Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers
85 views
Hi i have a report where i show multiple information on a specific article.

Sales price :      10,00
Cost price           2,00
Comment:             Hi
Stocked amount: 120


The report looks something like the above just with more fields.
The thing is i dont want to show the comment line (nor the cost price) if they are empty and just making it invisible will make the report look wierd with holes.
So what i want is the stocked amount/comment to move up if something above is set to invisible.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Nov 2008
1 answer
165 views
Hi,

Is it possible to have some guidance on how one can create reports without using the built in Wizards? All the existing documention seems to be pointing heavily toward wizard-driven development, which is causing me immense problems. All our data access, for example, is through our own custom classes calling stored procs in SQL Server and not through MSDataSetGenerator objects or whatever it is that the wizard puts in your classes for you. The Query Builder doesn't seem to support direct calls to sprocs either, which makes matters more awkward.

Any help very gratefully appreciated!

cheers,
Matt
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Nov 2008
3 answers
400 views
Like the report has 3 pages, how do I make it so that it will just be previewed on one long page?

And how can I pass the pagecount from the report to another form?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2008
1 answer
640 views
=Fields.[calculation_bruttoAvance] + "(" + Format("{0:0.00}",Fields.[calculation_bruttoAvanceProcent]) + ")" 


a

I would like to do something like the above within the value field of a Telerik.Reporting.Textbox, however it gives me an error.
Is this not possible or am i doing something wrong with the syntax ?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2008
2 answers
117 views
I just loaded Q3 2008 version of Telerik reporting and am adding a report to the App_Code folder of my ASP.NET app.  All that happens is that a regular c# file gets added and the report wizard doesn't load, nor does the designer load when I double-click the report file, only the C#.  I'm running VS 2008 SP1 on Windows Vista Business.  I had 2008 Q2 installed, but replaced it with this.  Q2's features worked fine.  I tried removing and re-installing Q3, but the same behavior occurs... is there something I can do/check to make this work?

(I realize the subject is wrong... I typed 2003 instaed of 2008... sorry)

Thanks.
Marty
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2008
3 answers
154 views
I am evaluating Telerik Reporting and I am very close to purchasing the product, however I do have an issue. My issue is that my business objects do not have public parameterless constructors and I would prefer to keep it that way. Would it be possible for support for private parameterless constructors to be added?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2008
1 answer
163 views
I would like to upgrade my Telerik Reporting Q2 to the latest Q3.  I have invested a lot of time creating customized reports using TR Q2 and am concerned of potential problems if I upgrade to Q3 as in my stuff may not work. :-)  I have never upgraded Telerik Reporting in the past so was wondering if there are any special considerations that I should take into account before plunging into the upgrade process. 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2008
4 answers
528 views
Here is my setup.
I have a webpage that contains a viewer.  When a user request this page, the code will call a web service. This webservice contains many classes that each contain data that needs to be shown on the web page, so I have the code creating a datatable from the specific fields I need for the report.  I then want to set the report's datasource to this datatable.  Currently it is only showing 2 records, and the report is created with 2 records, but no data is visible in the fields.

Here is the code from the page.load event for the page containing the report viewer:
            Me.CreatePickTicketColumns()  
            Me.GetPickTickets()  
 
            Dim subRpt As Telerik.Reporting.Report = New TelerikReports.PickTicketDetail  
            Dim mainRpt As Telerik.Reporting.Report = New TelerikReports.PickTicket  
 
            mainRpt.DataSource = Me._dtPickTicketHdr  
            Me.ReportViewer1.Report = mainRpt 

The GetPickTickets method is calling the web service and adding rows with specific data to the datatable that is getting set as the datasource for the main report.  The web service call will also create the datatable for the subreport but I haven't coded that yet since I cannot get the header data to display yet.

I can send the project since it is quite small but you probably would not have access to the webservice.

Thanks. 
James
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2008
1 answer
199 views
Only the first textbox seems to get added.
Like
for (int x=0;x<5;x++){
    Telerik.Reporting.TextBox tbx = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();
    tbx.Value = x.ToString();
    headersection.Items.Add(tbx);
}

Help me plz
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2008
1 answer
249 views

this is my formula :

'This is to certify that' + ' ' + CStr(Fields.last + "," + Fields.first) + ' ' + 'with PagIBIG ID no.' + ' ' + Fields.[id_pag] + ' ' + 'has been working with us from' + ' ' + Fields.[eff_date].date + ' ' + "to present. The Pag-IBIG  premium deducted from his/her period of employment with us were remitted with the employer's as follows:"




This is to certify that SurName,First Name with PagIBIG ID no. 5676576545435 has been working with us from "1/1/2006 12:00:00 AM" to present. The Pag-IBIG premium deducted from his/her period of employment with us were remitted with the employers as follows

the bold text output should be Jan 1, 2006  and not display also the time




Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?