Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
83 views
guys$0$0$0$0$0$0$0Is there a way to OR report filters rather than always ANDing them $0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0thanks$0$0kevin$0
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2008
1 answer
150 views
I noticed that the Telerik report generated through wizard does not print column headings on every page but only on first page. How does one expect the end user to know which column is being shown on second or third or fourth page ? It's a bad feature in Telerik reports.

Reports should be user-friendly, and not make things confusing for an end user.
SUNIL
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 13 Sep 2008
5 answers
180 views
in my reportviewer aspx page I have a button GO and in the onbuttonclick event I reload my report, I also load my report on page_load event, the report shows on the first time I visit the page( page_load) but if I click the GO button, the report data dissapeared and there is only background left.

My report is a master report with 3 subreports and I set the datasource of these 3 subreports with dataset I got from our data access layer.  (I do not think this matters since the first visit it works). Debug shows that the buttonOnclick event get triggered and the loadMyReport function get called again. 


Code Snippet:

    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            LoadMyReport();
      }
    }

    protected void ButtonGo_OnClick(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
    {
        LoadMyReport();
    }

    private void LoadReportNotifStatus()
    {

        this.ReportViewer1.Report = null;
        DataSet ds = getDataSet1();
        DataSet ds2 = getDataSet2();
        DataSet ds3 = getDataSet3();

        rptMyMaster rptMaster = new rptMyMaster();
        rptMaster.SetSubReportDetailDataSource(ds);
        rptMaster.SetSubReportSummaryDataSource(ds2);
        rptMaster.SubReportChartDataBind(ds3);
        this.ReportViewer1.Report =rptMaster;
    }

    thanks in advance.
-phelix

phelix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Sep 2008
1 answer
151 views
We are still using reporting 2.0.1.0 on our production site. 

Telerik reporting has worked flawlessly since implemented.  We couldn't be happier with the features.

We just tested however with IE 8 and Chrome and both are rendering with a lot of white space with the same structure.  IE 7 and FF 2 & 3 display as intended.  Is this something fixed in the latest release?  What we are seeing is that instead of the report being "full screen" within the report viewer, it gives about 3 inches of white space (padding) all the way around (perhaps 4-5 inches at the top), making the report in basically a new window about 2 inches high with scroll bars.  This odd window is below the bottom of the ie window so users just see the reportviewer menu bar then white space.

Any suggestions would be appreciated


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2008
3 answers
163 views
Is there a way to adjust the paging in the Telerik Reports. For example can I have it display 300 records, or not use paging at all.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2008
8 answers
491 views
Is it possible to create an embeded SQL statement that is created based on what the user selects, and then attaching it as the datasource to the report?

Something like:

string SQL = "Select CustomerID, CustomerName from Customer where CustomerID = 1 and CustomerID = 3 and CustomerID = 8"

report1.datasource = SQL;
tony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Sep 2008
4 answers
322 views
I have some input box which allow user input data, and then I create dynamic SQL select command , How do i put my SQL select command back to Report (such like reportviewer1...), and force this report to Fill data? I can not use parameter for SQL because these input data is too complicate. 

tony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Sep 2008
1 answer
129 views
When I am using the telerik report viewer and filling it with a dataset using a stored procedure, do I need to close the connections when the person leaves the page or is it done automatically with report viewer. I just want to know if I have to handle that so I dont put a big load on the server because a bunch of reports were ran and not closed. Also what do I need to do that.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2008
1 answer
116 views
Hi,
This wont work! :(
ASPX:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 
            //Response.Write(TaskBL.GetSimpleReport(PageInfo.CurrentObjectId).Count.ToString()); 
 
            PPS.Report.SimpleTaskReport rep = new SimpleTaskReport(); 
            rep.ObjectId = PageInfo.CurrentObjectId; 
            ReportViewer1.Report = rep; 
 
        } 

REPORT.CS:
public partial class SimpleTaskReport : Telerik.Reporting.Report 
    { 
        public Guid ObjectId { get; set; } 
 
        public SimpleTaskReport() 
        { 
            /// <summary> 
            /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support 
            /// </summary> 
            InitializeComponent(); 
 
             
            TaskBL taskBL = new TaskBL(); 
            this.DataSource = taskBL.GetSimpleReport(ObjectId); 
 
        } 
} 

The report isn't showing any result.
(but the response.write says 14)

Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Sep 2008
1 answer
124 views
Is there a way of disabling visible property of a field?
I couldn't see anything in conditiaonal formating.

For example in an invoice when there is no order number then the invoice would lok much cleaner if this is not displayed.



Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?