This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Textbox Alignment Issue

10 Answers 222 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Judith Takis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Judith Takis asked on 03 Sep 2008, 07:49 AM
I have the problem that the alignment in the design view doesnt match the alignment in the report itself, what could be the issue?

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 08:43 AM
Hi Judith Takis,

Are you using the win or web ReportViewer to show the report? Screenshot from the design view and actual result would be appreciated as well as any additional information you find helpful.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Shiraaz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 09:38 AM
I am using a web report viewer

for some reason i cant paste screenshots here
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Shiraaz,

Indeed attachments and screenshots are not allowed in the forums. You can upload them to a free image upload site and post links here or open a support ticket and attach the screenshots and report there. Generally, when you use the HTML rendering the actual item size and position cannot be calculated on the server. The report display may be different based on the browser types and versions and so the user experience may differ significantly. As the Design Considerations for HTML Rendering help topic explains - make sure that you do not have any overlapping items. Overlapping items are positioned into adjacent cells which may break the original report layout.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Shiraaz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 01:11 PM
here is a link to the screenshots http://www.dropshots.com/shiraazzz#
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 03:30 PM
Hello Shiraaz,

From the screenshots you've send we notice that you have overlapped items in the Page Header (the ones with the yellow warning signs) and that you have items placed directly on the red vertical line which is the right end of the physical page. Please correct those problems and let us know of the outcome.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Shiraaz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 09:00 AM
I tried what you have suggested and it looks exactly the same on the report viewer
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 10:17 AM
Hello Shiraaz,

Please open a support ticket and send us the problematic report so that we can examine it on our end and advice you accordingly.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Judith Takis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2008, 11:21 AM
how do you go about doing that?
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 09 Sep 2008, 12:03 PM
Hi Judith,

You would need to login to your Client.net account and open a support ticket (see attached screenshot).

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Craig
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Sep 2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Judith!
I experience this all the time.  Have you tried to dock the text box?
This works wonders for me.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Judith Takis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Shiraaz
Top achievements