Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
367 views
If a certain data field is blank, I want to surpress the caption text box and the data field text box to reclaim that space on the report.  Right now, I am using conditional formatting to hide the text boxes but blank spaces remain.

Is thare any way to surpress those items so the data element under them will move up and use that space?
NY Norton
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Sep 2008
1 answer
145 views
I have a simple report with a Page Header section and a Detail section.  The report shows only one row of data, however there is a LOT of text data to display.  There are approximately 7 text boxes in the detail section, and each might have a few paragraphs of text.  On average the text will span 3 or 4 pages (8.5 x 11) when printed. 

The problem I'm having is that the report is rendered as one long page with a single header/footer instead of 3 or 4 separate pages each with its own header/footer.

How can I get the report to render a page header/footer for each printed page?

Thanks
Jeremy
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2008
1 answer
212 views

Hello Guys,

I just started to play with the Barcode object and I love that it can utilize soo many barcode types but I was trying to find a way to use it in my winforms directly.

For example, I’d like to be able to pass in the barcode type, value, and have it give me a binary stream so I can save it elsewhere or show it in a picture box.

Is there any way to do this *without* creating a report, using a data source and using the report viewer?

I tried just about everything you can think of after following this example http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/programmaticexportingareport.html  but it seems to be a bit much just to export/view a barcode.

C# .NET 2008,
NET Framework 3.0,
Telerik Controls 2008 Q2 SP1

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2008
2 answers
124 views
I have try to create a label with the Reporting tool.  the problem that I am having is it is not listening to the margins I put. Also, one of the lines is not aligning to the left when it prints. It is aligned correctly when viewing it.

Click here
John Giblin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2008
1 answer
163 views
Hi Team,$0Can you please mention the maximum number of nested sub-reports or rather we can say levels of sub-reports that we can have in the reporting control?$0$0$0$0$0Thanks in advance.$0$0Vinay$0
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2008
11 answers
1.2K+ views
Hi, do you have any information on the 'The handle is invalid' error being generated by a Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Print call.  I use default settings in the PrintDocument Object.  The call only fails on a Windows 2003 machine, working flawlessly on a Windows XP machine.  I'm not sure what other info I can provide.

Geoff
Issa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2008
4 answers
214 views
I have a ReportViewer on a web page that is set up to view a specific report.   The report has a DocumentName of

= "ReportName-" + Format("{0:yyyy-MM-dd}", Now())

It returns something like ReportName-2008-09-08 when the report is exported.  If I do this on the page with the ReportViewer:

Page.Title = ReportViewer1.Report.DocumentName;

the page's title is set to the expression and not the expression after it is evaluated.  Is there any way to get the evaluated version of that expression in the page codebehind?  Is this a place where I should use a public user-defined function instead?  I'm new to playing with the
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2008
10 answers
362 views
I have the problem that the alignment in the design view doesnt match the alignment in the report itself, what could be the issue?

Craig
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Sep 2008
1 answer
120 views
Hi,

I would like to know that if it is possible that in 1 reporting textbox, can I put in data as well as text in it?

For example is in the textbox I want to put something like this.

ex: Thank you [=Fields.name] for coming. We have received your mail from [=Fields.email].

Is this possible to be done in 1 textbox rather than multiple textboxes?

Thanks.

Regards,
Eugene
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2008
2 answers
138 views
Hi,

My questions are how to apply the telerik Reporting with this Scenario.

  • We are developing the web application
  • We have 2 database servers development Database server and Production Database server
  • During development we will use the development database server when we deploy to Production will copy the website and change the connection string in web.config
  • Our developer able to design the report and preview in design time with the correct layout
  • After deploy the web application our developer don't have to change the database connection in the report manually it will use the connection string in web.config


After we try we got the problems below;

  • we can't preview the report if we using the connection string from the web.config have to use the wizard to generate the connection for us
  • if we use the wizard we don't know how to change the connection string manual at runtime
  • we need to recompile everything after change the connection string in the report when want to deploy to production server

The current solution

  • we are manual create the connection string by hardcode "see Code #1" it's give us the preview on design time

  • At runtime we rebind the data manual by take the connection string from web.config "see Code #2"  it's give us don't have to recompile the project when deploy to the server





below are the current source code we are using for the moment

    public partial class Report1 : Telerik.Reporting.Report  
    {  
        public Report1()  
        {  
            /// <summary> 
            /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support  
            /// </summary> 
            InitializeComponent();  
 
            sqlSelectCommand1 = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand();  
            sqlDataAdapter1 = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter();  
            sqlConnection1 = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection();  
            sqlConnection1.ConnectionString =  
                "Data Source=Develop_telerik;Initial Catalog=insurance;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=rYnI@6%33$3kdnOOk";  
              
            sqlSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM TelerikReport";  
            sqlSelectCommand1.Connection = sqlConnection1;  
            sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand = sqlSelectCommand1;  
            this.DataSource = sqlDataAdapter1;  
 
        }  
    }  
} 

[Code #1]


above the code inside the report
It's gave us the preview in design time


         System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand sqlSelectCommand1;  
         System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter sqlDataAdapter1;  
         System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection sqlConnection1;  
         Report1 _report1 = new Report1();  
 
         sqlSelectCommand1 = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand();  
         sqlDataAdapter1 = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter();  
         sqlConnection1 = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection();  
         sqlConnection1.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["TelerikConnectionString"].ToString();  
 
         sqlSelectCommand1.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM TelerikReport";  
         sqlSelectCommand1.Connection = sqlConnection1;  
         sqlDataAdapter1.SelectCommand = sqlSelectCommand1;  
 
         _report1.DataSource = sqlDataAdapter1;  
 
         ReportViewer1.Report = new Report1(); 

[Code #2]


above are the code in the ReportView page








Any ideas, to improve the development time or anyone has the sample project like this.

Kind Regards,
Kwan

Thevodka
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Sep 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?