Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
259 views
Hi,

I have downloaded the Trial version of TelerikReporting Q2 2008 today.
I have launched the setup. It ask me to specify a Sql server instance. But what this mean : do I have necessarily Sql Server 2005 installed on my machine for run Telerik reporting ? (I have a server Windows 2003 with Sql Server 2000).
I have try to do this:

1. I have try to run setup installing "Examples" but at the end of the setup it gives me this error :
Error -2147217865 : failed to execute SQL string...
So the software is not installed (a rolling back is done)

2.  I have try to run setup without installing "Examples" (so the setup don't ask me the sql server instance name), but at the end of the setup it gives me this error :
H2reg.exe
MS help 2.x runtime files are not installed on this pc
At the and of the setup process a windows shows that the Setup is completed, the checkbox "Launch Telerik Reporting" is selected, then I press "Finish" but the software don't start (it seems that the software is not installed on my pc).In fact, if I open :
Start->Programs->Telerik->Reporting Q2 2008->
I only see the entry "Uninstall".
Can you help me please?

Thanks,
regards,
Maurizio
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2008
2 answers
102 views
Hi all,

I'm new to telerik reporting and telerik controls in general, but did a lot .NET the last years.

I just made my first report. I have enabled the localizable property, and I have two cultures. The default and German.

I the designer i shows fine, but when I preview it through the reportviewer control on a webform and changes the culture and uiculture in the thread, when I select the german culture, it increases the font.
It's really weird.

The only difference between the two resx files is one textbox values text. I'm just testing it right now.

The localization part works perfectly. Really smooth approach! I hope this last part can be solved easily too.

Any ideas what this could be?

Kind regards,

Morten, Denmark
Morten Louw
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2008
1 answer
259 views
I glanced briefly at the telerik solution for grouping a report by month by using a custom DateTime object. I then decided to just try adding a column to my select command that would would return the month/year as a string as in:

RIGHT('00' + CAST(DATEPART(mm, TestDate) AS varchar(2)), 2) + CAST(DATEPART(yyyy, TestDate) AS varchar(4))

example: 092008

I then grouped by this and seems to work fine.
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2008
2 answers
120 views
I was going along fine working on my report in the designer and everything was working. Then I attempted to change the fill query on my report XSD. Now I kee running into connection issues. Whenever I try to change anything I get the following error:

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file ...... Database1.mdf failed.

Ifound found all kinds of posts all over the net with frustrated developers. I am not using asp.net. This is a standard win forms app using the latest Telerik Reporting component. The report and xsd are in a separate project as per the documentation.

Any ideas?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2008
4 answers
324 views
hi I have a RadGrid that gets data from an objectdatasource. At runtime I have manipulated the data represented in RadGrid by applying some filters and groups.

Now I want to export the data in RadGrid (with current filters and groupings applied) into a Tererik Report which is placed in a Telerik Report Viewer on an .aspx page.

is there a convenient way to achieve this?

thanks in advance
Bruno
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Sep 2008
1 answer
515 views

what datetime functions does =now() support, i was trying to set a parameter default value to =now().AddDays(-1).Date but now() does not seem to return a true datetime. Is there a way to do this



thanks
kevin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2008
1 answer
204 views
I have a list of about 20 reports that I need to read from. Right now, they are all Crystal Reports, but I am going to convert them to telerik reports. I have seen that I should make a class library for all the reports(is this the best thing for web applications?) but The question I have is... Is there a way I can set up the reportviewer(will be an aspx page) so it can take a value(one of the reports) depending on certain criteria. Right now, I have only seen that you set the Report property to the report you want, but I would like it to change depending on a querystring or something else. Does anyone know of a way of doing this. Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Sep 2008
2 answers
206 views
Hi,

I've been creating some subreports, and I've got a weird problem crop up.  I've added the subreport control to the master report, but the ReportSource dropdown isn't listing one of my new subreports.  I cannot for the life of me see why this is at all.  Other subreports I created show up fine.

My machine has both Reporting Q3 2007 and Report 2008 Q2 latest build on it. 

Has anyone experienced this problem?
Paul Buxton
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Sep 2008
5 answers
165 views
I have a button and a reportviewer inside of an updatepanel on a page.  When the page initially loads, my report shows up fine.  When I click on the button and a partial postback is done, the report is gone and all I can see is the reportviewer toolbar.  What do I need to do to ensure that my report displays after the button click?
Fani
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2008
1 answer
119 views
We are pulling data that has been saved from teh RadEditor Control into our Report.  Unfortunately it is displaying HTML tags along with it e.g,:


<br/>


Is there a way to have the Report display as html?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?