Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
8 answers
792 views
I am creating the subreports programmatically with the Dock property set to "Top".
The subreports render fine in the web viewer but when exported to pdf they overlap.
I have about 6 subreport in total, however only two of them are overlapping.

Any ideas?

Ryan Emptage
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Feb 2009
1 answer
153 views
Hello!  So I've noticed a really odd behavior in the report designer.  If I have a TextBox, with borders defined, and I do "Bring to Front" on that TextBox, after that it shows in the designer without borders - including if I go to "Styles..."  However when I build/rebuild the project, the borders (correctly) reappear.

If this isn't a known issue, let me know and I can provide more detail on how to reproduce...

-Scott
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2009
1 answer
142 views
Hi..

   This is Suriya Again..
I am trying to print the parameter value( which was given from the web form ) in the report.
Public String parameter1
{
get
    {
         return (string) sqldataadapter1.selectcommand.parameter[0].value;
     }
set
    {
         sqldataadapter1.selectcommand.parameter[0].value=value;
     }
}

Using this above method i have retrive the parameter from web form..

then i have create a report parameter named as para1....

my doubt is how can i assign the parameter1 value (i.e., from web form) to para1(report)?

please clarify my doubt as soon as possible...

           By

S.Suriya Narayanan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2009
1 answer
127 views
Hi..
      Now i have doubt in retriving parameter value from the web form to the telerik report...

             By
S.Suriya Narayanan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2009
1 answer
143 views
Hi,

Is it possible to export a report to .rtf without using textboxes? It's hard editing a .rtf file when it only consists of textboxes. Would it be possible to "just" use linebreaks and tabs, creating a "normal" document?

Thanks,
Brian

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2009
4 answers
415 views

I am using Telerik Reporting and Rad Editor.

I want to make Report on the contents saved through RadEditor.
I am giving HTML Content Input for Telerik Report.

In Report(Preview on browser) it will show the complete HTML Content( for a single record) in a Page even it exceeds the page Limit.


and when i print it prints the pure HTML and not the content.

I want to put Header and Footer for every page. But it assumes the whole HTML contents as a single page and so I can't customize it for individual pages.

thanks,
RR
JDP
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Feb 2009
9 answers
332 views
I am using an SQLAdapter that runs a select statement with a few parameters to the database in order to collect data for my report. Is there a way that I can use report parameters for letting the user change the parameters in the report or do I have to put the controls on the page that holds the report viewer where the user can change the inputs?

All I found was this old video http://www.telerik.com/clientsfiles/product.videos/28/ and I also read that you would have built in support for this in future releases. Any info on this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2009
1 answer
562 views
Hello,

i want to add a new field to a report but that is not possible. In the sql-Statement there are 4 columns plus the required field, but when i click on the value of a Telerik.Reporting.textbox there are only 3 available fields. How can i add a new field?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2009
4 answers
221 views
Hi all;

I am trying to add a table/grid (like radgridview) on my subreports and this table would grow up to 10 rows depending on the information from a database.(also the position of the table in the subreport will be important) I tried to achieve this by adding bordered textboxes next to each other and make them look like a table, but I couldn't add text boxes to my subreports programmatically.

At the below link, I have added a screen shot of what I am trying to achieve.
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=samplesu4.jpg

I was wondering if it is possible to achieve this, and what would be the best approach. (If you have an example, that would be marvellous)

Thanks in advance
Janus Pedersen
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Feb 2009
3 answers
165 views
Hi, I've now with Telerik report for a while.
I have found an issue that when I have placed a toolbar with postback and ajaxmanger handles it. reportviewer still picks the postback and refreashes, any ideas or suggestions?

Additionally, I have assign the footer textbox with value at code-behind when generate, but sometimes it only appears second time after it's refreashed
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?