Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
241 views
Hello Telerik:

I am working with telerik Report and I have created several reports. Well i would like to export in xml one of them in order to be used for another applications.

I have read in the features of the component that can be done, but  I don't find where this documentation is .

Can you advise me ?


Any help would be appreciate.
Thank you. Pablo.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2008
1 answer
222 views
With VS 2008 and maybe in VS 2005 using the Microsofts reporting tools (Reportviewer, RDLC) you have the option to toggle the visibility of a control based on action taken on another control.  For example I can have a lable that represents "collapse" or "Expand" when user clicks on that label you can wire it up to toggle the visibility of another control such as a subreport.  Telerik support this functionality?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2008
3 answers
427 views
Dear all ,

Can any one help me plz , Ineed to display Crystal report In telerik report viewer
.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2008
7 answers
237 views
iam Using the Telerik Windows report But I Had a Problem When I Using It  , The Problem is Disturbing and It is : -
Delayed the loading of the report in the Windows Application .
How i Can Solve It ?
Please help me quickly ...
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2008
1 answer
360 views

What would be the most optimized way to resize an image for a PictureBox in Itemdatabound or itemDatabinding for a report?  I have quite a few images and am tying not to have to manually resize them.

I seem to be missing something

 
        private void detail_ItemDataBound(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection procDetail = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection;  
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.PictureBox procPictureBox = procDetail.Items["pictureBox1"] as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.PictureBox;  
 
            DataRowView row = procDetail.DataItem as DataRowView;  
 
            string strPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(@"~\Img\Product\" + (string)row["ProdImgLRes"]);  
            using (Bitmap bmpIn = new Bitmap(System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(strPath)))  
            {  
                int w = bmpIn.Width;  
                int h = bmpIn.Height;  
 
                int intWidth = 90;  
                int intHeight = (int)(h * intWidth) / w;  
 
                Bitmap bmpOut = new Bitmap(intWidth, intHeight);  
 
                using (Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(bmpIn))  
                {        
                    g.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.HighQualityBicubic;  
                    g.DrawImage(bmpOut, 0, 0, intWidth, intHeight);  
                }  
 
                MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();  
                bmpOut.Save(ms, ImageFormat.Bmp);  
 
                procPictureBox.Image = Image.FromStream(ms);  
            } 

Thanks,
Dave

 

 

rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Nov 2008
3 answers
197 views
I recently took over a machine from the developer that was using the Telerik RadControls for Ajax and Telerik Reporting controls.  I attempted to open the examples installed in this directory: C:\Program Files\Telerik\Reporting Q2 2008\Examples\VB\ by clicking on the solution file.  I used both VS2005 professional and VS2008.  Each attempt gave me the following errors.

The application for project 'C:\Program Files\Telerik\Reporting Q2 2008\Examples\VB\WinDemo\VB.WinDemo.vbproj' is not installed.
Make sure the application for the project type (.vbproj) is installed.

I also received the error for these projects:
WebDemo
VB.ReportLibrary.vbproj

So I uninstalled Telerik Reporting and downloaded it again, and re-installed.  No errors or warnings were observed during the installation.  I then attempted to open the same solution with VS2005 and VS2008 with the same results.
My OS is Windows XP with SP3.

Thanks!
Moon
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Nov 2008
1 answer
85 views
Is it a bug or a design limitation of the Trial version that I cannot either print or save a report in PDF format?

Tariq Changgez
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Nov 2008
1 answer
141 views
Hi

I have been working with charting for telerik reporting, and I have to render a chart for each row in the report. The chart should display values depending on the values of the row. Is there a way to know the value of the row when the NeedDataSoourcet event of the chart is called?? or can I change the datasource of the Chart in the ItemDataBound or ItemDataBinding events of the detail section?? or Can this be accomplished by any way?

Thanks in advance.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Nov 2008
3 answers
209 views
Is there an easier more direct way to get those values from a RadGrid and apply those to the Report? Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Nov 2008
1 answer
302 views
Hi,

I'm trying to add a UI element to my report allowing users to select columns in the report to use for sorting.

Following the documentation I have successfully enabled the Parameters area in the report and a drop-down box duly appears containing the expected values. However, on first rendering the report a red circle appears next to the drop-down saying "invalid value" and no data appears in the report. First question is: how can I ensure unsorted values appear by default in the report as it loads?

More confusingly, although the report will successfully "preview" once a sort field has been selected, no sorting actually seems to occur. I've been messing around with the sort property of the report and I can't seem to get the syntax right to enable sorting. What I want to happen is for the ValueMember of the drop-down box DataSource to become the field used for sorting the data (the strings are identical) .. how can I achieve this?

(It's probably worth mentioning that some of the field names contain spaces, and the syntax I need for this is also confusing me ... is it Fields.fieldname with space or "Fields.fieldname with space" or Fields.[fieldname with space] or something else?)

Is there any way of getting a parameter from an external object - say a querystring on the page containing the ReportViewer and the passing it down to the report that the viewer is loading?

Cheers,
Matt
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?