sql data source biniding to the chart

i made select statment that selects the accomplished and remainng as 2 records so when i bind the chart it works but i have a proplem when the accomplished is greater than the target the chart give wrong representation

so i need to know the right way to use pie chart for this purpose
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2008
1 answer
282 views
DataTable table; // results from store procedure. 
IndicadoresDetalhado subReportDetalhado; //the sub report ReportSource. 
SubReport subReport; //the sub report. 
 
public IndicadoresBase(clsParametros pParametros) 
        { 
            InitializeComponent(); 
 
            string[] centrais = pParametros.param_central.Value.ToString().Split(','); 
 
            for (int i = 0; i < centrais.Length; i++) 
            { 
                pParametros.param_central.Value = centrais[i]; 
                table = clsRelatorio.RelatoriosIndicadoresGet(pParametros); 
                subReportDetalhado = new IndicadoresDetalhado(table); 
 
                subReport = new SubReport() 
                { 
                    Location  = new PointU(new Unit(0.0, ((UnitType)(UnitType.Cm))), new Unit(20.0 * i, ((UnitType)(UnitType.Cm)))), 
                    Name = "subReport", 
                    ReportSource = subReportDetalhado, 
                    Size = new SizeU(new Unit(28.7, ((UnitType)(UnitType.Cm))), new Unit(20.0, ((UnitType)(UnitType.Cm)))), 
                }; 
 
                this.detail.Items.Add(subReport); 
            } 
 
            ExibirParametros(pParametros); 
        } 
Hello.

In my report, I'm programatically adding news sub reports as much as I have data tables from the store procedure result set. All the code stuff is in the constructor of the base report, like the code above.

I know that probably that's the not best approach when working with sub reports, but the time that I codded that, that's the way I found to achieve my objectives.

The main problem is about layout. When viewing from browser, everything works fine. But, when I export my report to PDF, I cannot display a sub report per page, unless I change the 'Size' property of my subreport. Setting it to a value that fits on PDF display, the HTML display change, putting the subreports side by side.

What I want to know is if there is a way to display each sub report created per page. I mean, each time that i add a item to the main report, it creates a new page for it.

Thanks in advice.
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2008
4 answers
212 views
I have a report that has two filters. One is  a string and the second one is a datetime. My expressions look like this:
=Fields.PoolType =  =Parameters.PoolType and
=Fields.PoolDate =  =Parameters.Date

I am getting the parameter information from a datasource that is pulling it from a view.
The PoolType is a string and the PoolDate is a DateTime

I am trying to use reportviewer in an aspx project and I get the following error.

Cannot perform '=' operation on System.DateTime and System.String.


I tried it as a test in the windows application and it worked just fine without an error but I really need it as a web application.

Thanks

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2008
4 answers
362 views

Hi,

I’m trying to display some master-detail data on a report. I have designed two separate reports and linking the detail report to a sub report item in the detail section of the master report. But the detail report (for any master row) is always displaying the records related to the first master row. Code I’m using is similar to below. Can you please help solving this.

Thanks and regards,

Kushan

 

MasterReport  masterReport  =  new  MasterReport();

DataTable  masterDataSource  =  getMasterDataSource();

Foreach(DataRow drM  in  masterDataSource.Rows)

{

   FormatMasterRows(drM);

   DataTable  detailDataSource  =  getDetailDataSource(drM);

   If(detailDataSource.RowCount > 0)

   {

            DetailReport  detailReport  =  new DetailReport();

            Foreach(DataRow  drD  in detailDataSource.Rows)

            {

               FormatDetailRows(drD);

            }

            detailReport.DataSource  =  detailDataSource;

            masterReport.subReportItem1.ReportSource  =  detailReport;

            masterReport.subReportItem1.ReportSource  =  true;      

   }

   Else

  {

            masterReport.subReportItem1.ReportSource  =  false;

            masterReport.detailSection.Height  =  masterReport.detailSection.Height   -  masterReport.subReportItem1.Height;

  }

}

masterReport.DataSource  =  drM;

DisplayRepotViewer(masterReport);

Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2008
1 answer
371 views
Hi, on some reports with over 3000 records and heavy grouping I'm getting out of memory exception errors (after I updated httpRuntime executionTimeout="240" in web.config to stop the timeout errors). I notice in another thread you recommend setting app pool to "A value of 300 Mb used memory and default value for virtual memory" would this still be your recommendation and is there anywhere you can point me to to optimise and reduce the memory footprint in the report design?

cheers
Martin
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2008
1 answer
148 views
I can't show data from report in chart. All i've found to bind data from datasource to chart is chart.datasourceid but it doesn't exist. Is there any step by step manual how to show sql results in a chart?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2008
1 answer
134 views
Is it possible to have Adobe PDF as the only exporting format choice in the report viewer? 
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Aug 2008
2 answers
170 views
Hi,

  I published the web aplication with a telerik application, I copied all dlls
into bin folder but when it rendering, the page are blank.

  Have more files or configurations in the server?

  Thanks,
  Jose
Francisco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2008
1 answer
145 views
I am tring to figure out how to add multiple datasections onto a report.  I need it to be some thing like this.
Page Header
Detailsection 1
Detailsection 2
Page Footer

I want the detail sections to be seprate from each other.  I tried the copy paste trick that does not work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
JM
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?