Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
133 views
I think the pervious may be not clear ,
Now , when i going to use the telerik reporting it must avilabe in Installed templates , but it doesn't appear ....
Please any one know a solution for this problem send it please as soon as you can

Thannks in advance
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Feb 2009
1 answer
225 views
I want to pass Parameters to Telerik Report from database and  i am unaable to find the ways for it.so plz do help us to come of this chaos.and  as i am new to this telerik reporting so could you provide me one sample application how to deal with database and reports.

thankx in advance,
jaspreet
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2009
3 answers
336 views
Hi,
    I want to create a telerik report bearing the contents coming from a dataset. The report is to be created at runtime as the number of rows and columns of the dataset may vary depending on the stored procedure fired. I want to display the header on each and every page after exporting report to PDF. For displaying the header, I have created a function named "DisplayHeader()". I have currently displayed the header for the report in the detail section (and not in the header section) because the report was not displaying all the column headers on one line. I have pasted the code below :


        public Report_PDF()

        {

            /// <summary>

            /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support

            /// </summary>

            InitializeComponent();

            DBUtilReport db = new DBUtilReport(Connectionstring);

            DataSet ds = new DataSet();

            SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand();

            cmd.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.Text;

            cmd.CommandText = "select * FROM Tablename";

            db.FillDataSet(cmd, ref ds);

            

            Unit a = new Unit(100, UnitType.Pixel);

            Unit b = new Unit(100, UnitType.Pixel);

            Unit m = new Unit(10, UnitType.Pixel);

            Unit n = new Unit(40, UnitType.Pixel);

      

            int cols = ds.Tables[0].Columns.Count;      

            int paperWidth = 297;           

            int width = paperWidth / cols;

            Unit TxtBoxWidth = new Unit(width, UnitType.Pixel)+n;

            Unit k1 = new Unit(5.0, UnitType.Pixel);

            DisplayHeader(m,k1,a,ds);

            m = m + n + m;

            for (int i = 0; i < ds.Tables[0].Rows.Count; i++)

            {

                Unit k = new Unit(10.0, UnitType.Pixel);

                for (int j = 0; j < ds.Tables[0].Columns.Count; j++)

                {

                    Telerik.Reporting.TextBox txtData = new Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();

                    txtData.Multiline = true;

                    txtData.TextWrap = true;

                    txtData.Style.TextAlign = HorizontalAlign.Left;

                    txtData.Style.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Top;

                    txtData.Style.Font.Name = "Verdana";

                    txtData.Value = ds.Tables[0].Rows[i][j].ToString();

                    txtData.Height = new Unit(75, UnitType.Pixel);

                    txtData.Width = new Unit(100, UnitType.Pixel);

                    txtData.Left = k;

                    txtData.Top = m;

                    txtData.CanShrink = true;

                                  

                    this.detail.Items.Add(txtData);

                    k = k + a;

                }

                m = m + b;

            }

         // function for displaying the header

        protected void DisplayHeader(Unit m,Unit k1,Unit a,DataSet ds)

        {

            for (int i = 0; i < ds.Tables[0].Columns.Count; i++)

            {

                Telerik.Reporting.TextBox txtHeader = new    Telerik.Reporting.TextBox();

                txtHeader.Multiline = true;

                txtHeader.TextWrap = true;

                txtHeader.Style.TextAlign = HorizontalAlign.Left;

                txtHeader.Style.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Top;

                txtHeader.Style.Font.Name = "Verdana";

                txtHeader.Style.Font.Bold = true;

                txtHeader.Value = ds.Tables[0].Columns[i].ColumnName.ToString();

                txtHeader.Height = new Unit(75, UnitType.Pixel);

                txtHeader.Width = new Unit(100, UnitType.Pixel);

                txtHeader.Left = k1;

                txtHeader.Top = m;

                txtHeader.CanShrink = true;

               

                this.detail.Items.Add(txtHeader);

                k1 = k1 + a;

            }

        }

        
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2009
2 answers
203 views
Is it possible to bind Telerik reporting and WCF?  If so, do you have any examples?

