Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
113 views
Hi,
Can anybody explain me how to use IN parameter in filter option.
I want to set through coding.
say for eg I set FilterExpression as Society_id and value 26,27 and operator IN
Finally adding this to report by filter.add
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2008
1 answer
395 views

Requirements

RadControls version

Q3 2008
.NET version

3.5 SP1
Visual Studio version

2008 SP1
programming language

ASP.NET, C#
browser support

all browsers supported by RadControls


PROJECT DESCRIPTION
I have created a project to demonstrate how to have a n-Tier hierarchy (data layer, class library, web app) and use the Telerik Reports. This demo allows the user to pass in a parameter to the constructor of the report, which can then be used to retrieve data from the backend database. Currently the dataset is created manually for demo purposes but this could be extended easily to bring back data from SQL server. Also this demo illustrates the use of a SQL Server Session state and a unique Machine key for your web app. To use this functionality you need to run aspnet_regsql.exe against your database to generate the necessary tables for asp.net to use a database backend for credentials and session state.

the 3 relevant lines of code to change in the web.config (excluding the addition of a connection string entry, are

<sessionState mode="SQLServer" allowCustomSqlDatabase="true" sqlConnectionString="ADD YOUR SQL CONNECTIONSTRING HERE" cookieless="UseCookies" timeout="60" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true"/> 
... 
<machineKey validationKey="ADD YOUR VALIDATION KEY HERE" decryptionKey="ADD YOUR DECRYPTION KEY HERE" validation="SHA1"/> 
... 
<authentication mode="Forms"> 
</authentication> 
 


Hope this helps someone as it took me a while to get this working the way I wanted it to.

Aniket
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2008
1 answer
147 views
Hi,
Is there any way to show a RadTreeView in Telerik ReportViewer, because I want to print a TreeView using the ReportViewer?

Regards,
Lyudmil Dimitrov
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2008
4 answers
1.2K+ views
Using the report writer Q2 2008, I have the following text box which works when there is a value in the date, but errors when there is not.

="Change Date " + Fields.ChangeDt.ToString("dd MMM yyyy")

I would like to make the entire textbox invisible, or have it ignored when the value ChangeDt is null or empty.

How can this be done?

Thanks
Mike Thomas
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hi

I'm new user of telerik controls, recently I have been working with telerik reporting. I'm using Visual Studio 2005, .Net Framework 2.0 is a web application with AJAX functionality. And my questions are the following:

Is there a way to sort a subreport by user input, that user can select the column and the order he desires to be sorted?
Also can this be accomplished by using parameters or any other means?

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2008
6 answers
521 views
Hi

I want to know if there is a programatic way to creating charts on the Telerik Reporting Suite. I have tried the winforms documentations that gives a very clear indication on how to , but the problem is that the methods and object declarations are diferent in the reporting suite.

And if so can you please point me to a doc or tutorial

Thank you
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2008
5 answers
386 views
Hey, there... I'm trying to build a report, including charts, to display a series of metrics. The X-axis values on my charts are to be dates. I've set the format of the values on that axis to be a short date, and I'm trying to use the Chart.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn to get the values from the data source I'm using. Unfortunately, all I'm getting is zeroes for each column. Here's the code in my NeedDataSource handler:

private void ByDateChart_NeedDataSource(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart chart = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart;
           
            DataRowView dataItem = (DataRowView)chart.DataItem;
            sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet);
            DataView view = dataSet.Tables[0].DefaultView;
            chart.DataSource = view;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.MaxItemsCount = view.Count;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.MaxValue = view.Count;
            ByDateChart.PlotArea.XAxis.MinValue = 0;
        }

Any advice? Even some general info on using dates as value labels along an axis would be helpful.
Mike Trill
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2008
1 answer
164 views
Like when I'm passing a parameter from a report to its sub-report, how do I get the value being passed? Coz I need to use the parameter value in a sub-report code.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2008
1 answer
166 views
Hi,

I'm not using Report Generation Wizards because I need to hook my reports up to a custom data source. Telerik kindly pointed me at the appropriate documentation to help with this but now I've hit another snag: I don't know how to add data-bound items and text items to the report using the designer interface. Is there any way to do this, and if not, can someone point me at some documentation to show me how it's done programatically?

EDIT: I've managed to add a box programatically, but with bound field boxes I'm getting the message "An error has occured while processing TextBox 'textBox1': The expression contains object 'adID' that is not defined in current context". What's going on here? There's a dataset being called and bound in the codebehind of the report object.

Cheers,
Matt
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Nov 2008
4 answers
183 views
Hi, I've installed the latest download trial but can't find the project upgrade wizard.

Anyone else had this problem.

Regards,

Graham O'Riley
Netdocs Plc
Graham O'Riley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Nov 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?