Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
179 views
Is there no other way to bind charts in reports to a datasource but to do it in code in the needdatasource event?

I just started with this and it seems as if I have some issues to getting the chart to work correct and displaying any data. Do you have a tutorial that shows this step by step somewhere?

Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2009
6 answers
1.7K+ views
We have a very simple report, with just couple of TextBoxes on it.

private void InitializeComponent() 
{ 
   ... 
   this.titleTextBox = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox(); 
   this.txtBody = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox(); 
   ... 
} 
 
{ 
   InitializeComponent(); 
 
   this.titleTextBox.Value = "Header"; 
   this.txtBody.Value = "==="; 
} 
 

When we set the value of a TextBox to "===", we get a very strange error:

An error has occured while processing TextBox 'txtBody': 
Syntax error: Missing operand before '=' operator. 
 

If we set the value to '---' it works fine.

It looks like you're using the '=' character to indicate that we should be doing a data substitution.  How do we stop this from happening?

Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Feb 2009
5 answers
384 views
=IIF(PaidToDate > 0,((Actual + PrimeVendorPaidToDate)/PaidToDate) * 100,13)

this crashes with attempt to divide by zero exception which it should not cuz when paid to date is zero i am telling not evaluate that expression.
i did another test as such with the same data like this

=IIF(PaidToDate > 0,(Actual + PrimeVendorPaidToDate) ,13)

and it returned 13 so it really means that it shows the correct result however somewhere in the code it is evaluating the first expression which it should not even though it is displaying the correct result.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Feb 2009
7 answers
369 views
No use of arrow keys to move text boxes - using the mouse is cumbersome and often results in objects snapping to the grid at random distances.

overall im rather disappointed with the reporting package.  Users think the web interface is quite tacky and have asked to roll back to 'on screen' reports using gridviews :-(

I do hope it improves over time as we are seriously considering dropping it in favour of something more mature.






Guy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Feb 2009
9 answers
134 views
I know throwing the word BUG out there sounds alarmist but I can reproduce this every time I try. If I select multiple textboxes at one time on a report and in the properties panel click on the ... for conditional formatting, it will let me create and set a rule but that rule is never applied and if I go back to the formatting rules it is gone.
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Feb 2009
4 answers
231 views
I followed the Telerik Trainer Bind to Data Programatically portion and I cannot get get the report working. After following the steps, set up my datasource, and put my textboxes. When go and preview the report, it give me the msg 'The source of the report definition has not been specified'. How do I solve this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2009
1 answer
106 views
Hi

I want a subreport to print even when there is no data, because I want print a "No data" message.
How can I do this?

Thanks.
Ryan Emptage
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2009
3 answers
165 views
Hi

I am experiencing problems with the reporting quite, I recently upgraded to 2008 Q3 sp2 , when i create a new report in the App_Code folder, it just creates the file , but does not show up the wizard and does not display the tab for designing the report, I tried reinstalling , installed a earlier version and it still gave me the problem.

My current spec is :
Windows XP SP3
SQL Express 2005 and Management tool
Visual Studio 2008 Standard Upgraded to SP1 and .NET 3.5
Zone Alarm Firewall and Norton 360.


Need help ASAP

Thank you
Stuart
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2009
8 answers
188 views
Hi,

I have a report Viewer on a aspx page that uses a master page.  the content pane on this page is constrained by its inclusion inside a table on the master page which is set to a fixed width.

My question concerns the fact that the textbox items on the report wrap when the report viewer is constrained in width, screwing up the design.  When exported to pdf everytihng lays out as it should.  It would seem more intuitive for the report viewer to layout the report with its original design and use a horizontal scroll bar. How do I enable this functionality?
rh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2009
2 answers
92 views
Hello

I have following problem. I need strongly to display group footer on the bottom of page, but it appears after detail section directly. I can't use page footer as it appers on each page of report.

Could someone help me?

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to enter my details in my profile. I have corrected that now.
sirin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Feb 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?