Thank you,
Chris
k f
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Feb 2009
5 answers
394 views
Hi

I have a main report which uses an xml file (to DataTable) as a datasource containing Member ID's.
I also have a subreport for the Member's Addresses.

As each Member is processed in the main report I want to pass the MemberID to the subreport, where I then pass the MemberID into as a parameter in DataAdapter.Fill() method.

I have already implemented the passing of parameters into the DataAdapter and also implemented properties in the subreport to store the parameters being passed from the main report. As so:

 public partial class PersonalSubReport : Telerik.Reporting.Report 
    { 
        private int _paramOid; 
        private int _paramMemberId; 
 
        public PersonalSubReport() 
        { 
            /// <summary> 
            /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support 
            /// </summary> 
            InitializeComponent(); 
 
            // TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'dsMemberPersonalDetails.dsMemberPersonalDetailsTable' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed. 
            try 
            { 
                this.dsMemberPersonalDetailsTableAdapter1.Fill((this.dsMemberPersonalDetails.dsMemberPersonalDetailsTable), _paramOid, _paramMemberId); 
            } 
            catch (System.Exception ex) 
            { 
                // An error has occurred while filling the data set. Please check the exception for more information. 
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message); 
            } 
        } 
 
        public int ParamOid 
        { 
            get 
            { 
                return _paramOid; 
            } 
            set 
            { 
                _paramOid = value; 
            } 
        } 
 
        public int ParamMemberId 
        { 
            get 
            { 
                return _paramMemberId; 
            } 
            set 
            { 
                _paramMemberId = value; 
            } 
        } 

My question is....when do I set the properties?
I tried setting them in the main report sections item databinding event but this occurs after the subreport's DataAdapter.Fill() method is called so parameters being passed are 0 and no data is being returned in the subreport.

Many thanks.




Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Feb 2009
1 answer
93 views
i am using the code defined in knowlegde base section for showing alternate items with different styles using itemDatabound event handler.....i tried it, but having a little difficulty.....its working fine but for each odd page. Although i havent touched anything like page settings...But its showing alternate items with alternate styles in one page, and dont shows any item in next page, then shows in another page n so on....plz help me
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2009
11 answers
177 views
Is there an example of using ajax with ReportViewer?  I am using 2008 Q2
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Feb 2009
3 answers
81 views
Dear Community,

I am currently struggling with some minor issues regarding filtering on my data. So far, I have followed the help tutorial file located on the telerik help section, and have a filtering that looks something like this (in my detail section on the master-report page):

--------------------------------
user: foo
                    - item a
                    - item b

user: bar
                    - item c
--------------------------------

I suppose this might require a bit more detailed explaination, as the above example may not suffice. In my data I have a number of users, each user may have one or more items. If a user has more then one item bound, the user will only be shown once, hence the items are listed under the username. This is currrently what I have gotten, so far so good.

My problem comes down to splitting up the data a bit more then this. I would like to be able to have the filtered user in the header of the masterpage, not the detail section, and then have the items bound to that specific user shown in the detail section. Furthermore, for every user I filter, I would like to make a pagebreak, hence creating a new page with a new header labled the new user. So, for the above example I would like to have 2 pages, one with the user "foo" in the header, and the items "item a" and "item b" in the detail section, as well as user "bar" with item "item c" on page 2.

If anyone has a good way of implementing this, or surgestions to my problem, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Søren Engel
Mark Russell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Feb 2009
6 answers
422 views
I would like to make a report that has two grids/outputs on it.  How can I do this?  The report i created only has a reportHeader, labelsGroupHeader, detail, labelGroupFooter, and Footer.  The page does not seem to get any larger so I can add another little report/grid in this one report.  Any ideas?
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Feb 2009
3 answers
170 views
How do I get a line to go all the way across?

column 1                       column 2

--------------------------------------
Column 1 Total          Column 2 Total
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?