Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
107 views
I'm using the technique outlined in the KB ID 1025 to generate a hyperlink in a report displayed on the web.  It works great.  The problem I have is when the user exports the report to Excel.  I'd like to prevent the report from rendering the HTML code for the hyperlink.  Is it possible to know when a report is rendered to HTML and when it's rendered to another format?

Thanks!
James
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2008
1 answer
102 views

Hello,

on my report i have a simple chart1. This chart1 has a datagroupcolumn and uses the NeedDataSource event. The chart is shown perfectly in the report.
However when exporting to PDF/TIFF/ HTML it shows a different chart!

Simple example:

In the chart1.designer.cs code i add 2 lines:

this.chart1.DataGroupColumn = "Name";   
this.chart1.NeedDataSource += new System.EventHandler(this.chart1_NeedDataSource);


In the chart1.cs code i have add the following needdatasource:

private void chart1_NeedDataSource(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
       
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart chart = sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart;
   DataTable tbl = new DataTable();
   DataColumn col = new DataColumn("Val");
   col.DataType = typeof(int);
   tbl.Columns.Add(col);
   col = new DataColumn("Val2");
   col.DataType = typeof(int);
   tbl.Columns.Add(col);
   col = new DataColumn("Name");
   col.DataType = typeof(string);
   tbl.Columns.Add(col);
   tbl.Rows.Add(new object[] { 11, 3, "a" });
   tbl.Rows.Add(new object[] { 11, 4, "a" });
   tbl.Rows.Add(new object[] { 11, 5, "b" });
   tbl.Rows.Add(new object[] { 11, 6, "b" });
   tbl.Rows.Add(new object[] { 11, 7, "c" });
   tbl.Rows.Add(new object[] { 11, 8, "c" });
   chart.DataSource = tbl;
        }

When exporting this to PDF is seems like if the first bar of the datagroup is correct, but the other bars are just copies of this first bar, even though they have different values. There seems something wrong with rendering to PDF when you are using the DataGroupColumn. This seems like a bug.
When i just remove the DataGroupColumn, it obviously shows me a completely different chart, but that one is exported in the right way.  We are using Telerik Reporting 2008 Q1. I've read some release notes of future versions but cannot find anything related to this. Any suggestions?

John Neus


 





 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2008
1 answer
285 views
Hello I recently gave .net 3.5 sp1 a good go with visual studio 2008 Express on my windows XP System.

I would like to know how to install the projetct templates of Reporting to Visual Studio 2008 express C# and visual web developer. so i can also use the reports designer.

thank you
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Oct 2008
10 answers
379 views
Hello,

I am using version 2.8.8.925 of the Telerik Reporting tools. I have a custom user function that I am using in two textboxes. the code is simple enough but I think I may be doing something wrong.

Class Function
public static string DecodeHtml(string html)  
        {  
            string decodedText = HttpContext.Current.Server.HtmlDecode(html);  
            return decodedText;  
        } 
Control 1
=DecodeHtml(Fields.Description) 


Control 2
=DecodeHtml(Fields.ResolutionComment) 

 The report looks fine except that the first field works and the second field produces the following error.
Describe the Problem:   
    
    
  Many aircraft's Work Unit Code (WUC) manuals have WUC's for wiring scattered throughout the manual. Also, there are few are or wire bundle specific WUC's. This all contributes to inaccurate data being entered into the maintenance data reporting system. Having WUC's scattered throughout the manual b aircraft system instead of   
by aircraft location and/or wire bundle leads to inaccurate data submission and wasted time looking for the "best" WUC to use for a particular repair. Better use of WUC's will provide more detailed data submission which will enable better data extraction and better tracking of wiring problems. Wiring should be treated as a separate system and not as parts of several other aircraft systems. WUC's for wiring should be combined into a separate section in the WUC manual. WUC's for aircraft areas and/or wire bundles should be added. N.O.C. WUC's should be removed from the manuals. Also, more wire specific malfunction codes should be added. The E-2C aircraft community is currently working this issue. Recommend checking with them for ideas of what can be done.   
    
    
  Resolution:   
    
  #ERROR# The expression contains undefined function call DecodeHtml().   
   
 

Not sure why this is the case, but I am also getting the same issue if I replace my function with the StripHtmlTags() function.

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks.

Very Respectully,

John
johnv
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Oct 2008
2 answers
91 views
I found some older posts regarding medium trust issues - has this been resolved as of yet or is Full Trust still a requirement?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2008
2 answers
205 views

please i need this code in VB. i was trying to convert but a i have some troubles. :S plz help me.

thx.


public Form1()
{
initializeComponent();
Reportviewer1.report = new Report1();
}

private void btnRun_Click(object sender, eventArgs e)
{
(reportviewer1.report as report1).param1= tbParam1.text;
}

Mel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Oct 2008
2 answers
199 views
In the Expression editor for the Value property of a textbox, how do I force a carriage return / line feed?
Dean Shoesmith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Oct 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hi

I've had a read through your forums and found a few comments about developing an import tool to import reports from MS Access.

I'm about to build about 40 reports and wondered

a) Have you developed such a beast yet - I'm looking for an easier life
b) If not, is it in the pipeline and do you have a launch date?

Cheers

:o)
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2008
1 answer
121 views
Hi

(1) Could we use Line Charts (in Telerik Reporting Q2 2008) to draw chart as Line_Graph_Group_SubGroup_On_X_Axis.jpg  ?

(2) Could we group Year and Term on X axis ?

Thanks for your time.

Eman Lee
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2008
1 answer
65 views
When i execute my web report program , Can i display 'Filter Dialog Editor'
for let user input some report filter? The reason is I have very simple report

that need complex filter and i think if i can dynamic calling 'Filter Dialog Editor' then sent this dynamic filter back to Report, then it can make my report
more flexible.

 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Oct 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?