Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
117 views
How can i code at c# for the visibility function of one row in one report or one sub report in master reports


Example:

1. Sub Report Problem: 
    if there is no data the sub report should not be visible in master report that compose of many sub reports

2. Report only: 
    if there is no data in one data field the data field and caption should not be shown.







Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2008
1 answer
131 views
I am trying to make report in dotnet nuke .Is there any restriction that the cs file which inherits from 'Report' need to be in any nuke folders or in any apcode folder of the solution?

I did put one file under solution itslef and inherited from 'Report' . But I am not getting the telerik report designer to design my report layout.

Please help me with proper ideas

Thanks,
Jiss
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2008
1 answer
137 views
I am trying to recreate the pulldown checkbox menu as seen in your parameterized report lesson outside the viewer...  Could you please let me know how to recreate it?  Thank you. 
Sasa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Sep 2008
1 answer
165 views
Hello,

I have a 2 bar charts as sub reports in my main report. When I export it in rdf it works fine and I can Open it (I have MS Word 2003).

But when we try to export the report into rtf on another PC that we have MS Word 2000 the Chart does not render correctly, it seems that it is enlarged.

Is there any issue with the exporting reports with charts into rtf when you have MS Word 2000.

Regards,
Mehdi
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi

I have a couple of tables which allows my customers to create their own reports based on whatever they would like.

This means that rows and columns are specified directly from a database.

Currently i generate a HTML table which they can then print.
(Very easy to create an extra <td>)

However i would love to change this to Telerik Reports, due to easy Excel and PDF generation.

Is there any easy way to transform this Table of data into a report ?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2008
1 answer
257 views
I have recently purchased Telerik Reporting Q2 2008 and created a few reports using the report viewer in a WebForm. The way I have things working as of now, I had to updated my project's Web.config file with the changes shown below. Are there other ways of deploying Telerik Reporting such that no changes are needed in the Web.config file? My product's upgrade process does not deal gracefully with changes to the Web.config and we have > 100 customers who would need to deal with manual Web.config updates if we were to release an updated Web.config file. Aren't there other ways of achieving the same end as the changes shown below? Is there a standard generic answer to my deployment-related question?

Thanks!
-Eric

  <httpHandlers>
   <add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=2.8.8.723, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" validate="true"/>
  </httpHandlers>
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2008
3 answers
192 views
I am using reporting 2008 Q2 and I am having problems when trying to move elements on my report. It seems I have to hold the leftclick on my mouse for a second or three before the textbox becomes movable. I am not sure if this a performance issue with my computer or if there is another thing at work. Any comments?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2008
3 answers
193 views
Hello.

I used the webReportViewer control to show report on my page. Generating to pdf takes some memory and when the opration is complete it does not dispose it. After generating for exapmle 4 or 5 pdf's the memory cost is 400MB (50 page report).

Is there some solution to free some memory after gnerating pdf or excel??

Does report engine use session to store internal data or variables ??
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2008
1 answer
83 views
Hi All,

Need your help guys.

Can anybody please let me know that, is there any 
Utilities or Tools
for Crystal Report where I can fit 60 Characters in a 40 characters
text box without changing the font size vertically ?

This means that, font will get narrower or compressed and adjust automatically based upon the width size of the text box .

I am using Visual Studio 2005 and I want the Utilities on VB2005 (FW 2.0)

Urgent.

from
Mayukh
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2008
12 answers
394 views
Hi,
 I am using vs2005, reporting Q1 2008 trial downloaded from component
source.

I have a web application running on my dev pc which works correctly. When
I deploy it to my w2k iis web server I get the following error:

<add path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=2.5.8.519, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" validate="true"/>

Web App Config:
- handler above exists in the web.config as it was added automatically.


Refences in VS2005:
- Telerik.reporting, reporting.interfaces, reporting.processing and reportviewer.webforms
  set to Local.

Application structure:
- Main menu application (web.config)
   - bin folder
        - Telerik sub application (web.config this file contains the handler)
            - bin folder
        - Delivery note sub application
            - bin folder

All dll's are copied to the top bin folder as it is necessary to get the app to work.
The handler is is in the sub application.

Web Server:
- W2k3 IIS with the latest patches etc.
- Using windows authentication (basic).

Any ideas why I get this error on the server but not local pc?

Regards,

Graham O'Riley
Netdocs Plc

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?