Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
404 views
Hi,

I have a report, the detail part of the report is consisted by six different panel and it is pretty long, I know I won't be able to show the whole detail part within one  page, I have set Keep Together property of Detail to false, I have a very short report header and page header won't show in the first page, I support the detail section should start right after the report header on the first page and break somewhere and the rest part should continue on the second page.  I am pretty sure the first panel in the detail section is small enough to fit into the first page.  However, detail section always start from the second page.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,
 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2008
3 answers
231 views
Hi Support,

I am new to Reporting Service. I want to know what is the best approach for maximizing the performance with Telerik Reporting.

Currently I am working on a project, "Report Module". Initially, I was displaying data in RadGrid Control with Linq. The performanace is satisfied. But, it doesn't look good when user wants to print the result out.  That's why I decided to use Telerik Reporting instead which can produce WYSIWYG elegantly.

What I want to do is, I would like to keep my application in Linq. How can I pass the data from linq to the datasource in Reporting class library dynamically? Most of my reports have several parametters.

Please advise,
Sandy


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2008
1 answer
92 views
Hi, I would like to know how to configure multi colums in ASP.NET !!!

 I need configure a number of days in month as a number of textbox.

 If someone knows how to do this, please tell me how !!

 Thank's.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2008
1 answer
146 views
Dear my friends ,

i have a big problem !
i have a project in VS2008 and i'm using telerik reporting

in my project i have a button in page that when clicked execute this code


        Dim report As New Bills
     
        ReportSqlDataSource.SelectCommand = "...."


        report.DataSource = ReportSqlDataSource
 
       Dim printdlg As New System.Drawing.Printing.PageSettings
        Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Print(report, printDlg.PrinterSettings)

when i start my application using VS2008 embeded web server my programm working Nice !
but when i create a virtual directory in IIS and point it to my program dir my application not work!
when i click on this button my application not responding any thing and after a while i got timed out error !

what is the problem??
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2008
1 answer
91 views
I just passed the parameters through wizard, I have 2 dropdown list and one button.By selecting the values in 2DDL and click on the button the report has to generate  but, I'm unable to refresh the report. After selecting the values in ddl the report is displaying the initial values only. i'm unable to get the selected value. 
I just followed the below link to do this report. I want to generate report using Web app not on windows.
http://www.telerik.com/ClientsFiles/product.videos/28/ 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2008
3 answers
196 views
I am creating a pdf report programmatically to be sent as an email attachment in my app. The reports work fine on my development machine (XP), however when I run it on a Vista test machine, only the header, footer, and one group label shows up on the report. This seems to have something to do with the size of the report since the group label did not show either until I reduced the width of the page.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
John
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2008
3 answers
145 views
Hello,

    I'm trying to generate report programatically using parameters(in web application), But right now I'm able to develop a report only through wizard.
Is it possible to generate a report programatically.

Could you please provide me any link or video for this issue.

Its urgent.

Thnaks & Regards,
Balu.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2008
1 answer
405 views
We our currently trying to convert several of our reports from Crystal to Telerik.  On several of our reports, we have a retrieve a data item from the database that contains HTML markup.  Is there any way to preserve that markup and have it displayed on the report?  

textbox:       [=Fields.userProfileInfo]

In Crystal, we had a property that identified the input text format and so it was rendered properly.
ie: Text Format - crHTMLText or crStandardText

Thanks you,
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2008
4 answers
213 views
Hi there,

In the features section of telerik reporting it states the following:

"You can databind Telerik Reporting to Business Objects, XML, Web Services and any ADO.NET datasource..."

Can you direct me to some documentation on how to connect to a Web Service and then use the results of that web service with your reporting tools? As i can't find anything in the help file i downloaded.

Thanks

Dave
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2008
1 answer
102 views
hello,

I’m creating a pdf file that exists of many subreports, I have a question. Can I define the first subreport as another format as the other subreports? For example, the first subreport is in DIN A4 portrait format, the other subreport default format is in DIN A4 landscape format.

If not, do you have any other idea? Many thanks.


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?