Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
135 views
Hi 
        I want to generate Report using Dataset but I don't want to display it, it will be generated on PDF directly using Codebehind.  


Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2008
1 answer
169 views
hi ,
i am generating pdf from Report. i have set the page break : after Property
but in pdf he shows the blank page after each record. i want every record should be  on new page. it should not create a blank page after each record in pdf.
please give me the solution as early as possible.

Regards.


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2008
13 answers
1.1K+ views
Hello

Is there a way to use the sql connection from my web app's web.config rather than always having to code/input the connection string with every report?

thanks
 - will
tony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Oct 2008
4 answers
382 views
Having just moved Telerik Reporting Q3 2007 for a web application we have discovered that when a report is rendered then an attempt to export it as a pdf file is made then the w3wp.exe process is pushed to 100% cpu usage and a large increase in memory.

The amount of data in the report is relatively small and no graphics are being used, we are currently using LLblgenProDatasource2 as the datsource for the report.

At first we moved the application to a separate ApplicationPool in IIS 6 and increaded the max number of Threads available to the AppPool, while also turning on the ASP .Net State Service so Session State would work across the extra threads. This resulted in the curious effect where part of a report would render but data for sub reports wouldnt..... perhaps a separate problem with session state here?

The upshot is when running with inProcess session state a relatively small report with no graphical content will grind the server to a halt be overloading the w3wp process ...

any suggestions are most welcome ..

William Jack
David Carnley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Oct 2008
3 answers
247 views

Hello,
Report report = new Report();

DetailSection detail = new DetailSection();

report.Items.Add(detail);

for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)

{

SubReport subReport = new SubReport();

Telerik.Reporting.

TextBox textBox = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();

textBox.Value = "=Berufnummer";

subReport.Report.DataSource =ds.Tables[i];

detail.Items.Add(subReport);

}

By subReport.Report.DataSource = ds.Tables[i];

getting error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any ideas.

fruzicka
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2008
2 answers
103 views
Hi,

forgiveness for my English!




How do I put a label to YAxis

something like:
http://www.imaxenes.com/imagenes/11oh921i.jpg

How do you put that label?

Thanks!










damian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2008
1 answer
280 views

Hi 
    I have used Telerik ReportViewer WebForms, but it give me below error.

 

 

Failed to map the path '/'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Users\zCon01\AppData\Local\Temp\1\Temporary ASP.NET Files\training_system\781d3e5b\60b67e4\App_Web_bx7so285.0.cs    Line: 0

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2008
5 answers
193 views
I have a report in a report library, and this library is referenced by a windows app.  I am trying to render a report directly to PDF from code, i.e. without a report viewer.  I am able to successfully render the PDF; however, the styles in the stylesheets do not carry over to the PDF.  How can I resolve this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2008
0 answers
93 views
Hi,

I have a report template where I've aligned everything precisely to avoid spacer columns and rows being generated as much as possible.

However, the 'business requirement' is that the spacer columns are excluded in their entireity! 

For the sake of an example.....

I have two columns defined on the detail row.  They are the same height, and width, and their Y offset is the same.   There is 0.25in space defined between the columns.  I don't want the 0.25in spacer in the exported sheet, but expect it on PDF.

I'd (hopefully!) expected that the  engine would only render Spacer columns and rows if absolutely necessary - i.e. if edged weren't aligned properly - when exporting to Excel, but unfortunately it creates a spacer column in the sheet.

I'm assuming that this isn't something that I can circumvent??  Has anyone got any suggestions, other than using a different toolset to do the job?
Paul Buxton
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Oct 2008
1 answer
89 views
Hello,

When I'm using Telerik Reporting something strange happened.

Everytime I'm creating a report (in Design View), I can´t use accents  neither punctuation in any windows application, report design included. For example, everytime I need to wrote cotação the result is cotaç~~ao.

I've checked the regional settings and everything is ok.

If I close de design view everything gets back to normal.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.
LM
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Oct 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?